Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 18 - February 24th, 2021
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 22nd 2021 at 12:08 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Wednesday February 24th at 2 PM to 3 PM Pacific (or 10-11 GMT).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you’re unable to attend, and I’ll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
170 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 23rd 2021 at 7:35 AM
Last Edited February 24th 2021 at 6:31 AM
Elsastar96
Would it be possible when there is an event, to have the ncp that you buy the gifts from, to have the send a friend a gift feature? The Christmas event has this, it would be nice to have it on all events.

When you are whacking bushes, I'd like there to be a pop-up text for when your energy is about to be filled, like the one you get when your close and you use an energy pack. I like to switch my trinkets to gain as much as I can, but, sometimes get carried away whacking those bushes that I forget. Could you do this?

When we have gained 100 of each type of feed, could we have something else occasionally pop out of the bushes? Such as mount bucks or feed vouchers?
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 23rd 2021 at 2:30 PM
WhackedCrafter
How hard would it be not to get VIP Tokens in satchels if you aren't a VIP Member? Not talking about the Vouchers, but the Tokens. I have 7 VIP Tokens now (just got another one today). I have had the 6 forever and will never ever use them for I will never be a VIP Member. If you can't stop that from happening then could there be an option to gift them to players that are VIP Members? Every time I get a VIP Token in a satchel (even though rarely get them) I feel cheated thinking I could've gotten a VIP Voucher, which I use.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 23rd 2021 at 5:23 PM
Russel Denton
i have a few idea's, here they are as follows:

1 - ok, at the moment we have only one use for junk and that is for the hermit, i reckon if we had a new store , that recycled some of the junk into some decorative items for our ranch or even avatar, now i suggested something like this before, here's the link..

https://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=7994

it was loved by the dev back then Ken layden, but nothing happened out of it

2 - a way to make sure we don't send gifts to the same person twice perhaps, or even highlight the names so we know

3 - this is in continuation from my idea last week about the ability to combine trinkets, we would only combine trinkets we make in zones, not trinkets we get in events like the one where we got the trinket that does quest/puzzle odds, if that makes it more understandable, and not flux trinkets due too we can dust them and get/make a trinket from that.

happy to hear folks thoughts
3 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 23rd 2021 at 9:53 PM
Kanoo
I was wondering if a way could be created to have categories for our ranch inventory, Sims-style. It takes me forever to scroll through everything, and if I search for, say, "sofa", the results wouldn't include things labeled as "couch" or "loveseat". It would be great if we could even create our own categories to organize things.

My other question is if it would be possible to have some kind of label on items to let us know if we've bought or received them before. Whenever I check out a vendor on Amicus Isle, I have to constantly toggle back to my ranch to see if I already have it in my inventory, ranch house or lake house so I don't waste the currency by buying it again.

Thanks for considering our input!
51 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 23rd 2021 at 11:40 PM
Last Edited February 24th 2021 at 1:30 AM
forgingaheart
I finally managed to pick up the "Romantic Candles" from a previous Valentines event. Love them, it's a pair of red candles on a pink candlestick/base.

I would really love a set of candles in a blue/white combo, like white candles on blue base or blue candles on a silver or gold candlestick base or even white candles on a blue/silver or gold base.

later maybe y'all could recolor the candlesticks to other color combos depending on the event. like maybe gold and or silver candlesticks with various colors to the candles. maybe like red/green/yellow/purple candles depending on the festival, but i really would love the white/blue combo first.

Please! pretty please! with cherries on top!
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 24th 2021 at 5:47 AM
Russel Denton
SO i really liked Forgingaheart's candle idea, so i did a bit of digging around my inventory and found these candles

- Red Candles with pink base - from Valentine's event
- Harvest Candles, 3 candles with pumpkins as bases - Thanksgiving event ?
- Advent Candles - Christmas event
- Rustic Candles - im guessing from a zone by the looks of them
- Autumn Candles - Thanksgiving event
- Kinara Candles - Christmas event

so i reckon the following events could have candles that don't already

- St Patricks event - Green candles with clover bases or even rainbow bases
- Easter Events - Easter Egg shaped Candles with daffodils as decoration
- Summer Sports event - football/hockey puck and baseball shaped candles in various colours

- Spring Event - Yellow candles ( perhaps) with flowers sticking out the candles
- Summer Carnival Event - 3 clown shaped candles
- Patriot Event - the candles would be the colours of the American flag
- Halloween Candles - bone shaped candles with spiders crawling over them

im sure the other events i missed could have candles but this is what i came up with
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 24th 2021 at 10:05 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Vezorbin
A suggestion to use VIP tokens is to spend them in the VIP store. There are 4 pets available at 5 tokens each. VIP pets give gold DNA when released.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 24th 2021 at 10:48 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
I'll be pushing this Q&A back an hour to 3 PM, as we have a company meeting at 2 PM today. Sorry for the inconvenience!
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 24th 2021 at 2:35 PM
WhackedCrafter
ArmyMomOkc
You have to be a VIP Member to buy anything from the VIP Store, which I am not nor ever plan to be a VIP Member. Ty.. though
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 24th 2021 at 3:02 PM
Flybaby
Hi Nick, I really enjoy dressing up those mannequins, and I am wondering if you have given any more thought to my idea of being able to use those pesky sugarless drinks to dress the mannequins up in different costumes. Many of us have dozens of those sugarless drinks, and since we can't sell them, that could be a fun way to use them.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 24th 2021 at 3:21 PM
Flybaby
Great idea about the Valentine Candles. I would love to buy more sets of either the same color or different colors.

Now that we have both a Ranch house and Island cottage to decorate, it would be nice to be able to buy multiples of some of the items instead of being limited to one.
(One example, is a kitchen stove. We have lots of refrigerators, but only one stove. lol)
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 24th 2021 at 3:22 PM
Last Edited February 24th 2021 at 3:34 PM
BarbZak
I like Flybaby's idea to do something with the sugarless drinks..I also have 92 of them.Yes 92, whewww...

I Like the candle idea as well BUT,, it would be nice if they flicker like our Xmas trees stars do.

Also,the Giant candle does flicker..I noticed..just saying..
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 24th 2021 at 3:50 PM
Russel Denton
Just to add on to Flybabys idea about sugarless drinks, there was 2 threads i know of that suggested a few idea's for the sugarless drinks, perhaps look into those would be good tgoo perhaps
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 24th 2021 at 4:24 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Sorry for the delay, the meeting ran later than I expected so this will be a shorter q&a.

That being said, let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions until 4 PM PST.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 24th 2021 at 4:32 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Elsastar96:

Would it be possible when there is an event, to have the ncp that you buy the gifts from, to have the send a friend a gift feature? The Christmas event has this, it would be nice to have it on all events.

When you are whacking bushes, I'd like there to be a pop-up text for when your energy is about to be filled, like the one you get when your close and you use an energy pack. I like to switch my trinkets to gain as much as I can, but, sometimes get carried away whacking those bushes that I forget. Could you do this?

When we have gained 100 of each type of feed, could we have something else occasionally pop out of the bushes? Such as mount bucks or feed vouchers?

You're not the only one to ask to be able to send gifts from the event area! Christmas is a bit different, as that's Sasha in the North Pole, who you typically send gifts through in the Commons. This is on our lists of suggestions to consider!

You typically are losing energy while whacking bushes, which is why there isn't a warning like this. But I'll consider adding one.

I'd rather give players more interesting uses for feeds, than accommodate players stockpiling them. Already you can sell them for Mount Bucks, which I understand is more work, but essentially does what you're suggesting in a more round-about way.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 24th 2021 at 4:37 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Vezorbin:

How hard would it be not to get VIP Tokens in satchels if you aren't a VIP Member? Not talking about the Vouchers, but the Tokens. I have 7 VIP Tokens now (just got another one today). I have had the 6 forever and will never ever use them for I will never be a VIP Member. If you can't stop that from happening then could there be an option to gift them to players that are VIP Members? Every time I get a VIP Token in a satchel (even though rarely get them) I feel cheated thinking I could've gotten a VIP Voucher, which I use.

I'll consider removing VIP Tokens from satchel rewards for players without active memberships, but they could still have use should you ever end up with a VIP membership, perhaps as gift from a friend or if you pick it up should it go on sale or via some other opportunity.

I understand that you don't want something you never think you'll get a chance to spend.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 24th 2021 at 4:41 PM
WhackedCrafter
Ty, Nick... for understanding.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 24th 2021 at 4:43 PM
WhackedCrafter
Maybe open the VIP Store to non members so can spend the tokens?
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 24th 2021 at 4:45 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton:

i have a few idea's, here they are as follows:

1 - ok, at the moment we have only one use for junk and that is for the hermit, i reckon if we had a new store , that recycled some of the junk into some decorative items for our ranch or even avatar, now i suggested something like this before, here's the link..

https://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=7994

it was loved by the dev back then Ken layden, but nothing happened out of it

2 - a way to make sure we don't send gifts to the same person twice perhaps, or even highlight the names so we know

3 - this is in continuation from my idea last week about the ability to combine trinkets, we would only combine trinkets we make in zones, not trinkets we get in events like the one where we got the trinket that does quest/puzzle odds, if that makes it more understandable, and not flux trinkets due too we can dust them and get/make a trinket from that.

happy to hear folks thoughts

Thanks for sharing these ideas, Russel. To respond to each:

1) Recycling junk is a neat idea. Currently you do not collect the junk you fish up nor turn-in to the Hermit, so there'd have to be a restructure there. But it's a fun idea that would promote recycling, which I'm a fan of.

2) Highlighting friends who have pending gifts from you would be a good UI improvement to gift giving, for sure. Thank you for the suggestion.

3) Thank you for clarifying your suggestion from last week. We already include "combine" trinket recipes with each update to remove weak trinkets cluttering your inventory, including "mega combine" recipes in the past few updates.