Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Endless Flux Idea - Calling for suggestions!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 16th 2021 at 1:55 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
In last week's Bush Whacker Weekly livestream I had mentioned an idea for making the Flux more interesting.

The short of it is you'd start a "run" where you enter a small area with just one field, complete the puzzle revealing a chest, claim Flux Dust, then move on to the next area. Each area would be random with a different theme, like Forest, Mountain, Desert, Swamp, etc.

In each area, the Energy and Mana costs to whack bushes goes up, so eventually you will max out, and thus your "run" would end. You'd claim a unique currency and maybe get complete some achievements based on how many areas you completed.

The idea I'd like some suggestions on is this: Each area would have a different "effect" or "modifier" that may change how you play in that particular field. Here are some ideas I've come up with:

- Puzzle is bigger or smaller / more or less pieces (Grand/Paltry Puzzle)
- A piece of your costume is changed (Costume Glitch)
- Bushes cost more/less energy (Sturdy/Flimsy Bushes)
- Bushes cost more/less mana (Warded/Magical Bushes)
- Power whacks yield +/-50% items (Empowered/Depowered Bushes)
- Field spawns Energy Bushes (Energy Bushes)
- Field spawns Power Bushes (Power Bushes)
- Field spawns Mana Bushes (Mana Bushes)
- Field has more or only Critters (Swarmed)
- Field has more or only Bushes (Overgrown)
- Field has just ONE big bush you continuously whack (Elder Bush)
- Your character, mount, and pet are extra small (Tiny)
- Bushes are bigger and have chance to yield double items like critters (Embiggened Bushes)
- Bushes are smaller and have a higher chance of Nothings (Withered Bushes)
- Movement is increased or reduced (Hastened/Slothed)
- Hawker (A merchant is here that you can buy energy or mana restoration)
- Bushes are Nate. Field of Nate. Or Devs, or Princess
- Have a permanent friend in this zone. Maybe your first friend whack stays and helps you whack
- Only your pet can whack, but its bonus is increased

This idea is very much in the works and is subject to change. That being said, I would love to hear any suggestions for different effects or any other feedback on this sort of idea.
305 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 17th 2021 at 1:28 AM
Last Edited February 17th 2021 at 1:29 AM
Kate (aquafishy)
This would be a great place to use original bush whakcer legacy pets.
I'd love to see a puzzle of the sailing ship that first landed us in Bushwhackia.
Add achievements to the endless flux (I can't believe I'm saying this)
Have zone with random bushes of different colours popping up, pink, orange, red, rainbow, make it a long term quest, or achievement to whack a certain number of each.
Have one of the puzzles in the endless flux be line art that can be printed and coloured, once solved, which can be emailed to be featured on the Twitch stream and on the facebook page. Heck, do a bunch of these, that would be fun!
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 17th 2021 at 1:52 AM
phagras
From my other thread:
You could have levels taken from the April Fools events. Even the black & white event could work if the level is designed for it. Could also mix it up by having a level where you dig for puzzle pieces and levels with ice sliding or push block puzzle to reach the puzzle field.
170 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 17th 2021 at 8:04 AM
Elsastar96
Have an area called Olympia, where the puzzle has as many pieces as areas in the game including secret areas (is it 91 of each?). You would have to visit each area and whack a bush in each, you could call it "the bushathon". Upon completion it opens up the field in Olympia ready to whack for puzzle pieces, "the jigsaw trials". The prize for completing the puzzle could be a new pet called "the Olympian". You could then enter your pet into a race (use the race track from an event-can't remember which one)you could call it "the tri-pet-alon" to open up trinket slots for your pet. Win 1 race = 1 slot, win 2 = 2 slots, win 3 = 3 slots.
170 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 17th 2021 at 9:24 AM
Last Edited February 19th 2021 at 5:17 AM
Elsastar96
Have the puzzle already completed but then you have to bury each piece to get the chest.

A field called "Futurama" that has transparent bushes that contain a ?, then when the puzzle is complete you get a trinket that is x-ray specs to enable you to see what is in the bushes.

Create "Clone-onia" where there is double of everything...12 bushes, 2 puzzles etc. One of the puzzles gives you the "Clone me" outfit, t-shirt, cape, gloves and hat, while the other gives you the "Clone-onian" pet. Only whilst wearing the outfit can you call upon your clone, you can then send them off to other areas to collect quests for you while you are busy whacking bushes. They could even do the fishing quests for you!

Have a field called "Nobush land" by where there is nothing to whack and you have to grow your own bushes. Either buy seeds from farmer McDonald or ask your friends for the "Gyob" seed. Once planted you have your bushes. Add a daily to find 20 water bowls for your pet to drink, the bushes can then be watered by your pet to keep them hydrated, (this will add humour, they have got to go somewhere, right?) but, miss this daily and you have to grow more.
170 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 19th 2021 at 6:40 AM
Last Edited February 19th 2021 at 6:54 AM
Elsastar96
I like the idea of one big bush, maybe you could add a whack 5/10 times button to that too.

Having the Hawker would be good too, sounds like we will need him!

Love the idea of a permanent friend in the area too, would they actually be permanent though? Or would they disappear after the 100 whacks?

The "Only your pet can whack", how about a new pet for this, the "Whackalottous"? Or the "Whackabushforussaurus"?
260 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 22nd 2021 at 10:02 AM
kiki_ar
I like the idea of making Flux more entertaining, and guess is more appealing for old time players...
My only concern is for players who have recently arrived to Flux (like me) and we´re begining to aquire flux trinkets, if the change will affect our odds to get them.
Otherwise, it´s a brilliant idea !
Thanks Nick.