Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
BW2 stuck on loading graphics
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2021 at 4:19 AM
wallac
Hi the BW2 loader gets stuck on loading graphics. This is the second or third time this has happened. Please fix this. It is not fun and I cannot do the event with any regularity if I cannot get into the game.
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2021 at 1:11 PM
carrie1950
I am stuck too!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2021 at 3:24 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Sorry for the inconvenience! Are both your games still stuck at loading after you close the program and retry?
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2021 at 4:46 PM
carrie1950
YES
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2021 at 6:09 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Please send in an email (or ticket if you can) to bw2support@codenameentertainment.com and I'll see if I can sort out what's wrong.
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2021 at 7:54 PM
wallac
For me it works to retry but the problem resurfaces Nick.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 21st 2021 at 10:32 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
This can happen from time-to-time, particularly when we're pushing updates to the game.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to determine the cause of why some people get hung up on loading and others don't. I haven't been able to reproduce the issue myself, but I'll keep an eye out on any possible causes.

In the meantime, just close the launcher and reload and see if it gets through.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
9 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 15th 2021 at 12:21 AM
Last Edited February 15th 2021 at 1:07 AM
Michael Tms
I haven't been able to get BW2 to load for several days now.

It just loads 10% or so then doesn't do anything else no matter how long i let it sit.

Tried restarting at least a dozen times with nothing different happening.
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 15th 2021 at 5:12 PM
carrie1950
I am stuck again at loading graphs, same as before. It is really annoying.
9 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 15th 2021 at 7:44 PM
Michael Tms
Yeah I really hope I'm not missing out on an event because of the game not loading up :/
236 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 15th 2021 at 8:37 PM
Anubischick
Mine is very slow for both BW2 and CotLI (both via the launcher, not Steam). If you leave it long enough (around 10 minutes) it usually finally loads.

Started late Friday night (my time +10 GMT) and seems to be slightly better today. Still slow and very slow moving between areas. It's almost like it is trying to grab the graphics every time it starts and moves rather than using a cache.

The only thing that is different is I finally got around to removing Flash from my system, which should make no difference since this game is independent of Flash now.
9 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 16th 2021 at 6:47 AM
Michael Tms
I've left the game to load overnight and it still hasn't gotten any farther in loading so I don't think my problem is the same as yours :/
236 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 16th 2021 at 7:33 AM
Anubischick
Michael Tins do you play CotLI as well? I found the first time if I loaded both launchers then for some reason that seemed to brute force it and start the graphic download, which is the bit that seems to stick.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 16th 2021 at 10:52 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Micheal, if you're still having troubles loading the game please submit a support ticket, and I can take a look at your account.