Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Q&A 13 - January 20th, 2021
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2021 at 10:32 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Wednesday January 20th at 2 PM to 3 PM Pacific (or 9-10 GMT).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you’re unable to attend, and I’ll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
33 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2021 at 12:22 PM
ahhmericanwoman
Question: When we were online, we used to be able to copy/paste paragraphs of chat, but now we can only copy/paste one comment. Miss this feature - sometimes when someone was giving help to a particular area I was having trouble, I would like to copy that and keep it in my notes. Now that's about impossible to do. Can that be fixed?
c
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2021 at 4:38 PM
Last Edited January 19th 2021 at 4:39 PM
BarbZak
NICK,, would you please read all of Joyce's darn good ideas/suggestions for all new mannequins ..I was going to suggest some,, but she already did and her ideas areeee sooo dam good..
I would like to do diff stuff with them as she suggested....
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2021 at 12:19 AM
rose29
Suggestion: Have a 'favorite's' button for friends. Then I can mark who helps me, sends me gifts, or friends that have rewards/activities at their ranch. Love the 'call a friend' though, very happy with that addition.
170 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2021 at 5:35 AM
Elsastar96
We have 2 permanent trinkets that are based on energy, the frosted cake(latest upgrade) that increase your energy regeneration and alien time shortener(latest upgrade) that decreases your time between energy regeneration.

How about 2 new ones that are based on crops?

They could work on the same principle as the former and be upgraded over time.

The first could be based on mushrooms(as there are many varieties) button, shiitake etc, this could increase the yield you obtain from crops.

The second based on a crop sprayer(sprays once then twice etc) to decrease the time it takes to grow crops.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2021 at 3:01 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2021 at 3:05 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
ahhmericanwoman:

Question: When we were online, we used to be able to copy/paste paragraphs of chat, but now we can only copy/paste one comment. Miss this feature - sometimes when someone was giving help to a particular area I was having trouble, I would like to copy that and keep it in my notes. Now that's about impossible to do. Can that be fixed?
c

I agree, it is a big inconvenience that the Desktop Launcher chat doesn't support this. It can be modified to do so, but may be a fairly large undertaking, unfortunately.

It's already been mentioned before, so I'll take a look further into it when I have some time. Sorry for the inconvenience!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2021 at 3:07 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
BarbZak:

NICK,, would you please read all of Joyce's darn good ideas/suggestions for all new mannequins ..I was going to suggest some,, but she already did and her ideas areeee sooo dam good..
I would like to do diff stuff with them as she suggested....

Joyce's ideas for new mannequin poses is very cool! Unfortunately it's a fairly big undertaking to add new mannequin poses, as they're based on the animations made for the main player avatars. It's something Georgia and I will consider for a future update though, as we agree it would be very cool.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2021 at 3:09 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
rose29:

Suggestion: Have a 'favorite's' button for friends. Then I can mark who helps me, sends me gifts, or friends that have rewards/activities at their ranch. Love the 'call a friend' though, very happy with that addition.

This is a great idea, rose29, and hasn't been the first time it's been suggested! I can absolutely see the utility in it, and we're considering it for a future update.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2021 at 3:13 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Elsastar96:

We have 2 permanent trinkets that are based on energy, the frosted cake(latest upgrade) that increase your energy regeneration and alien time shortener(latest upgrade) that decreases your time between energy regeneration.

How about 2 new ones that are based on crops?

They could work on the same principle as the former and be upgraded over time.

The first could be based on mushrooms(as there are many varieties) button, shiitake etc, this could increase the yield you obtain from crops.

The second based on a crop sprayer(sprays once then twice etc) to decrease the time it takes to grow crops.

A very interesting idea! It would be neat to have an avenue to further increase your farming capabilities aside from Plant Splicing. And I appreciate the suggest themes for each trinket! I've noted this idea down and will take it into consideration.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2021 at 3:26 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
I hope everyone is enjoying Nate's Birthday event! Any feedback on it would be appreciated, as always.

Also, Georgia and I are diligently working on the next major content update, which will continue the main story, have new areas to whack in, new secrets to explore, and a new feature for the Flux!
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2021 at 3:30 PM
Flybaby
Here's a little Nate Limerick for all to enjoy

Bushwhacker Nate took his mighty sword
And whacked bushes until he was bored;
He looked with disgust …
At his sword full of rust …
But it was all that he could afford
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2021 at 3:32 PM
Flybaby
Nick I just wanted to thank you and Georgia for taking me up on my suggestion to do a Nate coloring page. I'm having fun with it ... it is so detailed. Kudos to Georgia for her terrific art work
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2021 at 3:55 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
You're so very welcome, Flybaby! It was a fun idea, and super appropriate as it's his birthday!

I greatly enjoyed that limerick! I've shared it with the office :D
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2021 at 3:58 PM
BarbZak
I did try the pic..to no avail..YET ...hmm
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2021 at 4:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Are there any technical difficulties you're having with the Nate colouring sheet I could help with, BarbZak?
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2021 at 4:02 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Okay folks, this is all I have time for, thus concluding this week's forum Q&A! Thank you for all the great questions, and I hope those quietly reading this after the fact find it informative.

Hope to talk to you in this Friday's livestream! Ta ta for now!
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2021 at 4:03 PM
BarbZak
UM no technical...Nick......idk what the problem is,,,I will try again , I guess..already deleted 3 of them hahaha..but ty for support...Nick..
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2021 at 4:03 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Good luck with it, BarbZak! I look forward to seeing what you come up with :)
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2021 at 4:04 PM
Last Edited January 20th 2021 at 4:08 PM
BarbZak
ok......n ty :D

Flybaby..cute limerick...as well:D