Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
need serious help with ruinification quest V
16 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 11th at 2:12 PM
BeetleBait
I cannot seem to pass this class, I am stuck trying to create a 40% ruin and I have had no luck. can anyone tell me EXACTLY what ruins they used to pass this class?!
I have already tried fusing 4 15% grandest ruins to form a 40% one with no luck in completion. there has to be a combination that actually works?!

please Im desperate. which ruins do I need to combine to pass this?
15 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 11th at 4:05 PM
Last Edited January 11th at 4:07 PM
Zingman
Don't use grandest runes unless the quest explicitly calls for them. Which this one does, assuming you're taking about:

Lesson 44 - Combine runes to make a Grandest Rune of any effect with odds 40% or higher. You may need to craft some additional runes to do so. And remember to put the rune you want to keep and augment in the left slot when combining, not the right.


From the wiki (for lessons 39-44):

You can combine Pristine, Scavanged, or Augmented runes in order to get the % you need, but those runes MUST be place in the right-hand slot.

The name of the rune in the left slot must contain ONLY the word “GRANDEST”


If I had to guess, you're combining two grandest runes (15%) to make a 30% "augmented" rune and then combining that with the another 15% to make 45% (and so on). When I did it, if I remember correctly, I combined a lot of found/scavenged runes to get to 25% then combined that with one grandest rune to get 40%. I put the grandest rune on the LEFT slot to preserve the name.

It's actually counter to how you should normally combine runes. To get the most out of the duration for a combined rune you'd normally put the stronger/longer lasting rune in the LEFT slot, and here you're putting it on the RIGHT.

I.e. when I'm making a 60% rune. I usually start with crafted 3% runes, then combine to make 6% runes. Then combine those to make 12% runes. Then I combine four 12% runes to make two 24% runes. Then I take the remaining 12% rune and tack it onto one of the 24% runes with the 24% on the LEFT and the 12% on the RIGHT to make a 36% rune. Lastly i combine the 36% rune on the LEFT with the other 24% on the RIGHT to make a 60% rune. Doing it that way gets me the longest duration for my rune at the cheapest cost (usually only need to use luck spheres for the last combine too).
16 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 11th at 5:46 PM
BeetleBait
yes I am talking about lesson 44. I have used a total of 3 grandest ruins, each fused with 10% large ruins. I was under the impression to get a grandest ruin with 40% I had to make 3 separate grandest ruins with 15% then fuse them with the main grandest ruin until I got 40% obviously that wasnt the case and now I have no idea which ruins to use to complete this stupid lesson
15 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 11th at 9:37 PM
Zingman
Example using mana:

Step 1: Combine runes to make a rune of 25% or greater of mana. It doesn't matter what runes you use for this (found/scavenged/crafted) as long as the finished product is 25% mana (or greater).

Step 2: Craft a "Grandest Rune of Mana" -- which is 15% mana

Step 3: Combine the two runes. Place the "grandest rune" (15%) in the LEFT slot, and the 25% mana rune in the RIGHT slot. As long as you put them in the right order you should have an "augmented grandest rune of mana" of 40%, which will complete the quest.

fin
3 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th at 3:22 PM
deedledee
how do I make the rune for the pedestal to get the key?
1479 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th at 11:05 PM
Last Edited January 12th at 11:06 PM
ArmyMomOkc
deedledee

Here's the wiki link

https://bushwhacker2.fandom.com/wiki/Salt_Desert_Quest_Hub#Runic_Key

This page contains spoilers. You might have to scroll down. There you will find specific instructions to make this rune.
3 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 14th at 2:49 PM
deedledee
How do I make a large light grey vial? I need one for the large puzzle ruin.
1479 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 15th at 7:04 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Combine 4 small vials, then combine the two medium vials created from combining the small vials.
1479 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 15th at 8:47 AM
ArmyMomOkc
deedledee
If you don't have enough light grey you can disenchant some runes to try to get more.
If you're not sure how to do this here's the wiki info about making runes. The wiki is my go to when I get stuck.

https://bushwhacker2.fandom.com/wiki/Runesocketing
Post by deedledee deleted January 15th at 4:57 PM
912 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th at 2:33 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Sorry for the confusion, BeetleBait! I hope you were able to figure this quest out.

Thanks for being so helpful Zingman and ArmyMomOkc! Shout out to Flybaby for the wiki entries on this.
16 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 5th at 6:22 PM
BeetleBait
@zingman, thank you so much your step by step instructions helped! I was finally able to pass this dreaded lesson! much appreciated!
Log in to reply to this thread!