Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
R.E: rose leaf's ( semi-imaginary ) wasteland journey part 1: friends
336 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 20th 2020 at 7:49 PM
Last Edited July 21st 2020 at 3:20 AM
ERIC1342
Disclaimer: this is MY idea i DO NOT claim ownership of mlp, it's fan-base. or it's characters(fan-made or canon). (save for any "oc("original character.")" that i may make for this story ( the title character of the story in this case ). this is a non-profit fan-made work of fiction for entertainment purposes only. "this is NOT related my other mlp fanfics (see "lost princesses: book 1" or "Project harmony" ) Author's Note: this story takes place in the " Equestria " of the TV show some time after the events of " The Cutie Re-Mark " Parts 1 & 2 ( but that is not too relevant to this story ). Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria... somewhere in the everfree forest.. ~rose leaf's P.O.V( point of view )~ as I trekked through this cursed and demonic expanse of deadly mutant plant life once again I stopped dead in my tracks at what lay before me : KILLING JOKE! a huge mass of those cursed blue vines crisscrossed over themselves across the ground coming from the left and right forming some kind-of barricade , as I quietly crept closer to it I was ready to jump back at a moment's notice if it tried to attack me , but it did not for I had gotten so close to it that I could reach out and touch it with my fore-hoof( yea right.. as if I'd do THAT! ) , as I looked at it I took a step or so back then took out one of the combat knives ( that I had found over the years ) and tied the handle of it to the end of a old wooden handle( that was likely off of a pitchfork , a shovel or some such tool )that had the head broken off ( which like the combat knives I found it some time ago ) then reached out and poked the killing joke with the tip of the knife , the vines ( the area of them I poked anyway ) twitched a bit as they lay on top themselves but did not attack me , "snap!" I jumped a little as I thought I heard a twig snap but after not seeing anything with my eyes nor noticing any yellow( non-hostile )or red( hostile ) dots on my E.F.S display I calmed down then I Untied the handle of the combat knife from the wooden handle then placed both of them back in my saddlebags and went back to looking for a way to go around the big mass of killing joke. ~Zecora's P.O.V~ as I was going about my day gathering some more herbs and other stuff to make potions with I came across the clearing that lead up to the field of Poison Joke were I first met twilight her friends , as I peeked out form behind the trees overlooking that area I heard small hoof-steps approaching the area I was looking at , so as to not scare who or whatever was approaching I stayed where I was hidden and quiet in the trees overlooking that area , I watched as a earth Pony filly about the size of apple bloom( when I first met her ) with a VERY unkempt dark red mane and tail on-top of a coat of yellowish white fur/skin( that looks like it has not been washed for a few days ) and wearing a pair of saddlebags that have clearly seen better days attached to a layer of fairly thick fabric that completely covers her flanks and midsection slowly approached the field of Poison Joke , I stood there and watched as this strange filly crept up to the very edge of the field of Poison Joke and looked at it( her body posture suggesting that she was expecting it to and ready for it to attack her ) , I kept watching as she looked at it for a few more seconds before she crept back a few steps then took a knife and a small and long yet fairly thick branch out of her saddlebags and tied them together into a makeshift spear then reached out and poked at some of the Poison joke with the tip of the knife and watched it move a little then pulled her spear back and looked at the Poison joke some more( the look on her facial features( form what I cloud see of them ) suggesting that she was a bit surprised that the plants did not do what she expecting them to do ) "snap!" I flinched a little as a twig snapped when I moved the branches a little to try and get a better view , I quickly pulled myself behind a tree that was beside me in hopes that the strange( and now armed ) filly did not see me as she looked my way( but fortunately did not see me ) as she was looking around for what made the sound then looked down at some kind-of plastic tube that was clipped around one of her fore-legs just above the hoof for a few seconds before giving up on looking for the sound she heard , I continued watching this STRANGE filly as she carefully and neatly untied the knife form the branch then placed both of them back in her saddlebags before going back to looking for a way around the field of Poison joke , I remained hidden and kept watching as she kept looking for a way around the Poison joke , I didn't want to risk provoking this STRANGE filly into attacking me out of panic / fright , but she looked lost and despite the fact that it looked like she was doing her absolute best to be brave I could tell that was starting to " lose her nerve " on going deeper into the forest , it was getting late and since I couldn't stand the thought of her being out here alone at night , I felt compelled to try and help her to at least make it to the relative safety of fluttershy's home before nightfall but I needed a plan so as to not have her go all savage on me so I quietly followed her as she found a spot where she was able to use her size to wiggle around the Poison joke and ended up on the path leading to ponyville with me hidden in the trees alongside the path then I set my plan in motion : I walked in-between the trees alongside the path until I was hidden alongside a area of the path that was just up a head of the part of the path that this STRANGE filly was on then I walked out onto the path and casually walked down to were she was at . ~rose leaf's P.O.V ~ after finally finding a way around the killing joke I looked up and saw that it was getting late for the sunlight that shone through the part of the eternally overcast sky that I cloud see through the tree tops had dimmed a little , as looked at were I ended up I saw that I was on what left of some kind-of OLD pony-made path that had at one time cut through the forest and was now( not surprisingly ) slightly overgrown with moss and undergrowth and littered with pony skeletons and the remains of wagons and the like , as I looked ahead I saw the ruins of a large town on the horizon and so with a NEED to find shelter and rest till the sunlight once again tried to cut through the eternal overcast and a DESIRE to leave this cursed forest I continued walking up the path toward the ruined town on the horizon ~ no one's P.O.V ~ " I really hope she doesn't attack me " Zecora said to herself as she walked down the path toward the STRANGE filly she had followed earlier that day , as rose leaf walked up the path toward the large town( which looked like the skeleton of such in her eyes ) she saw in the distance , she slowed down as she heard hoof-steps approaching( to her ears the hoof-steps sounded like rotted ligaments and decayed bones being moved by dark magic as if their owner was nether dead nor alive , a sound that to her was eerily familiar and not in good way... )her , as she heard the( in her mind the sound of a undead pony-like monster closing in for the kill )hoof-steps getting closer to her she stopped and got ready to defend herself , " ugh! i don't have time for this SHIT! " rose leaf said to herself as she spat the words out before reaching into her saddlebags and pulled out a knife that was a little longer then the one she poked at the Poison joke with it was about 1/3 of how long her body( standing on all fores like she currently is ) was , which on her scale made it look like a sword( which to her eyes it was ) then held the handle of it in her mouth and got ready to use it as such as she saw a undead pony-like monster closing in on her , ~Zecora's P.O.V~ as I approached the the STRANGE filly I heard her hoof-steps stop , " ugh! i don't have time for this SHIT! " I heard the filly say as I got close enough to her that she could probably see me , as I approached her I saw that she was now holding a knife that was a little longer then the one she had used to poke at the Poison joke with( long enough that on her scale it looked like she was holding a sword ) in her mouth " whoa! take it easy little pony I just wanna help you! " I said as I jumped back when she swung the knife at my fore-legs , then she stopped and took the knife out of her mouth and held it in one of fore-hooves as she rose-up on her hind-legs , stood there and looked at me with a menacing look . " help?! HELP?! a zebra help a pony? that's a laugh! you wanna know what's funner? you got what you deserved : cursed to roam the poisoned hell you helped create as a monster that is nether dead nor alive till some-pony destroys you! " she replied coldly as she got ready to attack me in this sort-of " battle stance " that she was in "whoa! what are you talking about!? not all zebra's are evil! cursed to roam the poisoned hell I helped create as a monster that is nether dead nor alive?! I ain't gonna lie some zebra's are bad but not THAT bad! , think about it you wanna get out of this deadly forest right? " I replied trying to reason with this CRAZY filly as I jumped back when she swung the knife at me again " you know what I...never-mind it's nothing a monster like you would understand...( looks up at the sky then back down at me ) oh celestia... I know i'm gonna regret this... very well.. lead me to those ruins on the horizon there( points to a clump of buildings( which I recognized as ponyville ) barely visible on the horizon ) and I'll spare your unnatural life.. for now... " she replied as she put the knife back in her saddlebags then dropped back down on all-fores and looked to see if I was going to take her offer ~ well... if it keeps me form getting stabbed to death by a deranged filly... ~ I thought to myself for a little while with the look on said filly's face telling me I'd better answer her quickly , " very well.. " I answered as I took her up that offer . a few minutes later....~ no one's P.O.V ~ "this is far enough.. go.. before I change my mind..( pulls out the knife that she attacked Zecora with and points it at them )" rose leaf said as she and Zecora came out on the path going into ponyville. "( holds up her fore-hooves in a "plzz don't hurt me! "gesture as she backs away form rose leaf ) ok! I'm going!" Zecora said as she backed away from rose leaf before going back the way they came from. ~rose leaf's P.O.V~ as I was putting my sword away I watched as the undead zebra fled back down the path till they were gone then resumed walking up to the ruins that lay ahead of me. meanwhile at fluttershy's house....~ no one's P.O.V ~ fluttershy had just finished tending to her woodland friends as they got ready for the approaching night and was relaxing on her couch, as she started to drift off into a peaceful sleep she heard a frantic Knock on her door and went to answer it.~ fluttershy's P.O.V ~ as I was starting to dose off I heard a frantic Knock on my door ~ugh! I hope this is quick...~ I thought myself as I went over to the door and answered it, as I opened the door I was a bit shocked to see Zecora standing there slightly out-of breath with a slightly frightened look on her face "oh um hello Zecora what's the rush?" I reply as I see a look of relief appear on her face as she sees me.~ no one's P.O.V ~" thank the stars! fluttershy this it not the time to shy off to the land of those who flutter in their bed " Zecora responds in a slightly frightened voice upon hearing fluttershy's gentle yet slightly shocked voice. "Oh dear! what's wrong?" fluttershy said shrieking a little at Zecora's frantic yet relieved reply. "I've presume you've handled ponys such as applebloom?" Zecora asked as she regained her composure. "yea?" fluttershy answered wondering what Zecora was getting at. "well...."*Audio drops out and screen fades to black then fades back in as Zecora's detailed explanation of her encounter with rose leaf is Skipped to fluttershy's reply to it* "*looks around in the area around Zecora* oh..my! where is she?" fluttershy asked as she looked in the area around Zecora in hopes of seeing the mysterious filly that the zebra was talking about. "well...um.. I kind-of left her to sort-of roam around ponyville... she kind-of literally had a knife at my throat... she made a deal that she would not hurt me if I lead her out the everfree forest and into some ruins that she apparently saw and that just so happened to be ponyville so um yea.." Zecora stuttered a bit as she held her head down in a mix of shame and slight guilt. "wait a minute.. do you mean like she was playing around and thought she found a lost city or something?" fluttershy asked for she had seen applebloom and her friends playing around as such and wondered if this mysterious filly was doing like-wise and ended up lost in the everfree forest after exiting a nearby town/city. "I wish... but alas that little pony's actions were not phony" Zecora said as she held her head down again. "Yikes! you mean to say she actuality believes she saw ponyville as old ruins?" fluttershy asked trying to gauge if Zecora was being serious or not. "I see you doubt me but I don’t joke about serious matters of pony folk... but the answer to your question is yes" Zecora said as if asking for fluttershy believe her. " so you want me help you find and try to help her?" fluttershy asked trying to get to the point of the conversation. "to her eyes I'm a undead monster and therefore she dose not trust me at all, you may have essayer time gaining her trust then me so I'm asking you do that in my place, if that is ok with you" Zecora said as she then wanted for fluttershy's response. ~ fluttershy's P.O.V ~ "to her eyes I'm a undead monster and therefore she dose not trust me at all, you may have essayer time gaining her trust then me so I'm asking you do that in my place, if that is ok with you" Zecora said as she then wanted for my response ~well.. I have already fed all my woodland friends and I have nothing better to do so..~ "yes" I reply shortly after that though "thank you and may you have the blessing of the stars" Zecora tells me before walking off back to her home in the everfree forest, "don't stay up for me Angel get some rest I'll back in a little while" I tell my Bunny friend before stepping out my door and heading on my way to ponyville. meanwhile in ponyville.... ~rose leaf's P.O.V ~ after that undead zebra finally left me I set-out on finding a place that I could take shelter(and maybe get some rest)in before it got dark outside. as I walked along the path it turned into a OLD and slowly crumbling stone bridge full of the remains of LONG dead ponys and upturned carts mixed with some "fresher" looking rotting corpses of dead ponys wearing crude amour/clothing made out of poorly stitched together(and in some cases horribly stained with LONG dried blood and Celestia knows what else) rags of dark and/or black colours. that was overlooking a faintly glowing green river (that did NOT look like I'd want to take a swim in it) splashing at it's foundation. as I walked over said bridge (avoiding tripping over the dead bodies and debris as I did so) . I found myself walking up to a tall round building with large windows that were too grimy for me to see anything inside of the building , on the first floor of said building. as I walked up to the building I saw a sign above the front door: "carousel boutique: were each garment is chic.Unique and magnifique." I read aloud as I looked up at the grimy sign then looked back down at the door before walking up to it and trying to turn the door handle with my mouth only to find it was locked , and seeing as I had nothing to try and pick the lock with and didn’t have time to look for the key before it got dark , I did the next best thing: I backed up a step or two , turned around and bucked the door as hard I could and was reworded for my effort as the door swung open. when I stepped inside I was greeted by a mess of OLD ,rotted fabrics and what I could only assume where the tools and machines to make them into the "garments" mentioned on the sign above the door. ~ no one's P.O.V ~ "*yawning* well..it looks..safe enough..for now.." rose leaf said to herself before walking around and gathering up some of the larger scraps of fabric that where laying around into a sort-of "nest" in a far corner of the room before curling up on it and falling asleep. a few hours later...~ no one's P.O.V ~ "ahhhhhh*panting* oh.. ugh Luna! you bitch THAT WAS NOT FUNNY!" Rarity said to herself after she awoke form a nightmare of her running for her life from a HUGE wolf-like monster made out of horribly coloured fabrics and terrifyingly "tacky" dress designs while at the same time being attacked by large tentacles of extremely dirty and near-impossibly matted hair.(Rarity cloud have sworn she saw Luna laying on their back laughing their ass off in the background). before getting out of bed and going down the stairs to start her day, *CLIP-CLOP CLIP-CLOP CLIP-CLOP CLIP-CLOP* "are you aright sis? I heard you screaming bad words at Luna! did you have a nightmare?" Sweetie Belle asked as she ran up the stairs towards Rarity before stopping in fort of her then backing out of the way as Rarity walked down the stairs towards her. "ugh yea.. I did have a nightmare..and apparently Luna thought it was funny as hell. as I looked back I thought I saw her laying on her back laughing flank off in the background before tripping on the tentacles of dirty hair and getting eaten by the fabric monster that was chasing me" Rarity replied. "yikes! anyway being chased/attacked by monsters/tentacles made of hair or fabrics sounds kind-of funny to me and it is SO like you to have THAT kind-of stuff in your nightmares *vaguely suppressed giggling* "Sweetie Belle giggled in response as she kept backing out of the way of Rarity walking down the stairs towards her. "ugh... that was not funny at least I didn’t think so.. anyway Sweetie can you please help me clean-up the big mess I made wile working last night?"Rarity replied/asked as the pair kept walking down the stairs. "ok sure" Sweetie Belle answered as they reached the end of the stairs.~ no one's P.O.V ~ as Sweetie Belle and Rarity walked down the stairs to the "main" part of carousel boutique they saw that it was a big mess as Rarity was Expecting,with scarps of fabric,thread and some needles and such strewn about everywhere, what they did NOT Expect was that the door looked like it had been kicked open( form the outside ) with a muddy trail of small hoof-prints about the size of Sweetie Belle's leading into the room, Rarity knowing that Sweetie Belle "learned her lesson" on that just looked at it and sighed "well Sweetie I a'int blaming you..BUT you ARE gonna help me clean it up.." Rarity said as she looked at Sweetie Belle with a "strict yet sweet mother" face. "yes.. I offered to help clean up anyway.." Sweetie Belle sighed her ears drooping down a bit. "but let's clean-up the fabric and stuff so we don't trip over it first ok?" Rarity offered, "sure!" Sweetie Belle said as she perked-up a little that. ~ no one's P.O.V ~ Rarity nods before she and Sweetie Belle set about cleaning-up.