Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Spring Garden Event Update 2020!
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 8th 2020 at 12:07 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)

The NINTH annual Grow-A-Thon has returned to the Commons! Whack the bushes and gather their bounty so that you can plant flowers and trees in the Event area to make yourself a gorgeous garden.

The event will run until Friday May 22nd at Noon PDT!

Read about it on the blog!

And view the change log for this update here.
114 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 11th 2020 at 1:55 PM
Elizabeth Brown
Is the contest not open yet? I tried to take a photo and it didn't seem to work. Also, says not enough entries have been submitted for judging.
Anyone else?
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 11th 2020 at 4:38 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hi Elizabeth,

There was an issue with the screenshot contest, due to the new server we got a month or two ago. It's fixed now, so you can submit your screenshots!

Sincerely,
Nick
478 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 14th 2020 at 7:07 AM
Horsedancer1
OOPS I hadn't had my first cup of coffee and clicked on the photo contest by mistake. So it is terrible. Any way to delete one? Also, I can't figure out how to put things back into inventory. The only thing I saw when clicking on one of the boxes was to be able to move or cancel. Thanks!
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 14th 2020 at 9:23 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hi Horsedancer1,

Whoops! Currently there is no way to delete a submission. However, you can resubmit once you've got your garden how you like it, and it will replace your old submission and any rankings your previous one got won't count towards the new one.

Sincerely,
Nick
478 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 14th 2020 at 9:44 AM
Last Edited May 14th 2020 at 10:06 AM
Horsedancer1
Thanks Nick! What about getting things into the inventory from the garden area? When I bought the planters they plunked right into the garden and I would like them out of my way.
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 14th 2020 at 11:42 AM
Erika/Alyniana
When you're in build mode for setting up the garden, you can click on the put away icon (arrow into box icon) in the bottom right of the screen and then click on the things you want to put in your inventory.

And if you don't want the planters to be auto-added as you purchase them, you can always buy them from the NPC outside the garden, next to the pile of fertilizer bags, and they go into your inventory instead of directly into your garden.
478 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 14th 2020 at 1:02 PM
Horsedancer1
Thanks so much Erika! I kept looking on the left side of the screen, and the symbols on the right are kind of dark on my computer!
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 14th 2020 at 10:45 PM
Last Edited May 14th 2020 at 10:46 PM
Russel Denton
howdy fellow bushwhackians

i was talking with some players today 15/5/2020, about the current SPRING EVENT, and some idea's came up so i thought i would share them here.....

- for each submission a title/caption must be given, so folks know what it is supposed to be, instead of leaving them scratching their heads

- don't allow the pets/mounts to wonder onto our garden/scenes, make it a no go area, should be simple.....i think

- new colour of flowers for next year.. like the following....cyan,fluro blue,yellow and pink, and what about some colourful hedges too

- now this idea has been raised before but no action or response has come from the devs as of such...i think, but it goes like this for the halloween event we just whack up pumpkins and buy the decors, why not make it that way too for the flowers and avoid the growing process which is tedious and annoying

happy to hear folks thoughts

from Russel Denton a.k.a Ghostrider007
114 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 15th 2020 at 3:54 PM
Elizabeth Brown
I like the ideas of hedges! will give different heights for garden. I think we have enough flower colours, though

I really would like if one could see if their entry was in the top ranked, not just see top others

growing flowers makes this much more challenging than just buying them. Players must choose what they grow; adds an element of planning

I really like the idea of giving your garden submission a title, but one where the player name is not reflected
23 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 16th 2020 at 7:27 AM
Peggy
Anyone else having problems planting in the garden? It lets me plant some flowers then it stops and won't let me plant anymore of that flower. I can plant a different one but not the original one. It has even planted one outside the fence. Nick has fixed it once and that flower is ok to plant but now there are two new ones that won't plant. I now don't have a chance for the contest because I am way behind and waiting a response on another ticket for them to fix it. So frustrating .
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2020 at 4:37 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hello folks!

Looks like I accidentally made this year's Spring Garden event 100% requirement too difficult! It should have been 1600 Spring Points, like last year.

But do not fear! If you got more than 1600 Spring Points, but didn't get the Spring Pet Piece, you'll be given it automatically next time you visit the Commons.

Very sorry for the inconvenience.

That aside, stay tune for this year's winners of the garden contest early next week :D

Sincerely,
Nick
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th 2020 at 9:37 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Congrats to the contest winners for all platforms! Special shout out to the CNE platform winners! Appreciate your creativity and hard work :)
478 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th 2020 at 9:44 AM
Horsedancer1
Yes, Congratulations to all! I believe we are all winners finding a positive uplifting game and especially creating gardens that we don't have to weed!
89 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 7th 2020 at 4:22 PM
Last Edited June 7th 2020 at 4:29 PM
Barb Tompkins
Grats to all winners......( ͡❛ ͜ʖ ͡❛)👌 I honestly have to say though,, CNE/KW are true to the title...( ͡❛ ͜ʖ ͡❛)👌