Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Option to mute music/sound effects when game is not the focus

4 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 1st 2020 at 10:10 AM
MDP423
When I am running Crusaders of the Lost Idols, I tend to leave the program running in the background.
I enjoy having the music and sound effects enabled while I am actively playing the game, but when I am trying to read emails or trying to watch a movie/video, the background music and sound effects are distracting.

I understand that I can disable the game's music and sound effects, but as I stated, I enjoy having them on while playing actively.

MDP423

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 1st 2020 at 6:42 PM
Animenut
There is no way the game would know how to differentiate between foreground and background. That type of distinction would be noticed by the client running the game. If you're playing the game in a browser window, try looking up if that browser has such settings.

4 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 1st 2020 at 8:36 PM
MDP423
I am running the game from the stand alone client from Steam.

There are many different programs that can differentiate background and foreground function. As an example, another game from CodeName "Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms" handles the foreground/background issue with no problem.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 2nd 2020 at 12:11 PM
Animenut
Steam should already have a system in place that allows for that functionality. Simply setting up Steam to do so would be better than asking CNE to go through the effort to make a whole new code for a game that has long since not had it. Not trying to sound rude or dismissive. Just saying that asking for the more complicated, difficult fix seems insensitive.

4 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 2nd 2020 at 2:58 PM
MDP423
Interesting suggestion. Let me check.

I just checked the Steam Overlay, they do have a music tab in the settings, but that is for playing your own music while in a game. They have a pause music option, but that only works on personal music.

One of the reasons I posted it here was as a suggestion for a feature that I would like to see. If it goes in the game or not is up to the developers. It is not a bug in the game or a game feature that they must be added or else I would leave the game forever. Just a simple suggestion.

And no, I did not read your messages as being rude or dismissive. Your first post made me realize I had not mentioned I was on the Steam version of the game. And your second message was a good suggestion of a place to check for the functionality I was looking for. I hope you did not think my response was standoffish. I was trying to quickly respond while I was in the middle of a project.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 2nd 2020 at 10:12 PM
Animenut
https://steamcommunity.com/app/388080/discussions/0/1368380934247712783/

Does this thread help at all?

4 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 2nd 2020 at 11:50 PM
MDP423
Hmmm.. Depends. I do not like having pay for a 3rd party app that is designed to provide functionality that Crusaders of the Lost Idols innately provides, just so I can run the game full screen and allow the Borderless Gaming app to change it to a window that it "might" mute the music and sound effects.

The reason I say might, is that from the explanations I have read, I may have to put in a request to the developers of that app to add the functionality for it to run Crusaders of the Lost Idols. I have seen discussions in the forums about compatibility issues, and they seem to only guarantee it to work on only certain games.

But another good suggestion for a workaround. The program is $3.99, not a really large hit to the wallet. I will keep it in mind after I hear what the developers at Codename have to say about the feature request. Or not hear... I know they are busy, so not really expecting a direct response. :)

Thanks for checking out some other options for me. I do appreciate the effort!