Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Arithmagician

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 16th 2019 at 1:13 PM
Animenut
The other thread got mired in a bunch of...stuff...so I just wanted to make this in the right place to further verify that, yes, Arithmagician should have it's cost scaling reduced. Naturally, don't make it "easy", but as-is, it seems TOO hard instead of being REASONABLY hard. Mine is currently at level 4 and costs 150B, which is currently more than half of my TOTAL idols, and that cost will likely only get more and more monstrous with each level. To further validate this point, even with a 75% freeplay buff, a 50% chest package idol buff, and a 25% challenge shop idol buff, reaching the area cap with a level 4 talent only nets me an average of 2-2.5B per run. And the next level costs 150B.

Again, I don't want it to be easy, but currently each talent level bought doesn't give a reward that justifies the absurd costs. I haven't done the math for it, but my offhand suggestion is to cut the scaling (each level = previous level times X) in half so the price doesn't skyrocket so much quicker than the extra e25 pays off.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 17th 2019 at 6:16 AM
Teschio
Mine is at lvl 3, and upgrading it to lvl 4 will cost almost as many idols as I currently have. All for a benefit that's far from spectacular. Yes, the scaling factor needs to be reduced by A LOT. The current factor of x3.5 is just insane.

301 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 17th 2019 at 6:47 AM
Vingummi
At level 6 and on my way to level 7 and and the last level will take a long time. There are room for more talents in the tree so I wouldn't change anything before that at least.

3 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 17th 2019 at 9:44 AM
Last Edited September 17th 2019 at 9:45 AM
Havarie
I'm at level 5 on my way to 6 and I agree with vingummi. I wouldn't change anything, even though I expect new sicde talents too.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 17th 2019 at 10:40 AM
Animenut
We JUST got new talents not long ago. I'd rather smooth out and balance the talents we currently have before adding even more. Adding more just takes idols away from the talents we already have, making Arithmagician even MORE difficult to work on.

301 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 18th 2019 at 1:44 AM
Vingummi
If they are planning to add a Tier5 event they need at least 1 new talent(Unlock tier5) :)

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 18th 2019 at 10:31 AM
Animenut
That would be fine because those talents are cheap. The idol-sinks are the levelable talents.

218 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 20th 2019 at 11:52 AM
Last Edited September 20th 2019 at 11:53 AM
FingerDemon
I think this would be a great opportunity for CNE to sell 'key' cards with certain chest bundles for real money, that would reduce the these upgrade costs. So people that get this far by cheating, can either pony up a few bucks, or go cry themselves to sleep (thinking of cheater Pos Wrong's hilariously whiny topic)

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 21st 2019 at 11:44 AM
Animenut
"Pos Wrong", ha. I like that idea. Sell an item that allows a player to reduce the cost of a talent's current and later levels by....say, 10% per key used on that talent. Small enough to not be broken and need several of them to make a significant difference, but high enough that it still DOES make a difference with each use, given that it's for real money.