Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Flashback: "Slippery Security?"
30 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 9th 2019 at 3:33 PM
kurtrahn
I took a year and a half or so break from the game and recently started catching up. I'm level 440 and almost done with the last of the regular content, but I noticed my Spine of the World completion was only 62% adn there was a quest in my quest window that mentioned going to see Magellan. So I went there yesterday and got sent to meet someone in the Rocksmasher Secret Chamber and accepted a quest called "Slippery Security." It's basically an ice puzzle with ice blocks placed strategically, as we've seen before (seen here: https://i.imgur.com/7Yy4RnN.jpg). I don't see any of this content listed in the Wiki anywhere, and I'm stumped on the puzzle. Did this content get released after the wiki was completed? Anyone know how to get past the first ice field?
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 9th 2019 at 3:53 PM
Last Edited July 9th 2019 at 4:02 PM
Barbara Tompkins
Kurtrahn

Go here and see/read all info I believe you will find your answer here..
https://bushwhacker2.fandom.com/wiki/The_Spine_of_the_World
30 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 10th 2019 at 11:21 AM
kurtrahn
Unfortunately, I've completed everything listed in that section. Also I don't see any quests called "Slippery Security" in any of the subsections, or when I search the wiki or Google. It's like this whole part of the quest hub was added after I completed it a couple years ago. The quest was started by Magellan in the tent, and sent me to the City of the Rocksmashers, where you access the Rocksmasher Secret Chamber through a secret door. You're given the quest by a Rocksmasher ghost called Draugr. I imagine the quest line involves a series of ice fields, but I can't get past the first one and it's driving my nuts! I'd be happy to send screenshots of anything that might help!
30 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 10th 2019 at 5:03 PM
kurtrahn
Well, I ended up just using Bush Bucks to pass the ice field. Next came a quest, again given by Draugr, to whack Enforcers to gather 30 screwdrivers. Did that. The quest I'm on now is to insert a stone wafer into some machine and try and figure out what the hell it does. I guess? No other instructions, and no mention of any of this in the wiki. I'm about to give up on this game for the last time. Which sucks, because I've really enjoyed it.

One more clue, in case anyone is reading, is that everything has been translated using a book that Magellan gave me. Forgot to mention that.

At this point I feel like I've been transported into the movie "Yesterday" and I'm the only one who knows who the Beatles are. Nobody has any clue what I'm talking about?
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 10th 2019 at 7:15 PM
Raymond
we all did all that, well many of us have. we just do not remember as it was so long ago. but it is a shame that nobody even commented on blogs at the bottom of the rockcity page of the wiki. with nobody actively contributing to the actual wiki, all users can post descriptions, spoilers, pictures, as detailed as they can provide, for the benefit of future players.
perhaps you will do so. but be sure to have as much information as you can.
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2019 at 2:52 AM
phagras
From memory go to the top of the last room you were in and the wall is some sort of machine. Might be pillars. Unfortunately the whole area is closed off once you've completed the last bit so I can't look to see.

The bit where the wafer goes will highlight blue when you mouse over it as normal.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2019 at 2:40 PM
Flybaby
kurtrahn,

You can also get tips from the following link to a thread in this forum about the quests.

https://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=13882&page=1

If all else fails, you can always submit a ticket, and maybe Nick can help you over the hump. Try not to give up. Sometimes it's hard to get back into the game after taking a break, but it will get easier. Good luck!
30 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2019 at 3:08 PM
kurtrahn
Awesome!! Thanks for all the help, guys!!