Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Friend whacking...
170 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 17th 2019 at 7:16 AM
Elsastar96
Hi all, I just tried to invite friends to help me whack bushes, but, on clicking the call friends button it doesn't allow me to ask for help. It used to bring up a list of friends, those that had helped and those that didn't and also showed a timer for each. Now it tells me that I have used up all of my friend whacks and there is no list. Anyone else have the same? Thanks in advance for any replies.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 17th 2019 at 11:50 AM
Flybaby
Elsastar96 .... There is a thread on this forum dedicated to this topic, if you want to refer to it. Nick has made some changes and updates since then

Here is an excerpt from the thread https://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=24311&page=2

I am very pleased to share Nick's response regarding my specific questions about Friend Whacking on CNE. Hopefully this will put our confusion about it to rest:

Q: Why do we have a WEEKLY limit?

A: This is to limit the amount of bonus progress you get each week from friend whacks. It is a balancing point just like how much energy you get per day and how long crops take to harvest.

Q: Why can't CNE have ALL 250 friends help every 5 days, like on Facebook?

A: Facebook is a different platform and has a different balance. We have no plans to remove the limit on CNE Games.

Q: Is Monday the day that the Friends help re-sets [after reaching our limit of 100]?

A: Yes

Q: Why can’t each friend roll over every 5 days?

A: They do, but you are only allowed 100 friend whacks per week. If you have less then 100 friends, you can use them multiple times per week, on the 5-day cooldown.

Q: Why does it say less time on our friend’s avatars than it does on the weekly limit pop up screen? It seems contradictory.

A: This is likely a case of the in-game display not having enough data about the weekly limit. We can look into fixing this.

Q: Can we "invite" more friends to help even after we see the "you have reached your weekly limit" pop up??? The “Invite Friends” in the Call on Friends area is confusing. Once you have reached your weekly limit of 100, inviting new friends won’t help.

A: The invite link is just a simple invite link and is not directly related to friend whacking. We can look into changing how that prompt to invite friends works once you've reached your 100 limit.

Sincerely,
Nick
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 17th 2019 at 12:00 PM
Flybaby
Here is an excerpt about the Fixes from the Blog

https://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=24311&page=2

- Fixed being able to bug people to play who have played recently, which should remove the “help stem the tide…” requests people are seeing when they play regularly

- Now show a popup saying "You already have the max number of friends, and cannot add any more!" when you open the request dialog via clicking to invite friends, if you have the max number of friends. This should reduce some invite spam players are seeing.
170 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 17th 2019 at 12:57 PM
Elsastar96
Thanks so much for your reply Flybaby. So I am understanding this correctly...Every Monday our limit of 100 friend whacks (if you have maximum friends) will automatically reset without sending requests for buddies? I looked at the blog and this fix was from 18/04/19, but I'm sure I have still sent out requests for friend whacks since then. Only noticed the list was missing today.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 17th 2019 at 5:29 PM
Last Edited May 17th 2019 at 5:29 PM
Flybaby
Yep, Nick confirmed that it was once a week, on Monday. The invite a friend was merely there to invite new friends, so it was a little confusing.
170 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 18th 2019 at 4:48 AM
Elsastar96
Thanks again Flybaby...Guess I have been playing with my eyes shut for a while!
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 18th 2019 at 10:03 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Thank you for sharing this info. I noticed recently when I accidentally clicked on invite friends I got the new message about already having the max number of friends. I also have stopped getting the stem the tide requests.
A lot of good info shared. Thanks again!