Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
The bullet has been bitten....I moved
236 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 19th 2019 at 4:54 AM
Last Edited March 19th 2019 at 5:21 AM
Anubischick
Well, it's done. I'm now an ex-BFG'er in relation to CNE. I've joined the exodus and am now on the new CNE site.

So, if anyone who has interacted with me and knows my 'friend' philosophy wants to take a chance on this most-days player, my friend code is

https://games.codenameentertainment.com/?u=2520h79c662

Wish me luck as I stride into combat in this new arena.

Edit:BTW, I already seriously dislike the screen space the friends bar takes up, has anyone raised the suggestion for a toggle on/off for this intrusive thing?

Cheers
AC
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 19th 2019 at 1:35 PM
Flybaby
Happy to see you on board. I've accepted your request. I transferred a couple weeks ago and the transfer went smoothly. Game play is almost the same except for the friend requests. See you in Bushwhackia ... Good luck in your new "home".
180 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 19th 2019 at 2:14 PM
Duckie
Welcome to our new home.. accepted your request.. and yeah.. it's been brought up a lot the first couple of weeks.. it's time to bring it up again because it is irritating.
236 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 19th 2019 at 4:37 PM
Anubischick
Thanks guys and thanks for being my first CNE friends (I'm up to 10 now, though 3 'in-game') I'm getting the hang of it slowly.

Does the suggestion forum actually get read by the devs or is there a better way to ask again about the toggle for the friend bar?
17 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 19th 2019 at 6:00 PM
Wisteria04
Hi All! I just made the move over from BigFish today as well. I've sent out a few friend requests, but would love to get some requests from some mutual daily players.

https://games.codenameentertainment.com/?u=1252h7884a9

Thanks a lot!
236 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 19th 2019 at 6:30 PM
Anubischick
Hey Wisteria, I added you.
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 19th 2019 at 6:59 PM
Last Edited March 19th 2019 at 7:00 PM
Raymond
i will say this, and perhaps be correct in some cases, but for some of you to wait till the very last day to do this switchover is pushing your luck.
if you read the Devs instructions and comments, you know that the servers at bfg might or will be closed down on the 20'th. and to do the switchover you have to create your cne account and send off a request to the devs to personally take action and cause the switchover to happen to your account.
they can not do that when the servers no longer exist (bfg is in control not cne), and just imagine a few thousand of you all waiting till the last minute to do this, i say you are not at all thinking well of the Devs by giving them tone of last minute work that may or may not work.
i an sure some account statuses will be lost. and could have been avoided because you all had on the order of 6+ weeks to do this.
236 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 19th 2019 at 8:53 PM
Last Edited March 19th 2019 at 8:56 PM
Anubischick
Surely, not Raymond, that is the choice of each individual player?

I'm honestly curious, what exactly was the point of your comment in a thread about garnering new friends?

If the devs were concerned about a sudden influx at the cut-off date then perhaps implementing some of the suggestions made in the announcement thread (allowing 'bot' friends, reducing the screen space taken up by the friends bar, keep the automatic 5 packs a day, making it a one step friend process etc.) would have encouraged more players to transition earlier because it would have been less jarring for us.

They didn't, and they didn't even, from what I have seen, acknowledge the requests made. Happy to be directed to a post where they have.

I personally think you are underestimating their planning capability, they would have anticipated, quite rightly, that most players would wait until the last possible moment to enable them to play in the way they like for as long as possible.

Also to correct you slightly, you didn't need to contact anyone for the transition. Once your account is set up you press a button and it's done. No dev interaction required at that stage.

Cheers
AC
180 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 20th 2019 at 1:01 AM
Duckie
Wisteria.. sent you a friend request before I went to bed last night.. welcome to our new home :)

**HUGS** Anubis.. the important thing is that all of us you're playing on CNE with welcome all of you newest transitioning friends with open arms.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 20th 2019 at 4:44 AM
Flybaby
Wisteria ... Welcome aboard! I accepted your request and hope your transition is a smooth one.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 20th 2019 at 4:50 AM
Flybaby
Anubischick ... Just a suggestion: In your account profile, be sure to check the box marked "Allow links to my profile in my friends' profiles" so that players can add you more easily from other players lists. As of now, you have no link showing. 😍
236 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 20th 2019 at 6:17 AM
Anubischick
Hey Flybaby, thanks for the suggestion. I tend to err towards privacy first. I'll flip that switch.

Duckie, you're a prince.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 20th 2019 at 8:36 AM
ArmyMomOkc
I added you to my profiles. I started a 2nd one to keep playing on the old platform . I will add you to my main profile, will send you a buddy request (in game friend) for my main profile because I need to make room. I'm at the 250 max of in game friends for my main profile (wish they would give us more, always more!! LOL)

I have learned building the profile for my newer one as you add friends you will get to the max of 25 free blue packs a day. Add these to the friend whacks and I think we are getting more energy wise.

I (& many others)have asked to be able to hide or collapse the friend bar. It is annoying and gets in the way. The devs do pay attention to posts in the Features/Suggestions section of this forum. I have shared it in the weekly dev chat. As said they are very aware of our desire for this change.

Anyway, welcome to the new side!
17 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 20th 2019 at 4:51 PM
Wisteria04
Thank you all for the warm welcome! My transition went without a hitch. I actually set up my CNE profile back in January and yesterday when I hit the "transfer link" my game showed up very quickly! Thanks devs for making that so easy.