Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Whacking bushes for friends
170 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 5th 2019 at 7:06 AM
Elsastar96
Hi all, I'm still getting used to this new style of playing, enjoying it too. I have noticed that friends can help you with whacking bushes...love this feature, but, how do you help a friend with whacking? Just can't figure this one out!
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 5th 2019 at 9:33 AM
ArmyMomOkc
We get randomly picked to whack for a friend when they use this feature to whack. The only one we get to chose to do is go their farm and click on their crops to help them grow. Be careful not to click on their trees.
170 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 5th 2019 at 9:43 AM
Elsastar96
Thanks for your reply, and I'm so sorry for clicking one of your trees...it was a slip of the finger. I would never intentionally click those as I know some players like them for decoration purposes, hope you can forgive me.
183 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 5th 2019 at 9:50 AM
blackmangopit
ArmyMomOkc, what happens if we click on their trees?
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 5th 2019 at 9:59 AM
Raymond
the trees of cleared plots only exist as long as people, and you, do not 'help' to physically clear them from existence.
i find them useless, you can not put them anyplace, there are where they are...
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 5th 2019 at 12:45 PM
Flybaby
I just did a test on a friend's site, with permission. It was set up so the trees already had 2/3 whacks and needed only one more to make it go away. When I whacked the trees, they appeared to go away, but when I went back, the trees were still there. My friend check later, and the trees were still there. So apparently, we don't have to worry about whacking trees down on friends ranches.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 5th 2019 at 12:48 PM
Flybaby
Another question is when we help someone on their ranch, we get a little gold and energy, but what help is this to our friend? It doesn't harvest the crop or appear to shorten the grow time.
170 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 5th 2019 at 1:37 PM
Elsastar96
I got this off the FAQ on the codename site Friend Helps (Ranch) - Your friends can visit your ranch and click on your crops to make them better. Each crop can receive up to 10 helps, and each help increases the yield by 10%. Your friends can also help remove debris from your ranch and they can revive crops that have wilted. For each help they do, they'll get a small reward as well.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 5th 2019 at 1:56 PM
Flybaby
Thanks Elsastar. That explains it!
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 6th 2019 at 6:35 PM
Last Edited March 6th 2019 at 6:36 PM
Barbara Tompkins
FYI
I do not get rid of weeds.on f's ranches,, UNLESS I ask, Some ppl will not like it so..I ask first.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 6th 2019 at 7:44 PM
Last Edited March 6th 2019 at 7:44 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Yes be careful not to click on friends' trees unless they tell you okay. I wish we were given more helps for friends crops. I think we only get to help 5 of them.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 6th 2019 at 7:54 PM
Flybaby
The trees don't go away permanently. It's just a virtual thing. (see my post above)
Post by ArmyMomOkc deleted March 6th 2019 at 9:34 PM
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 6th 2019 at 9:33 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Fly
Okay I re-read your comment. Since you tested it must be okay, Thank you!
I have been afraid to upset someone by removing their trees :)
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 6th 2019 at 9:36 PM
ArmyMomOkc
I'm going to bring it up on the dev chat on Friday. People were very concerned & Nick didn't confirm it didn't actually remove trees/weeds.
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 7th 2019 at 11:42 AM
Last Edited March 7th 2019 at 11:44 AM
Barbara Tompkins
MY Experience:

When one expands more space to their ranch..Then the weeds etc are taken away by the ower or f's if they are allowed too..I DID mine myself..Moreover,, if they are still not gone..after 2 whacks ,, then one more whack is needed to rid of the weed ....Hence I had to rid of last weed the next day sometimes..
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 7th 2019 at 12:39 PM
Last Edited March 7th 2019 at 12:39 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Barbara
Are you saying friend's can actually remove weeds/trees?
I wonder if that is just FB & not the CNE platform. Hmmm
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 7th 2019 at 2:11 PM
Last Edited March 7th 2019 at 2:37 PM
Barbara Tompkins
Armymom

Yeah,,.my friend is new to BW2 and she is buying more ranch area in order to buy more crop plots..And when you buy the new area there are weeds to clear..so I use 5 helps to rid of the weeds..if you get permission from them. .So once the weeds are gone with her helps and mine, I go back to 5 crops help for her...the next time..When I do help I may get some gold or energy by doing so..
I say you should be able to do it on your platform as well..