Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Friend gifts issue
3 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 17th 2019 at 2:31 PM
Last Edited February 17th 2019 at 2:31 PM
echaos
if my friend sends me a gift, I no longer see what's in it when I open it... I am assuming that I'm actually getting something (sometimes I see an increase in mana...) is this a glitch or a change since we moved servers? I really miss seeing what I got!
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 17th 2019 at 8:12 PM
Flybaby
If the gift only contains gold, mana, power, you may not see a pop up. Also, the gold, mana, power gets credited as soon as you accept the gift, (before you even click on the gift to open it). If the gift contains other than gold, mana, power, then you will see the gift after you click on the gift to open it.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 18th 2019 at 2:01 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Sometimes the something special in gifts during events are tokens (hearts for this one) instead of an item like energy pack or drink. I have had several like that this week. Do you see gold & but no special item or candy hearts? Or are you seeing nothing at all?

Flybaby is right that you get credit for what is in them before you open them. I have noticed it mostly when it gives BB.
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 18th 2019 at 2:54 PM
Raymond
the pre-credit is exactly analogous to the trophy house item turnins, but there if you look you can see gold removed and readded.
similar to fishing when you are at or over max energy, energy subtracted then added in. here simply for total energy fished up stat to actually increment even if you technically do not get any energy.
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 18th 2019 at 2:59 PM
Barbara Tompkins
All the gifts I get ,, I get to see all the items in that gift in a pop up screen.Moreover,,after I click on it.THEN all gets added to whatever.(.IE mana etc)..not before.
Never ever had one that didnt show nada...in gift.

just saying....So ,, maybe ask Nick in a ticket..and see what he says...
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 20th 2019 at 1:40 PM
ArmyMomOkc
I watched today as I opened gifts and had 1 that was gold only. 2 had gold and 1 event heart token. (levels of mana/power/etc. did not change)

I did this after a friend told me he only saw getting gold when he opened a gift and had not gotten one with only gold in it before.

I sent a ticket to Nick to find out if we do get event tokens as the "something special" & how many we actually get. We might see one but actually be getting more.

Will share what he tells me.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 21st 2019 at 3:28 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Here is Nick's response to my ticket about this ...

If the special item is a Candy Heart (one of two colours), you should get 25 of them. I don't think these have a notification when you pick them up, but the text when you mouse over them should say how many there are. More easily, can you note down how many you have before you open these gifts, and if you find you got Candy Hearts but less than 25 of them, let us know?

Sorry for the inconvenience and confusion.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 21st 2019 at 3:30 PM
ArmyMomOkc
He also said if you are already at max for mana/power/energy you won't get these in the gift.

(to clarify he is referencing energy, not energy packs in this statement)
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 21st 2019 at 3:45 PM
Last Edited February 21st 2019 at 3:55 PM
ArmyMomOkc
I tried the hovering Nick suggested & it didn't work. 🤔
The 1 gift I opened that showed a heart with gold did not give me 1 or 25 event hearts. I'm going to open a few more just to triple check I am seeing what I believe I'm seeing. 👀

Update - I did get 25 hearts though the visual showed getting 1. Just as Nick said it should work.