Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Chat ettiquette and manners
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 1st 2019 at 3:11 AM
Russel Denton
Today i was told by another player that someone was asking for help about something in the game, and another player gave a most unhelpful and rude answer, to the player in need, later on in chat i witnessed something similar .

i myself, help players on chat when needed and also give links if required.

bottom line: if someone asks for help, be helpful and if you feel the need to say something stupid keep it too yourself please.
180 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 1st 2019 at 4:40 AM
Duckie
Agree 100%
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 1st 2019 at 7:55 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Agree too!
I am always saddened when I see that kind of behavior. No need to be rude. If you don't have anything nice to say then just don't ... :(
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 1st 2019 at 8:21 AM
Raymond
i have more then 3 hours of chat recorded before a person commented on someones rude remark. i asked who did what. nobody answered. i saw nothing by anyone going back all those hours that anyone could call rude.
p.s. i was away that whole time so know it was not me, i know a lot of you want it to be me...
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 1st 2019 at 9:47 AM
Last Edited February 1st 2019 at 9:47 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Ray, I did not immediately think you. We are on different platforms so you know I cannot see your chat. It happens on my platform too.

When I see that kind of rudeness I report & mute them and help the person if I know the answer. I acknowledge someone asking even if I don't know the answer because I have seen players ignore them too. Which can be just as frustrating for a player.

Long time players seem to forget what it's like to be new. It's a pretty brave move for some people to jump into chat between players having non play conversations to ask a simple question. However, most of the time I see players being helpful and welcoming to new players.