Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3
Adding Friends on CNE Site
180 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 22nd 2019 at 8:50 AM
Last Edited January 22nd 2019 at 8:54 AM
Duckie
I'm putting this here so I can post the link in chat instead of typing this all out repeatedly. We players from BFG are not used to the whole friends thing, so each person is needing help figuring it all out.

Please be patient with yourself. After you do this a few times, it does become easier.

Step by Step Guide:

1. Hover your mouse over the top of your screen. A drop down menu will appear saying "Welcome (Screenname)" and "My Account" below that.

2. RIGHT click "My Account" and open to a new tab. Keep this page open to aid in adding friends.

3. Your personal "Friends Link" will be in the box on the top right of the page. Copy and paste that link into chat to allow people to send you friend requests.

4. People are posting their "Friends Links" into chat. To go to their profile, highlight their link and RIGHT click it to open into a new tab. On their profile, click the button to send them a friend request.

5. You need to refresh your ACCOUNT page - NOT the game - in order to see your newest friend requests. Click to accept them.

6. Once you have new friends, you need to add them within the game. On your friends bar within the game you will see "Invite Friends." Click that and then click all the names you see to send them all an in-game buddy request.

7. Accept buddy requests sent to you by clicking the pink/red icon to the lower left of the in-game friends bar. That icon is where you will send all types of help to your friends and where your buddy requests land.

8. Above that pink icon is a yellow arrow "Refresh" icon. Clicking this after all the above steps will refresh your Friends Bar and those new friends will now show up.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Additionally:

On the left side of your account page, under "Privacy Settings" you can make it so your name is linked from your friends' profiles. This will allow people to easily find you when you are not actively playing and they will be able to send you friends requests. Not everyone will want that feature, so it is not automatic. You must check that box to enable this feature.

-------------------------------------------------------------

There are a lot of bonus benefits to having this friend system that we from BFG are not used to. I'd rather keep this post focused on adding friends as that is the biggest hurdle right now. Friends pros and cons can be discussed in another thread if someone wishes to create one.

Thanks and Good Luck!!
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 22nd 2019 at 9:11 AM
Last Edited January 22nd 2019 at 2:59 PM
Raymond
[removed as the post was not relevant to the thread]
180 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 22nd 2019 at 9:15 AM
Last Edited January 22nd 2019 at 3:00 PM
Duckie
[removed to avoid confusion]
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 22nd 2019 at 9:31 AM
Raymond
180 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 22nd 2019 at 9:34 AM
Duckie
23 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 22nd 2019 at 9:37 AM
Rein1926
Thanks Duckie for all the help today.

[post clipped to avoid confusion]
16 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 22nd 2019 at 11:48 AM
Wolf Felis
Thank you Duckie :) Head is still reeling from the change over lol. I appreciate the work you did for the BFG crew to make things easier.
3 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 22nd 2019 at 12:12 PM
darkeskye
here's an image of the friendlink

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsSfYVSdig-Bvje1dRqOJIUL5oao
Post by tgcougar deleted March 24th 2020 at 12:47 PM
180 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 22nd 2019 at 12:35 PM
Duckie
y'all are very welcome :)
114 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 22nd 2019 at 12:39 PM
Elizabeth Brown
You are most appreciated, Duckie
114 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 22nd 2019 at 12:39 PM
Elizabeth Brown
You are most appreciated, Duckie
22 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 22nd 2019 at 7:06 PM
VisionAri
Hi, Duckie.

Chat where? Amicus Isle? Because I just went there and all the rooms were completely empty.
180 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 22nd 2019 at 7:31 PM
Duckie
Vision.. refresh your game and do not close the game chat. Also.. if you play in full screen, you probably do not see game chat.
12 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2019 at 12:02 AM
niqaeli
Sweet jesus, thank you, this has been very helpful. I'd managed to find the friends link to give out to people even without your guide, but was having a helluva time figuring out what the hell you do from there, other than spam it at people.
180 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2019 at 1:20 AM
Duckie
You're welcome niqaeli!

And thank you Elizabeth!
Post by Penney50 deleted January 23rd 2019 at 2:02 PM
22 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2019 at 6:19 PM
VisionAri
Thanks, Duckie. You're very helpful.
180 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2019 at 7:00 PM
Duckie
you're welcome vision
3 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2019 at 8:59 AM
darkeskye
my top tips ... once you have added friends and added them as buddies, don't forget to request your 25 sep's every 20hrs and make sure you clear a path before you need to go past it