Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Attention: Wikia.com migrating to to Fandom.com
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 18th 2019 at 7:11 AM
Flybaby
*** Note to Devs: Could you please sticky this post? ***

Excerpts from Wikia:

Attention: Over the next few weeks, we are migrating your community's domain to fandom.com.

In October 2018, Fandom began the process of migrating wikia.com domains to fandom.com. This process is expected to be completed in early February 2019.

The only visible differences you will notice is the new URL and the fact that, whether logged in or logged out, the domain will have HTTPS support.

Why are the domains changing?
Wikia rebranded to Fandom in October 2016. The domain migration will complete that process. From an SEO perspective, having the brand name and the domain name be the same ensures stronger SEO across the platform. Google search favors sites that clearly define themselves as something specific. In this case that’s Fandom, a community site based largely around pop culture topics.

Find out more on this Fandom help page:
https://community.wikia.com/wiki/Help:Fandom_domain_migration
135 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2019 at 1:59 AM
LadyWizard
Only visible difference... right. fandom is ad heavy
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2019 at 5:37 AM
Last Edited January 19th 2019 at 6:54 AM
Flybaby
Wiki/Fandom has always had a lot of ads, but you can get rid of a lot of them (esp videos) by creating a free account and signing in.
Lvl 440 "Loves The Developers"
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2019 at 7:46 AM
Rebecca Beattie
Does this mean that my bookmarked link will have to be changed at some point? and how will I get the new address?
Lvl 440 "Loves The Developers"
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2019 at 7:48 AM
Rebecca Beattie
umm my link already goes to our page with a Fandom trademark on top of the page
Post by Rebecca Beattie deleted January 21st 2019 at 10:58 AM
146 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 21st 2019 at 3:38 PM
Mummo
Not good so far, been unable to transfer as first did not like my password (although have used this recently) tried password reset, but didn't receive anything, and yes I checked spam emails.
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 21st 2019 at 5:32 PM
Raymond
it is not migrated yet. at least not when i go to my bookmarked page or google search it out.
http://prntscr.com/mac3tz

will all content migrate? like the blog comments that sometimes are more useful then the pages themselves?
146 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 22nd 2019 at 1:08 AM
Mummo
All done now and seems to be working ok. Slightly different to what I have been used to.
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2019 at 10:04 AM
phagras
Don't worry about your old bookmarks. Fandom have set up a redirect so your browser will still end up in the right place.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 25th 2019 at 4:53 AM
Last Edited January 25th 2019 at 7:12 AM
Flybaby
The migration to fandom.com is complete. Everything looks the same as usual.
And, the name of the site is still "Bushwhacker2 Wiki."

As phagras mentioned, you will be automatically redirected to your favorite bookmarks. If you're searching for anything in particular, just click on the "Bushwhacker World" and "Popular Pages" links on the green banner at the top of the page. Or use the search bar (on the Fandom black bar) at the top of the page.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 25th 2019 at 4:56 AM
Flybaby
Raymond ... yes, all content migrated, including the blog comments.
180 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 25th 2019 at 6:44 AM
Last Edited January 25th 2019 at 6:45 AM
Duckie
I had zero problems using the site as normal. My bookmark worked fine. I looked up several things for myself and to share in chat in the past 24 hours - so I used various sections and worked as well as ever.

Thanks again for all your hard work!
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 25th 2019 at 7:18 AM
Last Edited January 25th 2019 at 7:19 AM
Flybaby
You're welcome Duckie. And thank you for your feedback and helpful game tips. 😍