Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Q about egg inventory
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 16th 2018 at 8:48 AM
Last Edited March 16th 2018 at 8:50 AM
ArmyMomOkc
I thought I had multiples of eggs, it doesn't show in my inventory more than one of every one I have. Is there anywhere we can see what we have that isn't jumbled in no particular order?

I am asking because I believe I bought the last 2 gen 7 eggs I needed. I went to hatch the rooster and it wasn't in the list with Misty. So, I got another one with DNA. This is when I really noticed how jumbled our eggs are in inventory.

I also want to know before I put in a ticket will devs be able to see if I did get the rooster egg before I did again last night? I know when I got the boar egg to complete my gen 7's. I will make a spreadsheet for going forward if it's the only way to keep this information organized. I don't know how you long timers keep up.
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 16th 2018 at 10:16 AM
Last Edited March 16th 2018 at 10:17 AM
Erika/Alyniana
When you talked to Misty, she didn't offer you the option of "I have a gen 7 egg..." as a talking point under her list?

She should do, if you have old eggs. Like for my Gen 1 egg. https://prnt.sc/is52up

The inventory I believe just gets sorted by item ID, so things can get messy.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 16th 2018 at 12:10 PM
ArmyMomOkc
She did give me the list the rooster gen 7 wasn't listed. That's when I went to check in my inventory for it. I could't find it. I have a note under the gen 8 release post about purchasing the 2 I lacked to finish my gen 7's. (boar & rooster)
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 16th 2018 at 12:59 PM
Erika/Alyniana
Might be worth a ticket then.
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 16th 2018 at 2:16 PM
Raymond
next time you start a pet quest before leaving you can look at 'what about these gen 1 pets'... the current gen also shows if you have an egg bought.
in the inventory they are listed sequentially by gen and in same order as pagas shows.
for organizing, just use pagas basic category and misc for the few special pets of a gen. pagas shows how many raised pets you possess, and shows you how many you have had if you release any for dna.

it is impossibly to possess 2 eggs of the same pet. even though pet eggs in satchels are rare, the code prevents you from getting one if you have one, or if you have 2 raised pets in your possession. Unsure if you can dna buy one if you have an egg already, will have to try.

here is a semi old video of my egg collection. i had turned all but one of every gen pet into DNA prior to this a long time ago.
https://www.facebook.com/raymond.jerome/videos/10214248243347464/?l=2750507443886919
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 16th 2018 at 3:57 PM
ArmyMomOkc
@ Raymond, I appreciate the tips. I do use PAGAS to keep track of my pets, it is very easy there. I will check out your video :)
I need to find an old discussion I saw about preventing getting multiples of an egg. I will see if I can find that thread again. It was a discussion about having at least 3 of an egg to prevent from getting more pf the same. I don't remember if it was in the forum or comments in the wiki. Thank you!

@Erika I will submit a ticket for the rooster egg. I remember buying it as I described. Thank you!
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 16th 2018 at 4:17 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Raymond I found what I thought was about multiple eggs. It's actually a thread with your advice about how you keep two hatched of each and one in inventory. It is a good one. The person who created the post was saying something about having too many eggs.