Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Change Teleporting to Amicus
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 2nd 2018 at 2:48 PM
Last Edited March 2nd 2018 at 3:02 PM
Raymond
It seems you want a lot more people to visit that then those of us who do visit it every day.

SO you need to do something. Don't do what you did years ago when you abolished room 1. instead allow us to choose whatever room we want before we teleport there, you know, exactly like you allow us to go to someones golf course. or teleport us to a random room.

ANYTHING is better then getting stuck in room 2 for the 30-90 seconds it takes to load

Edit Edited the title of the post to be more reflective of the post content. - Erika
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 2nd 2018 at 3:17 PM
Erika/Alyniana
Thanks for the feedback Raymond.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 2nd 2018 at 5:29 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Oh yes! I was thinking the same thing with new quest it would be great to pick! I keep having to reload :(
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 2nd 2018 at 7:31 PM
Russel Denton
i have been speaking to a lot of players both on bw2 chat and on facebook chat and they are irate about the going to amicus part and changing rooms, and they want a teleporter on amicus either permanently or temporary for quest/s like this ok,
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2018 at 11:54 AM
Raymond
2 things that prove bw2 has a memory leak, and both for the same reason, and both are reasons many people do not partake of either aspects of the game.

1. amicus island. it is all well and good that one can change rooms, but one is not able to until island is fully loaded and even then one still can't move for several more seconds. that is a digression from this discussion. this is the increase of ram used upon going to amicus, go once and ram increases a few hundred meg, go again and its even more then a few hundred meg more, go a third time and you have to close browser and reload cause ram is in the gigs. not a windows 10 thing, not a browser thing, happens on mac's and linux and any number of different browsers.

2. using friend whacks. I have not used those for several months, i check once in a while to see if the devs fixed the memory leak. use 10 or 20 friends and ram is in the gigs forcing a reload, try to use all your 150 and thats a dozen reloads.

the cause of both of these: loading a friend or friends image with hat and sword and glasses and cape and gloves and in some cases pet and mount, and then not unloading that when done with that pretty near millisecond one actually uses them.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 5th 2018 at 10:30 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hi folks,

Thanks for posting!

Another player suggested remembering which room you had switched to, and going straight into that one next time you go to Amicus.

We'll consider this, and your idea to allow selecting a room before entering amicus!

Raymond - thanks for the details regarding the memory leak! We'll look into it when we have the time.

Sincerely,
Nick
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 5th 2018 at 11:25 AM
Raymond
not sure if this will help also.
i clear flash cache once a week.
i say No to using memory or whatever that first choice is, and then say Yes to allow or whatever that second one is.
any other of the 4 possible combinations of these choices just plain cause black screens all the time and such.
i never get black screens if i do it this way. i never have ram issues with anything else in this game except perhaps amicus inventory/storage/store. but that might just be the whole amicis malaise
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 5th 2018 at 4:33 PM
Last Edited March 5th 2018 at 4:33 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Nick, I prefer being able to pick, but the other idea would be an improvement too.
Thanks!
Angela
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 7th 2018 at 11:24 PM
Raymond
recently i have been on my ranch or golf course and opening the store, or inventory, or storage also causes RAM usage to creep up into the Gigabytes causing the need for a reload. it never used to do this.
something is wrong somewhere and i tend to think it is not my computer because it only happens for what i have described, and is repeatable and happens on many different computers exactly the same