Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Filter/Sort for runes for sword socketing
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 1st 2018 at 8:56 PM
ArmyMomOkc
I would like to be able to have a sort or filter by at least type of rune when socketing. It would be nice to have a drop down to pick by type (energy, gem... etc). It would make it so much faster than scrolling through pages of runes.
(Yes, I have way too many runes. I have turned many to dust but now I have a bunch of dust filling my inventory.) Thank you!
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 1st 2018 at 9:29 PM
Raymond
at least they are sorted. i have asked for improvements for a long time. like the fact that one has to mouse over hundreds to find one particular one (on equipping) for some reason while everywhere else that runes are displayed one sees the names of ALL 12 or 15 that are on screen. why? I HAVE NO IDEA why they do not push the tiniest bit of code (that already exists)
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 1st 2018 at 10:10 PM
Raymond
personally i turn all runes into dust. but i do have 21 different energy runes currently. and in the past i had 60 of the 63 kinds of the small runes of the gambler.

energy runes i am keeping:
perfect, pristine, scavanged.
grandest, grander, grand.
an augment of 2 smalls.
a crafted large, and a large that is 7+ days, and one that is 6+ days, and one that is 4+ days long. i have been told that the coding makes 5+ days long ones impossible to happen.
a crafted medium, and a medium that is 5+ days long, and one that is 4+ days, and one that is 3+ days long.
a crafted small, and a small that is 4+ days long, and one that is 3+ days, and one that is 2+ days long.
small rune of gambler that is pure fruit only. would do medium and large but one can;t guaranty the effects one gets.
small rune of effeciency which is fruit and nothings. do not care to keep a medium or large of this hybrid.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 1st 2018 at 11:06 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Raymond, It is tedious to scroll through pages trying to get to what I want to add. My inventory of runes is huge. I stopped doing the rune quest. I have been turning to dust in between quest times. I'm glad that is a simple process. I still have a lot to learn about making them and the best combination to socket. I don't use gold runes at all. Also, thank you. I saw you mention this is in your request. You have a lot of great ones listed, I can tell you have put a lot of thought into those improvements.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 2nd 2018 at 12:25 AM
Raymond
most of those aren;t improvements, they are statements on the total inconsistency if the user interface these developers have for this game. they do things one way for something, a different way for something else that is nearly the same thing, a different thing for something else THAT IS exactly the same thing but a different aspect of it and so on.
as a programmer i am offended every time i see this kind of shoddyness, yes i will say this.

as for scrolling lists of things like the runes, you are aware of pressing the shift and shift+control when clicking an arrow. a kind of page at a time and a all the way to the end click.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 2nd 2018 at 5:42 PM
ArmyMomOkc
My fingers don't keep up with me very well after a lifetime of keyboarding and ten key so that technique would be challenging for me most days. I do appreciate the tip.
Post by ArmyMomOkc deleted March 2nd 2018 at 11:13 PM
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 5th 2018 at 10:33 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hi folks,

Thanks for posting!

Yes, we'd also like to see better sorting/filter options for runes socketing selection. We'll look into it when we have the time.

Sincerely,
Nick