Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Mounts Questions
22 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 17th 2017 at 6:32 PM
Kelvin Foo
1. Are there any mounts with Quest 5% to start?
2. I saw from the description of the computation of the cost to respecs that it is dependent on the level of that particular bonus, and the number of times it have been respecs.
- do we have a formula of how that is worked out?
- is there a significant difference in cost if I respecs it now for the current ones, and then when I level up with wrong specs, then I respecs it again, versus doing a respecs at later stage when I have a higher number of the wrong specs?
- does that additional cost gets reset to a lower level much like using the tokens to buy the sandwich (25, 50, 100 etc, but reset to lower level every week etc)?
http://prntscr.com/hbxl3m
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2017 at 5:08 AM
Raymond
i have never changed a mount, and never will. I make my mounts have what i want by using hay, sometimes lots of hay, to have the 4 possibilities have NOT what what i do not want, then use feeds to improve the chance of one thing i want over something else (that is still desirable anyway even if one of the lesser odds ones win).

i have never released a mount, and never will. i disagree with the design paradigm that a mount, no matter what level it is, is only worth x mount bucks, same for all levels I am told. and i am totally against not getting anything at all for mounts that have armor on them. and i am unsure if the bug in the achievements where released mounts subtract from total mounts ever owned is fixed.

i wish there were a pagas like thing for mounts showing what is/was available and what we have all in a glance. my color blindness and sight issues make a whole lot of the 115 mounts i own all look the same, well all the horses.
18 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2017 at 5:48 PM
dinsb
Kelvin, the Headless Horseman mount has the initial 5% quest odds. It was the2017 Halloween premium mount. Don't know if there are others -- the Horseman is the only one I have. I haven't tried to swap any effects yet, so can't help with your other questions.

I've pretty much controlled what my mount "learns" by selling off surplus basic mounts like a madwoman and using the mount bucks to buy large feed items; about 6 large feed items changes the odds to (if I'm remembering correctly) around 83%. Certainly not foolproof, but after roughly 4 years I've amassed enough gems and gold for a lifetime and see no need for a mount's help in acquiring more.
22 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2017 at 10:43 PM
Kelvin Foo
Raymond: Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I've used Hay to change the bonus until the bonus I want is there. I also use the relevant feeds to increase to around 75% chance of that bonus happening.

The horse mounts are worth 10 mount bucks when sold to Clint.

dinsb: Thanks for the info. I guess it is no longer generally available. But anyway, I am not a fan of spending real cash for virtual items.

I'm trying to manage with what resources I have. So was trying to figure out what is the most cost effective way to reset the bonus which I do not want to keep which have a 17% chance of happening in your case (or 25%-37% for mine)
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 20th 2017 at 3:43 PM
Last Edited November 20th 2017 at 6:07 PM
Russel Denton
I have tried Raymonds idea of using hale bales till you get the desired attributes you like, then increase one and if the one you increased does not get picked at least You got a attribute you like and can benefit from, so in saying this I reckon using hay bales is good cause you get them in the game and don't need to spend real money on buying feed, so try the hay bale idea ok Kelvin I used at least 4 hay bales at most till I got the desired attributes I like, ok matey
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 20th 2017 at 6:11 PM
Raymond
i am actively trying to get one mount to level 40 having less then 8 total attributes. just for the fun of it.
22 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 24th 2017 at 8:10 AM
Kelvin Foo
I'm still building, and still looking for the answers to the questions asked. :)