Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Cleaning up the Lake quest change

1 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2011 at 2:07 AM
Kevin Fogg
I think it would be nice if the "Cleaning up the Lake" quest was not confined to Hat Head Lake. That way those players who have progressed to any of the higher level fishing spots could fish in a more level appropriate area to complete that quest. If you feel the need to change the quest name to make it fit the change you could call it "Cleaning up the waters". Just thought I'd toss the idea out there.

262 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2011 at 8:35 AM
Melody October May
I'd like to keep "cleaning up the lake" reserved to the lake, although perhaps allow you to fish from the south side of th elake as well for that quest.

There are actually six fishing zones on the map. It would be nice to have quests at all of them:

Shadow of the Mountain - this is the zone in which we do the "Cleaning up the Lake" quest.

Hat Head Lake - the actual zone named after the lake has fishing on the southern shore. I'd like to see us be able to fish for the "Cleaning up the Lake" quest here, as well.

The Wicked Shore - "A Youthful Mutated Samurai Turtle" can be done in this zone.

The Shadowed Beach - "A Youthful Mutated Samurai Turtle" can be done in this zone.

The Burning Lakeside - it seems that there might have been an initial quest here as you were first going through the area, but I can't swear on that. I'd love to see a quest that involves this lake! PS - how the heck do all those plastic grocery bags not melt?!?!?

The Harbour - fishing just off the ship - how about something along the line of "Raise the Titanic"? All that crystal stemware we've been pulling up? Fish up a dozen of them and get 1,000 gold!

799 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2011 at 9:02 AM
Rebecca Beattie
I forgot about fishing at the harbor and I did so much of it at one time....

I second the idea about more fishing quests...

I would also like to see a fishing mana spell

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2011 at 11:26 AM
Last Edited November 22nd 2011 at 11:27 AM
Raymond
You can 'clean up the lake' in either part of Hat Head Lake.
That's something I tried the minute I got into that other part of the lake over a year ago.
The Quest counts the number of 'certain' kinds of junk. Only junk from HHL works. And that junk comes from either part.

You only have to start the quest using the one and only Steve in one part of that lake.

741 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2011 at 3:51 PM
Nate Dauer
Also, you know the treasure maps (the maps you get from the museum)?

Well, they consist of a set of randomly-selected different areas put together, but will always maintain the same theme. Well, in the forest theme maps, one of the areas features a little pond, and it has a single fishing spot in it. This oddly-placed fishing spot will count the same as Hat-Head Lake - including for getting 5 pieces of junk.