Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
"Hidden Heart Containers"

741 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 21st 2011 at 6:47 PM
Last Edited November 21st 2011 at 6:47 PM
Nate Dauer
So you know how Bush Whacker is loosely based on the Legend of Zelda (especially the hero)?

I got to thinking:
One of the staple features of all LoZ games are the hidden Heart Containers.

Why not place items that give minor boosts in maximum energy (something like +2 to +5 each) in the various "hidden" areas of Bush Whacker? Offhand, the only truly "hidden" area I can think of is the basement of the school, but there are many different "rarely-travelled areas" such as "The Steamy Incline" "The Forest Bandit Camp" or "The Shifty Alley". The most feasible part of the feature would be the fact that they would all use the same image, so they wouldn't take up a bunch of spaces on the quest item menu, rather, they'll just take up a single spot, with a "x#" indicator next to them.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2011 at 9:01 AM
Raymond
I don't think this is a good idea.
I hate to say this, but the people playing this game seem to be the MOST unobservant people ever.
They all have no idea where any of the 5 new (less than 5 month old) mini-zones are.
And they don't even know where 3 of the main zones are, the Lost City, the Haunted Forest and the Scientists Castle.
And they are totally unaware of a feature that's been in the game since February, some 9.5 months ago, and that is right there in front of them at least 20 or 30 times a day. The Maps 'Show Active Quests'.
And they can't see Mountain Vines when those are right in front of them too.

Requiring them to HAVE to notice something else might really alienate them.

741 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2011 at 4:04 PM
Nate Dauer
Sadly true. I come from a background of console games where, if you can't find what you're looking for - you look harder! Then I discovered the internet in my teens, but generally stick to figuring things out for myself (though I did use the internet to go back and find those handful of things I could never figure out as a kid - such as: "Where do you get the 7th photograph in LoZ: Link's Awakening DX?").

Here, however, people seem to miss the point of puzzles and just assume that everything is supposed to be presented to them right away. I don't consider myself a patient person, but I seem to put most people here to shame when it comes to problem-solving.

The thing that bugs me most is that it's obvious that, in some cases, people didn't even bother trying to use their own reasoning to solve a problem before they came here.

The worst was when the gate to the Swamp Homestead didn't have that extra note on it. There would be 2-3 topics labeled "Swamp Homestead" "Homestead Map" "Swamp Homestead Map" on the top page of the forum at any given time.

799 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2011 at 5:08 PM
Rebecca Beattie
different people like the games for different reasons. Some like feeling like there is a group effort...

Most "how do I... " questions are from a person's weakness. So here on the board we have the opportunity to help a person that is frustrated. The fact that you or I have higher tolerance for puzzle solving frustration does not mean that we have better tolerance lol....

It is unlikely that we will see how many people are solving puzzles independently or lurking and effectively reading old post.. They are the people that, for the most part aren't posting.

32 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2011 at 5:29 PM
Shel Whitman
I enjoy a good puzzle, love seeing little things within different areas but I must admit you have me with the Mountain Vines??

799 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2011 at 6:50 PM
Rebecca Beattie
they are spawns like ore lol

32 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2011 at 8:11 PM
Shel Whitman
I've had a wicked sinus migraine the past two days and to read that just made me go 'HUH??' note to self: don't read boards when head is messed up haha...Thanks!!! :)

799 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2011 at 9:13 PM
Rebecca Beattie
you crack me up...

799 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2011 at 9:13 PM
Rebecca Beattie
hope you feel better

741 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 24th 2011 at 9:53 AM
Nate Dauer
Incidentally, I think those mountain vines might be the largest value 'whack-able' things in the game with their value of 50.