Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Suggestion: Difficulty Slider

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 15th 2017 at 1:59 PM
Jerms
Ill start by saying I like the game and want to see it grow.

Anyway the game is to the point where it takes longer to transition to the next level than to actually beat a level. In less than a few hours it needs reset. A suggestion I have is to make a difficulty option that lets you pick between (example) Normal, x2,x5 and x10 objective amounts for x2,x5 and x10 idols on reset. This would allow runs to last longer if wanted.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 16th 2017 at 11:00 AM
Animenut
It shouldn't be objective amounts because that would effect basically nothing in terms of difficulty. I like the idea, but due to how "speed crusaders" work, even decupling (x10) area requirements would just make an entire run last...maybe an hour longer? Two hours? Players with a good number of speed crusaders will be increasing spawn speed a ton, consistently getting 4-8 rewards per enemy, picking items up faster, etc, and boosting an area's requirements just helps the "Idols Over Time" talent to accumulate more. Rather, I would suggest boosting the way enemy health and damage scales. Sliding the difficulty up means that people with enough idols/gold find to max crusaders pretty early would end up hitting that no-more-insta-kill wall much, MUCH closer to the point where they hit the level cap, and having an extra-stacking idol booster as a reward would probably net more idols than progressing X areas without gaining any levels.

However, the rewards should not be on a 1-to-1 scale. I'm not doing the math out right now, but since the game's areas scale in difficulty pretty quickly, buffing enemy health and damage by x10 wouldn't really push advanced players back very far. I'd estimate someone that regularly reaches 1100 would maybe get pushed back to...1050? Probably not even THAT much if they are insta-killing at 1100 normally, and sacrificing 50 levels (which, overall, amounts to very few idols) to get a x10 multiplier would just be completely absurd. Rather, something along the lines of, like, 20% of the amount you buff the difficulty by, so boosting the enemy health and damage by x2 would only get you a paltry 0.2% more idols, while boosting by x100 (which would ACTUALLY make a dent in progression) would boost idols by 20%.

The idols lost by x100 difficulty would probably amount to breaking even with the idols received by the 20% boost, so I'll let someone else crunch the numbers to figure out an actually-balanced ratio.

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 16th 2017 at 10:17 PM
Jerms
Very Interesting, Thanks for responding.

Maybe "difficulty" slider wasn't exactly the right term. The goal of my suggestion is to actually just eliminate level transition times and resetting but keeping all the other variables the same. In your example if it increased my run two hours that seems to be consistent because it only takes me 3-3.5 hours to get to level 1100-1200 then they get stuck there. A good portion of the 3.5 hours is watching them walk to the next level with speed crusaders.

So For X2 if it takes 5.5 hours instead of 3.5 I completed 2 of my runs without needing to reset and taking off 2 hours of time walking to the next level. The idols over time (I think) would work out to give the exact same bonus if you spent 10 hours doing one run, or 10 hours doing 3 runs if your base idols earned stayed the same. Maybe this would have to be a high tier talent or something.