Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Transmuting buff cards

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 1st 2017 at 8:44 PM
Animenut
Maybe calling the mechanic something like "Alchemy", but the idea is to transmute acquired buff cards into other buff cards of the same rank. For example, I never use the "Splash" cards. Literally never because I have Merci's "Deflect Evil" so well-buffed. For me, specifically, they are by far the most useless. However, I do like stocking up on warps to stock up on event currency. I will literally never have a use for Splash cards, but more warps are always welcomed.

That said, part of the game is the random element of not knowing what cards you'll get from chests. Being able to freely transmute would negate the random chance of chest drops. To keep it from being entirely imbalanced, there should be some kind of cost to transmute items. For example, the transmuting process would not be 1-for-1. Rather, there would be set amounts to transmute at once (10, 20, 50, 100, etc at once) but the player would receive 50-70% of the amount they transmuted. So transmuting 100 "Blaze" cards into warps would result in 70 "Delorean"s. Since warps do not have common-tier, other common-tier buffs would not be able to transmute into warps.

257 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 1st 2017 at 8:54 PM
snow
I believe warps only drop from jewelled and event chests, while splash can come from any chest. That makes this extremely unlikely to happen.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 1st 2017 at 8:56 PM
Animenut
I'm pretty sure warps drop from normal chests. Uncommons and rares. The epic "Quantum Leap"s only drop from jeweled chests.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2017 at 7:52 AM
Teschio
I've never seen a warp drop from a silver chest, regardless of rarity. Warps are a different category altogether, so this ides of yours should not apply to them, but I agree it should apply to other buffs. Especially since now we have a t4 talent that specifically affects speed buffs and nothing else.

130 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2017 at 9:29 AM
Azamagon
Just a very random idea, inspired by your main post:

What if we could dissolve any buff card into small amount of crafting materials (rarity of buff card = rarity of materials, similar to duplicate gear)?
+
What if we could create any buff card (except maybe warp cards, as Teschio pointed out) from crafting materials?

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2017 at 1:46 PM
Animenut
Azamagon's idea is nice, too. It would have to, again, not be a 1-for-1 conversion, though. The materials given per buff would have to be greater than the number of buffs converted. Over my entire time playing the game, I've collected over 1.5k "Siphon Powers". Converting them 1-for-1 would only be 1k common crafting materials, which is...pretty underwhelming for over a year's worth of a buff card collection. Considering how expensive crafting becomes, the conversion rate would need to be somewhere in the vicinity of more like a 1-for-10 ratio. Maybe less. I'm not really putting a whole lot of thought into the balance right now.

171 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2017 at 1:19 AM
KameRose
To be able to convert excess buff cards into something more useful sounds heavenly. In almost two years of play I have only seriously used my buffs twice. Once was just because I wanted to see what would happen and the other was pushing for the area 1k achievement.

Even if we could just do a trade up and trade down the same buff type. The idea of converting all the saws, eyeballs, and swords into boots sounds better though.