Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Have Upgraded Chest Drops Been Nerfed?

85 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 4th 2016 at 6:08 PM
Tygari
Since upgraded event chests drop rates for were increased earlier this year I been getting 3 to 5 epic gear in 20 upgraded chests.
Before that I averaged 0 to 1 epic gear per event chests.
Last event and this event I have only gotten 1 epic gear per 20 upgraded event chests.
Last event I thought it was really bad luck.
Now that it has repeated I am beginning to wonder.
Twice is a coincidence.
If it happens again next event then that will be three times.
Thrice is a pattern.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 5th 2016 at 2:20 AM
Teschio
No, thrice is another coincidence. And the proof of this is that other people don't experience the same drop rate. Personally, I opened 7 jeweled event chests this event, and got 2 epics. If it was a pattern, it would affect everyone, and it doesn't.

7 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 9th 2016 at 1:35 AM
Burmazil
same here, luck is just a very unfaithful lover

85 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 22nd 2016 at 2:11 AM
Tygari
This will be the 3rd event.
Time to see if it is a pattern.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 22nd 2016 at 4:49 AM
Teschio
It still won't be a pattern. You are not a representative sample by yourself. If hunderds of players experienced this, then we could assume a pattern. but if it's just you, it's bad luck.

85 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 22nd 2016 at 4:52 AM
Tygari
It will be enough for me. especially since your opinion doesn't matter.

30 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 22nd 2016 at 6:54 AM
Freudas
While Teschio is generally a dingwallace, he is correct, it's still not a pattern. It's not an opinion, but statistical fact.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 22nd 2016 at 4:45 PM
Teschio
Oh, it may "be enough for you", but believing something doens't automatically make it true. And in this case, it WILL be just coincidence. Not my opinion, math. Math has a tendency to be right whether you believe in it or not.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 24th 2016 at 4:40 PM
Last Edited October 24th 2016 at 4:48 PM
Raymond
my own experience so far. I opened about 6 chests. I have 1, one, piece of gear on the two new tier 2 event crusaders and nothing else (5 empty spots on them) but a whole lot of disenchants.
needless to say I am totally disenchanted so far and KNOW that you programmed the 'weighting' absolutely wrong.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 24th 2016 at 4:54 PM
Teschio
I don't think they did, Raymond. I got full gear on Henry with the first 2 chests I opened. It was crappy gear and it still is, but weighting only helps until you have 2 slots filled with gear, it doesn't have to be GOOD gear (which is a problem, since it's twice as hard to get epics on new crusaders).

30 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 25th 2016 at 6:49 AM
Freudas
With 19 Jeweled Event Filled all slots on all 4, with 4 non-dupe epics and only two items out of the 12 are uncommon, everything else is rare at least. So RNG obviously is still a factor, some get more lucky, some less.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 30th 2016 at 8:52 AM
Raymond
1 empty spot still on fright and 2 empty spots still on henry, and at leasr 20 disenchant points from dozens of duplicate gear on Jack who was full epic last damn year.
so yes, chest 'weighting' is not just nerged, but just plain programmed completely wrong

85 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 30th 2016 at 9:19 AM
Tygari
bad streak broke. opened 20 chests and got 4 epic gear. one a duplicate. filled 3 set for all 4 crusaders. most gear went to ghoul and pumpkin.

24 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 30th 2016 at 12:11 PM
Seofirosu Muramasa
For me judging by the previous event (haven't opened the new ones yet) it was horribly weighted. I ended up having a lot of disenchantings of rare items when I had 5-6 white items spread around all 4 event crusaders.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 30th 2016 at 1:24 PM
Teschio
Seofirosu, the weighting only works towards EMPTY slots. It helps you fill those slots, not fill them with GOOD gear. Once all your slots are occupied, even by common items, there is no more weighting.

24 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 30th 2016 at 1:58 PM
Seofirosu Muramasa
Damn I don't remember it being specifically for empty slots and not quality of gear. Even if it doesn't, I think it should.

189 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 30th 2016 at 2:39 PM
Last Edited October 30th 2016 at 2:39 PM
Azaryah
I agree, weighting to gear quality also, would be nice - even just disallowing duplicate epics would be wonderful.

But not sure how well the weighting to empties is working though - i keep getting duplicates for everything else without filling Henry's last empty spot (and the ONLY epics i've gotten are two duplicates of Jack's GE - but that's another issue).

24 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 30th 2016 at 2:42 PM
Seofirosu Muramasa
Wow very unlucky Azaryah

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 31st 2016 at 4:38 AM
Last Edited October 31st 2016 at 4:38 AM
BoldarBlood
@Teschio : ''the weighting only works towards EMPTY slots''

That's wrong, or at least it should be. If you read the change logs for both previous events, it clearly says '' ... chests will now weigh their drops towards unfilled slots and UPGRADES, making it easier to gear up ALL FOUR Crusaders EVENLY ''

24 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 31st 2016 at 5:14 AM
Seofirosu Muramasa
I had the same impression BoldarBlood