Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Have Upgraded Chest Drops Been Nerfed?

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 31st 2016 at 5:28 AM
Teschio
Erika confirmed that it works the way I said it works, and that it was intended to be that way. The weighting applies only towards empty slots, it has no effect on the quality of the gear.

189 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 31st 2016 at 6:52 AM
Last Edited October 31st 2016 at 2:25 PM
Azaryah
In which case, the change-log wording is (intentionally?) extremely misleading. It specifically states empty slots AND UPGRADES - and goes on to explain that if you geared up last year's crusaders, it would be easier to gear up this year's, which is only possible if quality of gear is also taken into account.

This encouraged me to buy extra chests - expecting a chance for better gear as plainly stated - but only got dupes (AND still didn't fill last empty spot, which is the one thing you're saying it actually does).

I understand that some form of pseudo-randomness is still involved and one can get either "lucky" or "unlucky" - but if it's not actually designed to do what the advertising (change-log, and so forth) has said for the last two events, then ... what?

I hesitate to use terms like 'lies' and 'false-advertising' - and would prefer not to use ones like 'incompetence' or 'idiocy' - but what are we to think, if, as Teschio says, it is intentional that only empty slots were targeted for the weighing? (and even that seems not to be working all that well for some - though i agree THAT part of things could just be "bad luck").

85 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 1st 2016 at 3:53 PM
Tygari
Azaryah:
Trollchio should be ignored in all aspects. Put in a ticket and ask specifically to a dev. Trollchio lies so much on the forums that you should know better than to engage with it.

As for weighing in the announcements do imply that weighing effects both empty slots and quality of gear. If this is not true the wording needs to be fixed.

Finally buying extra chests to get higher quality gear feels a bit wasteful. I spend $20 each event for 16 chests just to get all 3 slots filled and the golden epic. If you are patient more golden epics come around for purchase and they are always the better place for your money. I have many crusaders with green gear waiting on a golden epic to replace it with. With today's release of 2 new packages of golden epics at $10 each I know I made the right choice.

7 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 1st 2016 at 4:52 PM
Last Edited November 1st 2016 at 5:08 PM
buburall
did you do a math of how much you spent? probably a car already.
Meanwhile "no ETA for fixing lag" and so on. "We dont have magic wands" ,,,thats insulting for me as customer(last Ama topic, where you can also see how gracious she is evading un-easy questions,,,, maybe the dancer career is better).
Good luck, I started to enjoy spending my money for better things since i realized that the payment page is working smoothly every time.

I thank you for allowing me being a free member , that 50% extra whatever you get from GE's, I can live without ! And have my fun without giving my money anymore. And I am not ironic, Thank you for this.

I wish I could transform my GE's in regular epic so I forget the money I spent just to be disappointed.

PS "weighted chests" is a totally BS , probably a "programmer" - yes the quotes arent a mistake- who thinks that all his customers have (-1)IQ and he is better than the WoW developpers

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 1st 2016 at 6:36 PM
Teschio
@Tygary, still butthurt about your useless gender equality crusade? Please show ONE instance in which I lied. You know, the funny part is, you can verify that what I said is correct just by reading Erika's AMAs. The links are all available in the relevant topic.

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 2nd 2016 at 2:41 AM
Andreas
buburall way to go, mate! Feeling insulted while insulting others in the same post should be kind of an achievement.

Sometimes, I wish it would be possible to change roles so that some people realize what their behaviour actually feels like. Or to feel the pressure to change things you probably hardly can fix since Adobe Flash doesn't like big numers at all. Or to even develop a weighting with randomness included. Or - for a start - to read all the stuff people send your way and still demand you being nice to them.

You feel insulted as a customer? That's too bad. But since you are a customer with open eyes, you probably have seen the fact, this game is still in beta, haven't you? You do realize, that lagging doesn't exist for all players in all circumstances, do you? You do realize that a lot of players are very happy with their crusaders and the way the weighting works, don't you? You do realize that CNE doesn't gift everyone Epic gear for nothing. And I don't think they should. And I hope you realize, what Randomnes actually means. Since you know more than programmers do, I wonder why this discussion actually exists...

85 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 2nd 2016 at 5:20 AM
Tygari
I play on Android cellphone. I dont experience any lag.
Android has two major glitches right now.
Mindy + Karen = game freeze. Reloading game fixes.
Auto Progression failures where level task completes and the level progression breaks. Have to go back a level to fix.

Would I like to see these fixed? Of course. But their not game breaking, nor rage quitting worthy.
If your going to rage quit over lag than you should cease all internet games.
Internet lag been around as long as the internet and won't be disappearing anytime soon.

130 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 2nd 2016 at 8:42 AM
Azamagon
I had a different problem this event:

Freeplay jeweled chest dropchances. After about 15 resets, I have received just ONE jeweled chest from this event. That's quite ridiculous.

In regards to the gear weighting, it has been nicer to me this time around, personally.

But still, as to how they could improve the gear weighting and such, I'd suggest a rather simple approach to it:

When you open an event chest, the first thing that happens is that you get a randomized rarity (with the same rarity-rules as now: Silver chest: Common to Rare, Jeweled: Uncommon to Epic). It then checks if there is any gear that can be upgraded with the rarity you got. If there is a potential upgrade with this rarity, the gear gets upgraded. If there is no gear to be upgraded, you'll simply get a random duplicate of said rarity.

With enough chests opened, this means you will eventually get all 3 slots filled on each Crusader, and it means getting upgrades are always prioritized above all else.

I'd honestly like this system on non-event chests too. Getting a whole bunch of epic duplicates on Phoenix is getting really frustrating by now...

24 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 2nd 2016 at 1:24 PM
Seofirosu Muramasa
Would be nice if Erika could explain us which of the 2 is the correct way that chest weighting works.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 2nd 2016 at 4:49 PM
Teschio
She did. Read past AMAs, the answer is there.
Post by Alpha Crusader deleted November 4th 2016 at 9:51 AM

24 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 5th 2016 at 4:09 PM
Seofirosu Muramasa
We need to know which of the two is valid because that changes the strategy of opening silver event chests before or after u opened the jeweled event chests.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 5th 2016 at 6:06 PM
Teschio
I already told you, check past AMAs (link is on the main page), you'll see that she did confirm which interpretation is the correct one. Don't open silver until you are out of jeweled, then.

24 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 16th 2016 at 1:50 PM
Seofirosu Muramasa
According to Erika in the last AMA weighted chests have priority on upgrading items like they are described in the change log. Do u have a link where she confirms the opposite?

24 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 16th 2016 at 1:50 PM
Seofirosu Muramasa
According to Erika in the last AMA weighted chests have priority on upgrading items like they are described in the change log. Do u have a link where she confirms the opposite?