Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
New Content! 11th Objectives, New Crusaders and Weekend Buff!

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 23rd 2016 at 12:15 PM
Last Edited September 23rd 2016 at 12:15 PM
Erika/Alyniana

It's a big one!

It's time for the 11th Objective in the first 6 campaigns! Completing these super-challenging objectives will award you with new Crusaders to use! That's right! Some extra spots for farming and more power!

Plus, to help get you make progress on completing the requirements, we have a weekend buff!

Jim, Jason, Dark Gryphon, Sal and Draco are receiving a buff from now until Monday Sept 26 at Noon PDT!

More info can be found on the official blog!

319 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 23rd 2016 at 7:58 PM
ihatethisfing
yay more crusaders without timers and without swapping! though from the sounds of the objective difficulties, i hope i like most of them!

189 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 23rd 2016 at 10:16 PM
Azaryah
Well, SOME swapping - the second three serve as alternates for the first three - so six Expansion Crusaders, and three new seats.

Still, i'm surprised that the fourth one doesn't open up the 24th seat instead of being the first of the alternates. One presumes the 7th campaign will one day get an expansion crusader of it's own - so maybe that will open the 24th seat (along with an alternate from an eighth permanent campaign); but for the sake of symmetry (and maximizing the idol-gain), i'd've liked to see seats 21-24 open with these (21&22 having alternates, 23&24 awaiting theirs in the future).

66 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 24th 2016 at 12:54 AM
Varie
First impression: wow, that's the best news EVER!
Second thought: damn, I'll have to do that b***dy timed objective.

66 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 24th 2016 at 3:29 AM
Varie
OK. I'm not going to say that this update is the worst thing that has ever happened to the game, but the timed quest definitely is. CotLI is an IDLE game: you have a minute - you visit it. You don't have to play it for hours until your eyes hurt. And now you HAVE TO, if you want to collect all the crusaders.

You could at least add the "pay real money to complete an objective of your choice" feature.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 24th 2016 at 3:46 AM
Last Edited September 24th 2016 at 8:34 AM
Teschio
@ Varie, you have to do it ONCE. Oh, the horror!

My only complaint is that they didn't give notice of this. I would have hoarded jeweled chests to have a better chance of gearing the new crusaders up, while now they will be pretty naked for a while. Other than that, I think it's a GREAT update.

Oh crap, I just realized that those new crusaders will not only have 0 EPs, they won't even have a regular crusader to provide them with EPs! Which means that any DPSer among them will be completely useless to veteran players, because they won't have those 2k EPs that other crusaders have...

50 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 24th 2016 at 8:56 AM
Thanatos Hades
This is an incredible update. Specially for the veterans that may have run out of stuff to do. I still had a lot to do before hand but it good to look forward to. The only thing I am sad about is that I wanted the slime to be one of the crusaders. I want a slime/ooze/blob crusader.

87 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 24th 2016 at 9:05 AM
Erich
1> Thank you for the new high-end content! It definitely gives me something to work toward, and I really like that!

2> Off topic, but thank you for the recent message that old events will be coming back. I'm really happy about that. I stuck around and invested in CotLI with the hopes that that would be the case, and it paid off! Cheers!

319 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 24th 2016 at 9:51 PM
ihatethisfing
@tesch: dont you have a lot of silver chests saved up? that should boost the EP a bit.

134 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 24th 2016 at 10:04 PM
thedude
If we do open silver chests, the distribution between crusaders should be about equal. I currently have approximately 550-600 EP for each of my original 20 crusaders. If I open enough chests to get the new crusaders to 500, my old crusaders will all be above 1000. This gap makes the new crusaders useless as DPSers (unless they have extremely powerful abilities) for at least the next 6-12 months until we can send them on enough EP missions to get them roughly even.

66 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 25th 2016 at 12:02 AM
Varie
@Teschio Once? Really? I've tried twice already! Almost three hours are spent being nervous because of A GAME. That's not OK.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 25th 2016 at 4:05 AM
Teschio
@Varie. Yes, once. How come you tried twice and failed, and most other players do it once and succeed? You shouldn't blame you personal failures to others, including the devs or the game.

@ihatethisfing: I do have a lot of silver chests. But even opening all 3k of them, it's quite difficult to get all rares of them, and epics are impossible. Besides, the EPs will be split among 26 crusaders, whih means they only get a few of them, certainly not enough to put them on par with crusaders that have 2k EPs now (and more once I open the chests...)

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 25th 2016 at 5:08 AM
Last Edited September 25th 2016 at 1:28 PM
Andreas
@Teschio:

> My only complaint is that they didn't give notice of this. I would have hoarded jeweled chests to have a better chance of gearing the new crusaders up

Then you probably realize why CNE didn't give notice before. You know, since there is a way to get JCs quick without gathering Rubies before :)

Plus, once you get the Gloria, you have two crusaders in one spot who benefit from both Silver and Jewel Chests instead of one plus whatever you can achieve through missions - which both the exterminator and the good witch could do, too. I would think their EP Level will rise quite nicely. Also, did you have a look at their cost? For me, the gap between the different crusader spots is about 30. From Nate to the Exterminator it takes more than 50 levels. The way, I see it, these three spots will benefit very late gameplay, once the ordinary crusaders have hit their final level at or post 5K and then some.

@Varie: Why is that not ok? Why is 3 hours of nervousness an issue when you accumulate months worth of playtime? But maybe, as a hint: If you are having trouble getting through tier 1 of the timed objective, don't worry. You probably will not make it through the 11th objective. Farm more idols, try other objectives, try changing strategies and then try again.

In general, I think this is a great expansion. At least temporarily it puts the focus of the game back on objectives which are the highest priority for me. The 11th objectives, I could do so far were tough, really tough. There's some stuff I probably won't be able to touch until way into the new year and that's great. At least there's stuff to look forward to :)

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 25th 2016 at 1:23 PM
BoldarBlood
I agree that it's gonna take some time to get the new crusaders on par with the old ones in terms of EPs, but since you need to be a veteran player to be able to unlock all 6 of them, it means you can probably afford to get 'Sharing is Caring' to max lvl.
So basically they will get EPs twice as fast as the other classic crusaders, and assuming you open enough SCs, they will eventually surpass them.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 25th 2016 at 1:51 PM
Teschio
I know they will get EPs twice as fast as other crusaders, but they start 2k EPs behind, not that easy to get even, or even close...

The other problem, though, is gear. While event crusaders have their own jeweled chests, and therefore can get rare/epic items quite easily, these new ones will share normal chests with other crusaders. In over 380 days playing this game I opened 706 jeweled chests, and still most of my classic crusaders are far from having full epics. Besides, being crusaders you unlock only with very difficult missions, I don't see CNE releasing Golden Epics for them... I don't know, they don't seem worth it except for idol gain (which is awesome, and the main reason why I already recruited 4 of them). Their skills are nice, but honestly there are better options, I probably would not use any one of them even if they did have 2k EPs and rare/epic items...

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 25th 2016 at 2:51 PM
Heidi R
Nice update, but I am not able to do the timed objective. It gives me axiety attacks. Too bad that I cannot get any further than the first new crusader because of that. :(

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 25th 2016 at 3:33 PM
BoldarBlood
Totally agree with you Teschio. I had been hoarding JCs for some time (since Erika said in an AMA that devs were thinking about changing the way duplicate works), but i'm not even sure i'll use them. I'll mostly get duplicates for the other crusaders anyway.
Plus, it's actually the same for silver chests. We already know from Reddit they've planned to release crusaders in the 24th spot, so i'm wondering if i should use my silver chests now, cause it wouldn't be optimized.

I know it seems bad to complain about an update that is definitely great, but i wish we had a little bit more info about what's to come in the game to better plan those things.

50 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 25th 2016 at 10:37 PM
Thanatos Hades
Yea I never thought about it really BUT it is definitely getting noticeably harder to make new crusaders worth while. The longer you play the more Ep gets added to the base crusaders while new ones and event ones get left in the dust. Yes the mission system does help but it's very limited when you have so many crusaders. If you happen to be stupid rich I suppose one could buy a ton of specific chests to help those crusaders BUT even if you are those chests are still only available a limited amount of time. Once they are gone your still SOL of course chances are if you did buy that many you don't have to worry anyway. Regardless the point is made. We really need a better way to balance out new crusaders with the ones people have had for long period of time.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 26th 2016 at 4:26 AM
Teschio
This is generally not a problem with Event Crusaders, since they can get their EPs through the "sharing is caring" talent (which, if you are a veteran player, should be maxed out by now). However, these new crusaders don't share a slot with a classic one, so they lag behind a lot in terms of EPs. And I fear they will never recover. Add this to the fact that, among the 4 I unlocked until now, only one seems to have useful skills, and you'll see that these new crusaders are just there to boost your idol gain, and give you 3 more crusaders for missions.

301 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 26th 2016 at 7:54 AM
Last Edited September 26th 2016 at 7:55 AM
Vingummi
ofc they will recover.
EP gets more and more bad the more you have. so if you have 500 on the normal once and manage to get 250 on the new once, they are only 2x better than the new crusaders.