Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
New Content! 11th Objectives, New Crusaders and Weekend Buff!

139 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 26th 2016 at 9:33 AM
Lisa Gordon
For those that are struggling with the timed objective there is a strategy that works very well. I have a small amount of lag that made the timed difficult (took me a few tries on t1) but when I used the blank formation strategy with t2 I finished with over 12 mins left vs barely failing it the 2 tries I did prior.

You save your good formation in one slot and a completely empty formation in a second slot. Then as soon as the area is complete you switch to the empty formation then reload your good one as soon as you are in the next area. This saves many precious seconds on each area. Unless your lag is really severe it should make the timed objective doable with no issues :)

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 26th 2016 at 11:44 AM
Heidi R
Lisa, my problem is that the timed objective causes stress which puts me into anxiety mode which can end up very bad! After 20 minutes in I start the stress symptomes and 10 minutes later I am "off". So, I cannot do them since I have to actively do them. If it would work on autorun all the way that would be perfect. Well, I will have to live with the disadvantage for further update that depend on the new crusader. Maybe time to stop the game.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 26th 2016 at 4:28 PM
Teschio
@ Vingummi, I know about diminishing returns, but if you add up mediocre skills (some are decent if you want to be generous, none is great to be sure), lack of EPs, and lack of rare/epic equipment, you'll see that most of those crusaders are actually useless, and are very likely to always remain so. The only one of the first 4 I see as viable now is the healer, Gloria.

139 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 26th 2016 at 4:55 PM
Lisa Gordon
sorry to hear that heidi, perhaps knowing that using that strategy means it is doable without scrambling or stress (like 10m to 15m left on the clock in the end on average) might ease the anxiety enough to finish?

30 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2016 at 12:23 PM
Last Edited September 28th 2016 at 12:23 PM
Freudas
@ Teschio - Shadow Queen gives 300% dps nekkid (along with 50% gdps), if used in conjunction with Jason and correct positioning, which is not difficult at all on any formation I've tried so far. Your argument is invalid **insert Nicholas Cage pic here**

39 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2016 at 1:50 PM
Meinhild Selbach
I fully second what Heidi wrote.
I tried the "empty formation" thing, but even with that I stressed too much and lost time due to stress management. Me too, I think about stopping the game once the fact that I cannot do the timed objective will stop me from getting further objectives unlocked.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2016 at 2:09 PM
Teschio
Shadow Queen's skill only works in certain formations. You need to have her in an "isolated" position, so she contacts 1-2 crusaders at most, and one of those needs to be your main DPSer, which severely limits her usefulness because this doesn't work well with other positional skills (for example, in World's Wake formation there is no way to have her, roboturkey and bubba buffing the same crusader in any efficient way). Not to mention the fact that she requires Jason for max efficiency, and Jason is not that useful, he occupies a slot that could be used for stronger buffers. She could be useful once you get at least full rares on her (and maybe 1-2 epics too), but until then, she is weaker than other buffers.

139 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2016 at 2:21 PM
Lisa Gordon
That would really be dependent on which crusaders one uses and what a players goals are.

I personally don't use turkey anymore so that isn't an issue for me for example, and some use Jason already because of the GE for gold bonus

The truth is we can't say that any crusader isn't useful etc because everyone uses different formations and combinations of crusaders depending on gear, preference for dps vs gb etc.

There is no right or wrong answer as everyone plays differently and has different goals :)

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2016 at 4:45 PM
Teschio
True. But of the 6 new crusaders, only 3 are usable, imho: gloria, shadow queen and blood mage. The exterminator is one of the worst crusaders in the whole game...