Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Noticeable lag hitch since recent updates

17 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 8th 2016 at 1:54 PM
Oort
I have an older computer running on xp so expect, and experience, a little lag, however that lag wasn't apparent in the early stages when only a couple Heroes where in formation. But I noticed recently that now there is *always* a hitch when the heroes kill a monster. it last about a quarter second to half second and starts as soon as play begins, and in later stages when the formation is full and the enemies start getting thicker that hitch sometimes lasts as long as a second, which becomes pretty distracting when there are a lot of enemies on screen dying.

I didn't mention it when I first saw it because I thought it was just my own crappy system causing it. But after multiple resets, ensuring my stuff is updated, and giving my system a real good maintenance and cleaning it still occurs when it didn't used to.

Just wanted to throw out a heads up on this to see if anyone else is experiencing it or if it is actually caused by my own computer.

218 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 8th 2016 at 6:32 PM
FingerDemon
Same here. Until this started, I've never had any lag after each instakill.

3 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 9th 2016 at 5:24 AM
Last Edited June 9th 2016 at 5:39 AM
KankiKeijo
Yes, lag is horrible now. Every monster kill causes a hitch/jerk in frame rate.

It's not like I can't play this game in one window, but I can play two different instances of Crusaders side by side. The thing here is that both perform as bad and laggy as it would perform if I run only one instance of the game.

http://i.imgur.com/rZd1oKh.jpg

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 9th 2016 at 11:04 AM
Erika/Alyniana
Hi Oort,

Thank you for the report.

We'll try to see what changed recently and why it would be causing more lag than normal.

Erika

189 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 9th 2016 at 11:53 PM
Azaryah
Re: lag...

Since we have an event again, paid close attention so as to read all the stuff and enjoy the new enemy characters.

Seemed to be no lag until around area 30 or so; very noticeable by area 50. Seems to depend upon how many crusaders are unlocked and/or how many upgrades are bought. By the time i had 18 of the seats activated [using lvl all and upgrade all buttons the whole time] the lag was very noticeable. [pauses with each kill, black wipe pausing at least once on it's way across].

Despite no lag in the early areas, and the fact that i was babysitting through the first 50 areas to see the entire story, reaching area 100 took an hour and 20 minutes. Common wisdom on the boards [which i never actually tested myself] was that insta-killing got you through ~100areas/hr. If it is the lag causing that extra 20 minutes, i'd say it was pretty bad - and, again, that's with the first 30 or so areas having no lag at all.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 9th 2016 at 11:56 PM
Last Edited June 9th 2016 at 11:57 PM
Raymond
i have no lag at all and have gotten to area 405 so far in the first event objective
if you use firefox then stop and use anything else that is not firefox derived
like chrome or iron or sea monkey or opera...

189 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 10th 2016 at 2:00 AM
Azaryah
Don't have those others you mentioned, but did try on chrome just now (currently on area 207 of a RP2 FreePlay) and getting the lag there just as bad as on IE and Firefox.

44 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 10th 2016 at 10:30 AM
Missy Lenoir
I've been completely frozen on level 31 of the event formation for a few hours now. I've tried it on different platforms, rebooted my computer (which is a gaming computer built to play far beefier games) and at best can get to 14 mobs killed before the game refuses to progress. Someone else said in chat they too were frozen so I'd say highly unlikely it's on your end.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 10th 2016 at 11:10 AM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Missy: Are you using RoboTurkey? It's possible there is a bug related to him.

17 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 10th 2016 at 11:13 AM
Oort
The hitch lag is still there, but it seems to not be as noticeable in the starting stages - but even so, when i reach lvl 50 or higher it becomes pretty noticeable and gets progressively worse.

I to froze out at one point of the game. A message appeared and said something like "Error detected and submitted" during a level advance and didn't actually advance or send more enemies. I just reloaded the game and it cleared up.

44 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 10th 2016 at 11:23 AM
Last Edited June 10th 2016 at 11:25 AM
Missy Lenoir
Yes, he's in my lineup. I'll try to restart and remove him before it freezes again and see if that changes things.

*Yep, pulled him out of the lineup and am progressing again.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 10th 2016 at 11:56 AM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Missy: Thank you for the information. We'll try to get a fix for RoboTurkey in when we can.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 10th 2016 at 1:18 PM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Missy: If you refresh, you can use RoboTurkey again. Let us know if that fixed it.

301 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 10th 2016 at 4:48 PM
Vingummi
Still lags when killing monster or gives small spikes.

139 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 10th 2016 at 5:11 PM
Lisa Gordon
Erika, I too am experiencing really bad lag since the event or update came out. A run that should have been 6-6.5 hours took over 9 hours

I'm not on a terribly old laptop, running Win10, using chrome and have cleared all cache etc

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 10th 2016 at 5:56 PM
Raymond
that's not lag Lisa, that's an inherent non 30 seconds per area standard for the objectives of this event. you are used to otherwise and notice this.
what others are describing is a lag of some sort.

3 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 10th 2016 at 6:04 PM
KankiKeijo
Really? There was some additional Roboturkey lag that I didn't notice and it's fixed now? Okay, but hitch lag still remains.

139 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 10th 2016 at 6:05 PM
Last Edited June 10th 2016 at 6:08 PM
Lisa Gordon
actually raymond I am getting it in rp2 fp also

and in event fp not event objective

it is lag it is visible lag when monsters are killed there is a pause

189 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 10th 2016 at 7:40 PM
Last Edited June 10th 2016 at 9:26 PM
Azaryah
I think Lisa's talking about the same sort of lag i mentioned above - nothing to do with roboturkey because i don't even have roboturkey - that occurs on all objectives/freeplays/campaigns and has done for several weeks now. The person who started the thread pinpointed it to 'recent updates', someone on another thread pinpointed it to the update where missions were introduced, but i'm not entirely certain it hadn't started a bit before that.

Added note to maybe help pinpoint the cause: in the higher levels (high enough that the pausing is very noticeable, but not so high that i actually NEED my whole formation yet), the lag clears up if i remove everyone down to just one or two crusaders who are still insta-killing.

44 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 10th 2016 at 8:29 PM
Missy Lenoir
My RoboTurkey issues did indeed disappear, thanks.