Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Noticeable lag hitch since recent updates

8 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 11th 2016 at 6:23 AM
darkjova
Montana's ''he's got a gun, too'' ability, seems to reanimate each buff on all the crusaders each 5 secs, this tends to enhance the time glitch further as a side-effect

218 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 11th 2016 at 9:25 AM
FingerDemon
wonder if its a server issue... when I visit this CE forum, there is lag on loading each page element

189 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 11th 2016 at 4:42 PM
Last Edited June 11th 2016 at 4:52 PM
Azaryah
Update on lag issue, and clarifying what i'd written before Re:lag...

I mentioned the event since, because of it, i was perhaps paying closer attention than normal, but this was not meant to imply the lag occured only on the event objectives. This occurs on all objectives/freeplays/campaigns and has done for at least several weeks now, though i coudln't pinpoint exactly when it began.

I said that it was very noticeable by area 50 and postulated that it seemed to depend upon how many crusaders are unlocked and/or how many upgrades are bought. Upon further testing, it does not matter how many crusaders are unlocked or how many are on the screen, but it does depend upon unlocked abilities: full formation with no abilities bought - no lag; but as one buys more abilities - the lag becomes more and more noticeable.

After buying all abilities, reducing my formation to only one or two crusaders removes the lag. Eventually, though, i need my whole formation to continue the insta-killing, so that's only an option for a relatively short time.

The lag i'm referring to is mainly a pause with each kill. [It might also include the black wipe pausing on it's way across, which is sometimes quite a significant pause, but i'm not sure the two are related]. These pauses begin as tiny hitches you only notice if you are paying close attention, but are soon unmissable.

[By the way, i'm playing with the "low quality mode" activated, and this occurs even when using only original crusaders].

This doesn't seem to be just a visual thing - hence my previous question about the common wisdom of 100 areas taking about an hour.

Based upon his operating system, my computer is not as old as the original poster's, but it is not brand new either ... on the other hand, i have seen people claim this to be happening even on their newer game-optimized machines.

139 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 12th 2016 at 11:37 AM
Lisa Gordon
it also doesn't appear to be affecting everyone, a friend is having no lag issues at all

I usually do not have any noticeable lag but have crazy bad lag now

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 12th 2016 at 11:43 AM
Raymond
do the flash global settings storage by site delete idols... thing which you will see is perhaps in the hundreds of Megs and you will not have lag again for a while.
I do this every week

139 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 12th 2016 at 12:07 PM
Lisa Gordon
unfortunately, that does not fix this issue raymond - done many times and still a large lag

40 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 12th 2016 at 9:05 PM
Last Edited June 12th 2016 at 9:06 PM
Kanki Keijo
Nothing is ever wrong with the game, if you ask Raymond. Every suggestion anyone makes is bad for the game, if you ask him. Raymond is just a troll.

We all have different standars on what's fluid and smooth gameplay. For me frame rate should be smooth as a silk or it's not good enough. This game have serious performance issues PERIOD. Even Erika acknowledge them.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 12th 2016 at 9:20 PM
Raymond
You know, you sound like a total moron when you say 'nothing is ever...'
there was lag once, but it was computer related. http://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=11577
All the current lag I am outright stating must be computer related cause I am experiencing nothing at all wrong with the game on the many computers I use. I must be special or something. Not sure what Erika is referring to as there's is no lag here.

p.s. You are the one who actually is trolling by your butting in for no reason and your unwarranted personal attack against me Kanki and I hope the Devs perform the actions that they do for such violations of their forum rules and regulations.

139 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 12th 2016 at 9:52 PM
Lisa Gordon
I tested a few things tonight and the previous poster that said it seemed like it got worse the more abilities you buy was right (at least in my case) the more abilities bought the worse the lag - very noticeable if I buy drogons healing ability or montana's gun ability

there is lag the more abilities purchased but those 2 really slow it down

189 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 14th 2016 at 12:09 AM
Azaryah
Erika/Alyniana noted over on this other thread that a new version should have fixed things: http://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=12553#64315 and it seems to have done.

40 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 14th 2016 at 2:44 AM
Kanki Keijo
Yes, most of the performance problems seem to be fixed now. Thanks you devs.

17 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 15th 2016 at 11:42 PM
Oort
I moved my play onto a more modern laptop and had been experiencing better performance. Still saw the instakill hitches, but not as bad as on my pc. However after reading Kanki's post I saw that indeed, the instakill lag seems to be gone now.

Thank you devs!

189 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 16th 2016 at 1:43 AM
Azaryah
Don't normally use Robo-Rabbit, but am doing the Beauties and the Beasts objective and had no choice (for a clicker, anyway). Clicking using him really freezes up the game - same sort of lag previously discussed in this thread, but worse. But only occurs when clicking with him in formation. Won't be a problem for me after this objective, but thought i should mention it.