Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
New Event! Hermit's Premature Party

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2016 at 11:55 AM
Last Edited March 3rd 2016 at 12:26 PM
Erika/Alyniana

Starting today and continuing until March 14, Hermit's Premature Party is a rolling booze-up of epic proportions taking place in a party house, street parade, obligatory Irish pub, and ending in Blurry Drunk Land. It's a real place; we've been there. Plus it's all happening just in time to recover before the real St. Patrick's Day a few days later.

Included in this event:
- Two new Crusaders that swap with Detective Kaine and The Washed Up Hermit.
- Free play is once again accessible after recruiting both Crusaders.
- All three bonus objectives unlock after recruiting both Crusaders.
- Chests are available for event currency in the store until the event ends, if you don’t want to do Free Plays.

Check the in-game FAQ for more information on how to play the event!

Good luck!

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2016 at 2:11 PM
Teschio
I have to say, it's great to have so many events, but it feels kinda weird to have a new crusader that swaps with Kaine: he will be the first one to have TWO extra crusaders in his slot, while there are still 5 crusaders with no event counterpart...

65 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2016 at 2:32 PM
GoldenNewb!
Is there a golden epic card with any purchase (like the last couple of events)??????

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2016 at 3:09 PM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Teschio: We're offering gold choices. Everyone will have their swap soon enough. :)

-
@ GoldenNewb: Yes, the Golden Epic boosts Larry's Little Pockets formation ability.

62 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2016 at 3:42 PM
Roku
Thank you for the update. Larry's gold seems interesting for a lot of the formations.

13 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2016 at 5:24 PM
dragondino
What is this "smashed" crusader about?

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2016 at 5:26 PM
Erika/Alyniana
You're welcome Roku. :)

-

Dragondino, Kyle's first skill will give a random Crusader around him "drunk bubbles" and make them smashed, which is English slang for really drunk. Those Crusaders will then boost Kyle's second skill.

13 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2016 at 7:20 PM
dragondino
Oh...thats an interesting new mechanic.

119 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2016 at 10:19 PM
Smash10101
Kyle's first skill references Rocky the Rockstar rather than himself. Might want to fix that. Also, I really appreciate the homage, with naming the buff after me. Really, really honored.

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 4th 2016 at 12:55 AM
Golden Rain
OMG another event and the past one is not long away... again. So i´m outa here. This is Crusader and not Eventader

65 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 4th 2016 at 7:10 AM
GoldenNewb!
I have done the first 2 events to get the crusaders. Why is the idol payout at ~24 idols per hour?

119 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 4th 2016 at 9:51 AM
Smash10101
Are leprechauns human? Because I always thought they were magical marshmallow cereal faeries or something, but Emo seems to think Larry is human.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 4th 2016 at 2:33 PM
Last Edited March 4th 2016 at 2:35 PM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Smash: That typo is fixed if you reload the game. Larry is a Leprechaun, but he's also humanoid, like Wendy the witch.

-

@ Golden Rain: Sorry to see you go. Why didn't you like the events?

-

@ GoldenNewb: The Idol payout is however fast you can reset. Not every event formation will have awesome Idol numbers. Some are just for the challenge.

119 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 4th 2016 at 3:06 PM
Smash10101
Erika, by that logic, Emo, Sally, Prince Sal, Groklok, Drizzle and RoboSanta (and maybe Frosty) should all count as humans, since they're humanoids as well. Humanoid just means "shaped similarly to a human". Wendy is a witch, which depending on your source material, is just a human (usually female) possessed by the devil or otherwise has magical abilities. Leprechauns are a type of faerie from Irish folklore, not a human hit by a golden shrink ray. Calling a leprechaun human would be like calling a dwarf (mythical creature, not a person with dwarfism) human, and I wouldn't recommend that because dwarves are notorious for being grouch xenophobes.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 4th 2016 at 3:28 PM
Erika/Alyniana
That's the reasoning I was given, Smash.

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 4th 2016 at 3:34 PM
Golden Rain
@Erika/Alyniana: I´m leaving cause i´m tired of countless events. Since Xmas was there sooo many Events. I love an Event if its special, but at this point they aren´t special any more and it feels like devs had lost the spirit of Crusaders

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 4th 2016 at 5:21 PM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Golden Rain: Thank you for the info. Actually, events fit into Crusaders because they offer a mix up for Idol farming, and new Crusaders to play with, to entertain players while we work on the other features of the game.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 4th 2016 at 5:50 PM
Teschio
Erika, don't listen to him. Events are awesome, a nice break from usual idol farming. Besides, I don't understand how someone can hate events, since they are not mandatory... you don't like one, don't play on that event, that's pretty easy to do. They are just bonus content for players that like mixing things up a bit.

13 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 4th 2016 at 6:11 PM
dragondino
I agree with Teschio as well, events provide us with constant new content to play with while we wait for new updates. They let us have more choice so that we are not restrained t just the original crusaders (but they are still fun). This leads to more strategy and creativity and personalization(is this a word?). Don't stop the events please.

62 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 5th 2016 at 12:06 AM
Last Edited March 5th 2016 at 12:11 AM
Roku
I enjoy events. They're a fun break from the grind and new crusaders offer new strategies.

That said, I do understand the criticism. Oftentimes, the new event crusaders are unbalanced to the point that events feel like just a way to get people to buy Golden Epics. For example, Larry is so much better than Kaine (and I guess Monkey) that he's more of a complete replacement than a swap because they fill the same role. It's not like Natalie/Jack or Gryphon/Rocky, to name a few pairs, who have fairly different specialties. With considerably worse gear, Larry is already better than Kaine in every way on pretty much every map I would use either of them.

I know you guys have plans to fix this later, but another frustration is that event crusaders are limited-time only and so is their gear. I missed out on Pete and Monkey plus enough gear to get the achievements for RoboSanta/Sally due to poor RNG. They are both also completely useless due to lack of gear. It's not like I didn't try hard to get them gear either...but it's all RNG and I just ended up with a dozen repeats for Frosty/Rocky. I'm having a really hard time convincing my friends to start this game due to how much they will have missed. We all have a little bit of Sarah the Collector OCD in us.