Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Achievements

44 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 14th 2015 at 2:12 PM
Last Edited November 14th 2015 at 3:32 PM
Kenshin
Hey all. I was checking the achievements tab (you know, the chaotic purple ribbon one?!) and remembered that Erika had said in the past that reworking it is in their list. So I came up with the following idea, which is nothing great but would be nice since we would get some extra buffs and it would add a great deal of variety in our gaming experience.

Make each campaign have its own achievements! I was thinking the generic ones, like reach area 100/150/200/250/300/X for EACH campaign, as well as specific ones like:

(NOTE: THESE ARE MERELY RANDOM SUGGESTIONS)

"use a formation with X, Y, Z crusaders in freeplay and reset in level X"
"reset in under X minutes"
"gain X idols from resetting once in this campaign"
"gain a total of X idols from resetting in this campaign"
"reset using all of the crusaders" (meaning you need to reset quite a few times changing your formation each time a bit to make sure you include them all at least once)
"reset with all crusaders having X levels"
"reset with all crusaders having less than X levels"
"buy a total of X crusader levels across all runs"
"open a total of X chests across all runs"
"reset in level X without using a single buff/opening a single chest"
"get at least 1 EXP point in X number of crusaders"
"click X thousand times in a single run"
"reset after leveling up only a max of X crusaders"
"kill X number of monsters/bosses in a single run"
"kill X number of monsters/bosses in total"
"kill X number of monsters/bosses by clicking"
"spend a total of X online time in this campaign"
"spend a total of X offline time in this campaign"

or something like that. It's not game-breaking and it's meant for fun. The purpose is to give us goals so that we don't just mindlessly farm idols in free play but add variation in the formations we use, ***IF*** someone feels like completing any of the achievements. We don't *have* to do them, just like we don't *have* to complete the current achievements. However, I'm thinking that once someone unlocks ALL the achievements in a single campaign he should get a good reward. Like one of the following:

X rubies
X jeweled chests
X idols
Random epic gear(s)
Permanent X% buff to both DPS and gold in all campaigns (probably around 10%)
Permanent X% buff to DPS and/or gold for this campaign's free play ONLY (50% ?)
Permanent increase to silver chest drop rate for this campaign's free play ONLY

Devs could pick one of those, or we could have a "lucky wheel" kind of thing that includes all of the above and we get a random one. Note that each campaign should have something like 15-20 achievements (both generic and specific) so it would require putting quite a bit of effort into unlocking them all. It's not meant to be done in a couple of days/resets. If you think the rewards are OP, they are merely suggestions, I would love to hear more suggestions for both rewards and achievements! Needless to say that the Achievements tab interface would need some reworking and polishing as well, something like have expandable menus for each campaign instead of having them all listed randomly there.

What do you guys think?

66 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 17th 2015 at 3:04 AM
Varie
YES FOR ALL OF THEM

These are the best:
"reset in under X minutes"
"gain X idols from resetting once in this campaign"
"reset with all crusaders having X levels"
"reset with all crusaders having less than X levels"

That's what I thought of some weeks ago:
- collect 200/500/700 pieces of common/uncommon loot
- open 2000 chests (then 2500, 3000, 4000, 5000...)
- open 1000 (500? 750?) jewel chests
- hoard 500 silver chests (then 750, 1000...)
- hoard 1500/2500/4000 rubies
- kill 10 000 mobs just by clicking

Great minds think alike :)

44 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2015 at 9:05 AM
Kenshin
A user named zigmoond posted this on Kong, so I'm gonna post it here as well. I find it to be a really good idea:

"They should also add achievements like:
“Use X buffs in total” with rewards increasing the effect of the buff (like duration +10%)"

66 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 27th 2015 at 9:16 AM
Last Edited November 27th 2015 at 9:21 AM
Varie
One more suggestion: achievements for hoarding 5000-10000-15000-... rubies, each giving +1 (or +5%) rubies for each daily quest and/or +1% rubies for objectives.

Not really useful, but I'd like more hoarding achievements.

And for the developers: achievements for buying 25-50-100-125-... chests with USD.