Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Suggestions for the idol shop/talents

44 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 10th 2015 at 10:53 AM
Last Edited November 10th 2015 at 11:49 AM
Kenshin
So, let me start by saying I (for one) am EXTREMELY grateful for the "max buy levels" and "open X chests" buttons! It made idol farming so much faster..thanks!

So, I thought I'd open a thread where we all suggest something we'd like to see, and maybe the devs will pick one or two.

I have a suggestion for the talent tree, mainly for the new players that missed the carnival and Halloween events. I'd like to see the events in the shop, requiring 100 idols each to unlock. That way new players will be able to play them and get all the crusaders they missed. You could restrict it to have only the two objectives that unlock the Crusaders and exclude the ones that give event jeweled chests, though having them as well would be nice. Nothing gamebreaking, just making everyone be on equal ground (crusader-wise).

Another suggestion would be rewarding us for the amount of time playing. For example, there could be a passive skill tree that for X amount of idols will give us +X% gold for every hour we have played the game. Will really help older players to advance further.

How about a skill that increases chances at rare loot from silver chests? Or increased chance at jeweled chests? How about increased chance to get a silver chest from bosses? So many options!

Finally, how about a skill that lets you select a crusader, and it auto-levels him up when you get the gold? That way, those of us who do stuff while playing the game, can auto-level up our main DPS crusader without having to check back every 5 minutes. Will come in pretty handy when I'm at work :P

That's all I've come up with so far, I'm sure there are people with some good ideas out there, looking forward to see their posts.

24 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 10th 2015 at 2:32 PM
Anamatron
Just saying, but this thread would be better placed in the feature requests/suggestions page(http://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?forum_id=44).
Not sure if they're going to do the crusaders ones for a while, but I like the idea. It makes the holiday events a little less meaningful, but if they make it so that you can only get the gear from the events then I guess it's not so bad. It seems they're going to split it between Active Skills, Passive Skills, and Utility Skills. Since most of utility is already taken, I think they're going to just give talents to improve buffs(or provide an actual active talent) and some passive upgrades to DPS and/or GB. Basically what I'm saying is that when coming up with new talents, they should fit under the talent categories they have(unless they want to add/change the categories).
I have some ideas, but I think a lot of them are mentioned in the same suggestions page. The two talents they already added were from the suggestions page. There was an idea for a chest upgrade machine, exchanging some amount of idols and/or other silver chests to create a jeweled chest. Another idea was just new crusaders in general; so instead of having the chance to buy the old ones, you can purchase the new ones through the idol shop. For the Passive Skill, you could invest in a talent that reduces the crusaders levels required for an idol(e.g. 400 crusader levels instead of 500 per idol). I guess as for something in the Active Skill tree, there could be a buff that gives some bonus rubies after your next reset, regardless of whether you had an objective or not, to make free plays slightly more fulfilling than just for idols. Another talent would be to temporarily decrease the cost to lvl up a random(or all) crusader(s) by some percentage.

44 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 12th 2015 at 11:51 AM
Last Edited November 12th 2015 at 11:51 AM
Sarumaru
'How about a skill that increases chances at rare loot from silver chests? Or increased chance at jeweled chests? How about increased chance to get a silver chest from bosses? So many options!'

This is an idle game, it is meant to last long, you are not suppose to collect all if not most gears in a period of 3 months, sound like you are just complaining to me.

'Finally, how about a skill that lets you select a crusader, and it auto-levels him up when you get the gold? That way, those of us who do stuff while playing the game, can auto-level up our main DPS crusader without having to check back every 5 minutes. Will come in pretty handy when I'm at work :P'

Sound like you want to play the game without doing the work. Coming every 5 minute to upgrade is really hard for you so you want the whole game to change for a lazy person such as yourself.

Nice job posting this thread in this section instead of the 'suggestion', I guess you are just special.

44 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 12th 2015 at 12:47 PM
Last Edited November 12th 2015 at 2:24 PM
Kenshin
Sigh. Sorry Sarumaru, I still won't feed you. I guess this is my last reply to your childish reactions. Go find someone else to troll :/

@Erika, Anamatron was right, my bad for posting this here, can you please move it to the suggestions thread? Thanks :)

Edit: thanks Erika!

114 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 12th 2015 at 2:04 PM
Bluji
@Sarumaru:

"This is an idle game"
"you want to play the game without doing the work"

Isn't the very definition of idle 'not working or active'?

44 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 12th 2015 at 3:20 PM
Last Edited November 12th 2015 at 3:21 PM
Sarumaru
@Kenshin
I'm criticizing your idiotic ideas, if you do not want others to comment on your ideas, you should've wrote the ideas on a notepad and read them to yourself.

@Bluji
You have a point but idle games do have clicking elements like bush whacker and the active skills. If you want to play a game with pure idle only, that's fine. I don't think it is a good idea that the developers should invest their time to code a function where the game auto level a certain crusader because a player have a hard time leveling up every 5 minute.