Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Show us the Gold per Hour income

40 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 8th 2015 at 4:59 AM
Zeusinator
I'm currently doing the 360-objective and the game gets reaaaalllyyy stretched and so a little idea came to my mind: Could you show us the amount of gold we actually make in a certain level per hour? It would help me to foresee when I have to make the next break from work to level up. :-D

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 8th 2015 at 9:50 AM
Raymond
hold mouse over a delorean and multiply what you see by 2, or hold over a time turner and divide by 4.
of course that all assumes you don't advance a level in that whole hour, but even if they gave a number in some other way it couldn't do that either

9 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 8th 2015 at 10:59 PM
Sara Baerlocher
I think it would be helpful for a way to see what we make per hour when we do not have warps or other buffs.

I agree. It might be a bit helpful to have something that shows us what we make per hour at the current level we are at.

24 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 9th 2015 at 4:19 AM
Anamatron
They have a Gold gained in the last minute stat, which is basically gold per minute. All you do is multiply it by 60 and there you go. I would imagine it gives the same result as Raymond's suggestion, but hopefully it helps. Here's the image if you don't know where to find the stat: http://prntscr.com/90qvby

12 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 11th 2015 at 2:38 AM
Regnes
I've asked this before, and I see the same stinker responses as before.

1) The gold preview found by hovering over time warps are not your actual gold rates, but your offline rates. It also only accounts for passive DPS and not clicking damage.

2) The Gold Gained in the Last Minute stat is horrendously flawed. It fluctuates like mad which makes it impossible to get an accurate idea of what you're earning, and it never stabilizes, you could sit there for ages just watching it and it will still be jumping all over the place.

This is because it's not telling you the rate you're earning gold, it's literally just telling you what you gained in the past 1 minute, anything past that 1 minute mark does not exist, giving it a really small sample pool. Also gold is calculated only when you collect it instead of simply when it drops, which is just lazy programming.

4 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 11th 2015 at 9:45 PM
Tony
So let me see if I understand you correctly.

They made a stat called specifically "Gold Gained in the Last Minute" and you're upset because it tells you exactly what it says in the title?

It is not horrendously flawed in any way, it is coded perfectly. You might not like that stat, but they didn't do anything incorrect with the coding, it works exactly as it states it should be showing.

12 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 11th 2015 at 10:25 PM
Regnes
Straw Man argument, the stat does exactly what it says, as well as exactly what nobody wants it to.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 11th 2015 at 11:12 PM
Last Edited November 11th 2015 at 11:13 PM
Raymond
the game can't know what the amount you can earn in a certain level in one hour would be.
it just can't.
the 'delorean' method does work cause that is what you would earn in whatever time period as that is strictly based on a dps calculation, but you have to be logged out of the game.
the stat 'gold in last minute' is exactly that, 'gold in last minute' which is not a constant, the number of monsters spawned, and the number of those chesty things spawned and the number you whack is totally random (let lone if you level up any characters or move forward in the world), whether you are using a gold buff or a gold-o-rama also effects what you earned in the last little bit of time, and even moving your mouse over the gold effects it too, BUT the stat keeps track every second what you get and in a rolling fashion displays that actual number.

you can try to estimate what you would get in an hour if you like, or you can log out and get exactly what one tells you that you would get, your choice. and you can even do an experiment for yourself to see whether or not it's worth more to be logged in or logged out, just take one hour of your own time.

but they can't give you this number, and I'll hazard a guess that they won't even try to do it as it's an incalculatable thing.

4 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 12th 2015 at 1:09 AM
Last Edited November 12th 2015 at 1:17 AM
Tony
A straw man argument is when you make up the position of the other side and then argue against it.

In this situation, I read exactly what you wrote and then argued against it. You literally said both of the things I stated, you just used more words that I did in doing so.

upset because it tells you exactly what it says in the title = "This is because it's not telling you the rate you're earning gold, it's literally telling you what you gained in the past 1 minute"

and

i'ts not horrendously flawed in any way = "The golod gained in the last minute stat is horrendously flawed"

In the second example, I actually used your exact words.

If I had done a straw man arguement it would look something like this:

It appears you think this game is bad because there are not enough massive trucks in it. I think this game would actually be much worse if there were massive trucks in it, so that's a terrible idea.

See what I did there, I made up something you didn't say at all. That's a straw man argument, arguing against something the other side didn't say.

Now, given the course of this discussion, I find it highly likely that what you said and what you meant are not the same thing. What it appears that you mean is that you don't like this value that the codename team gave us and you would like a different one. If that's in fact what you mean, please state that rather than attacking the team's "lazy programming". Insulting the developers while stating something that isn't true at all "horrendously flawed" is not condusive to getting a good working relationship with them.

4 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 12th 2015 at 1:27 AM
Tony
And to Raymond Jerome:

The game doesn't have to know the exact amount you earned in the last hour. It actually can, but that wouldn't really be a good way to program it. The more efficient solution would be:

There is a process already running that spawns monsters, you can easily find the average spawn time that proces is creating. It appears they are doing something simiple like every 2 seconds spawn 1-4 monsters. In which case the average would be 2.5 monsters every 2 seconds. Then you can take the average gold dropped per monster. Rescale this value for 1 hour rather than 2 seconds and display it on the page.

This value won't fluctuate as it is just an equation based off averages of the current level. Therefore in a specific hour you might not get exactly what you calculate, however on a long timeline your average per hour gains will be pretty much identical to this value.