Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Lets design: Objectives

134 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 31st 2015 at 9:25 PM
thedude
How does this sound as an objective to you guys?

"Beating around the Bush"
(or, "Beating around the Shrubbery" if they want to continue the Monty Python motif.)
Beat level 100.
All crusaders except the Bush Whacker do zero damage.
All support abilities still work.

So, for example, the panda would still multiply your gold, and Sasha's Bulwark would still increase Bush Whacker's damage per click by 40%, but Panda and Sasha would both have 0 DPS.

As this objective would require probably about a full hour or more of constant attention, I would recommend a fairly high payout.

I feel that this would be an interesting shift in game play, requiring us to keep mousing up to the screen, then down to the crusaders, then back up to the screen to keep from being overrun.

80 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 3rd 2015 at 6:53 AM
KeySer87
You do realize bush got ZERO DPS, and all buffers boost DPS and not click dmg.

134 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 3rd 2015 at 9:13 AM
thedude
Well, that shows you how much I use Bush Whacker. I do think that is lazy design.

134 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 4th 2015 at 10:36 PM
thedude
Another one I thought of.

"You should be studying!"
(This is based off of a recent scientific paper that shows that studying is most effective when done in 15-20 min chunks with a 5 min break in between.)
Beat level 150.
You can only provide input for 5 min out of every 20.

When you launch this mission, a green timer on top counts down 5 minutes; while this timer is running, you can play the game as normal. After it counts down to zero, auto progress is engaged if it isn't already, and a red timer begins from 15 minutes. During this, you can not do anything. No upgrading, changing crusaders, or rearranging your formation. No chests, boosts, or abilities.

I don't know how this would play, but I think it would be interesting to try.

11 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 5th 2015 at 10:42 AM
~Woopsi
I mean, it would be cool and all for an objective but, then i think they'll have to increase the Click dmg for BW on only that objective. And you would just Get every DMG buffs from other crusaders to allign with BW. But

And it should be at Level 50 That the other Crusaders do 0% DPS and the objective is to beat level 100! :)

But then again you'd have to Farm level 50 or 49 if you get tired to get Nate to 150 to reset and pick another objective! ^^;

24 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 6th 2015 at 11:12 PM
Last Edited November 6th 2015 at 11:12 PM
NoOneOnEarth
'Turning the Tables'
(Objective at World's Wake)
- Beat level 200
- The formation shape is reversed, i.e. 1-2-3-4 instead of 4-3-2-1

'Show 'em Who's Boss!'
(Objective at Descent into Darkness)
- Beat level 350
- Only boss levels are available (you are directed to level 5 instead of level 1 at the start of the objective, and will progress only through levels 5, 10, 15, 20 and so on)

'Reginald's Rival'
(Objective at Ghostbeard's Greed)
- Beat level 250
- A rival monarch occupies a formation slot; if there are any crusaders placed adjacent to the monarch, all crusaders receive a 50% DPS reduction debuff. When there are no crusaders next to him, all crusaders receive a 30% DPS increase buff instead.
- The monarch rearranges himself every 10 levels.

'The Evil Within'
(Objective at Descent into Darkness)
- Beat level 150
- A sinister mirror occupies the whole middle row.
- When a crusader is placed in a formation slot, his/her reflection will appear at the other side of the mirror. The crusader's reflection occupies that slot as long as that crusader is in the formation.
- The crusader's reflection deals HPS (heal per second, to monsters that is) instead of DPS. The base HPS of the crusader's reflection is 1/3 of that crusader's current DPS (after receiving buffs).
- Any DPS buffs received by the reflection will buff his/her HPS. A crusader's reflection has no buffing skills.

11 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 7th 2015 at 4:20 AM
~Woopsi
I Really liked the Turning the tables and Reginalds Rival Suggestions, Sound like tons of fun, But the other 2 Seems a bit Sketchy and hard to Perform or get into the game. Maybe simplify them a bit or?

134 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 7th 2015 at 9:20 AM
thedude
I think you need to rethink Evil Within. If the mirror takes up 3 slots, and each crusader takes 2, you only get 3 crusaders, each at 2/3 power.

Maybe do it on Ghostbeard, with the mirror vertically in the middle. Your crusaders get the front 5 spots, the reflections the back five, and if anybody on your side has buffs that reach the reflections, it decreases their HPS, rather than increase it.

The other three I love.

24 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 7th 2015 at 9:56 AM
NoOneOnEarth
Admittedly placing Evil Within at diamond is to make the theme of the objective match the theme of the world, but your suggestion is better.