Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Lets design: Crusaders

134 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 29th 2015 at 12:01 PM
thedude
So, I am currently doing some idol/candy farming, and am a bit bored. When I get bored, I start thinking, (and that is always dangerous,) and this time I started thinking about new crusaders.

The first one I thought of was "The Archer." Because archers have, historically, had little to no armor or close in weapons, the special ability could be "ranged attack" where they get a 75% boost for every full rank in front of them. This would make them more effective in some formations than others, but that is already true of several crusaders. This could easily be used as a holiday special by changing his name to "Cupid the Archer," and making the sprite a kid in a diaper.

Anybody else have any ideas? The more complete the better! Again, Codename Entertainment is free to use my ideas with no claim by me.

80 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 29th 2015 at 10:46 PM
KeySer87
thedude: Event crusaders will never be usable as DPS in the long rong, even if it got a good dps/gold ratio and good upgrades, since it very fast will be lacking in EP.

134 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 29th 2015 at 11:07 PM
thedude
That is, indeed, currently true. However, as several people have complained about it, and if it remains as it is there will be no point to getting the event crusaders, I fully expect the Dev's to do something about it in the near to middle term.

It could be Rodney's idea of ep being slot assigned rather than crusader specific, or they could start adding event loot to regular chests after a set time, or they could make it so we could purchase a random event chest by paying a largish number of silver chests, plus rubies, plus possibly idols. I don't know what they are going to do, but if they don't do something, you will see people leaving the game a good deal earlier than they would have.

134 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 31st 2015 at 9:44 PM
Last Edited October 31st 2015 at 10:50 PM
thedude
Here is another idea. "Copycat." Swaps with the Gryphon.
When you unlock this crusader, you manually place him on the field. If the first place you drop him has a crusader on it already, he copies that crusader's ability list. He still maintains the basic gold/DPS per level that he had, and the ability's unlock at the same levels, but this would allow you to have, for example, 2 Roar!s going at once. Or, if you have Jack O'Lantern on point, you could have Khouri and Copycat behind him, both healing him at 30% per second.

Edit to add: to prevent it from completely breaking the game, limit Copycat to copying crusaders below it unlock order. This prevents it from giving you double Pandas, or getting the Reset much faster.