Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
3 Possible Game Upgrades.

134 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 26th 2015 at 11:44 PM
thedude
I love playing this game; however, I had some thoughts on ways to improve it, and would like to float them by the Dev team, and maybe get the community’s input on them.

The first thing I want to ask is that I would like a better overview of each of my crusaders. Currently, when you hover your mouse over the character portraits, it just displays the special ability of the character. We also get the exact same readout if we hover over the special ability immediately under the portrait. I would recommend creating an overview box that appears when hovering over the portraits. It could include character name, HP, base DPS including enchantments and idols, current in-formation DPS (if active), total formation DPS/gold boost provided by character, and special ability. For an example:

Dark Gryphon 1.97K HP
Base DPS: 23.3 Sd
Formation DPS : 1.98O
Total Boosts: 30%DPS 0%Gold
Crusaders in the column in from of Dark Gryphon take 65% less damage

A second idea I had was “chest upgrade machine.” It would allow you to upgrade regular chests to jeweled chests, for a cost. Instead of only being able to buy a jeweled chest for 100 rubies, allow us to spend, for example, five silver chests, 25 rubies, and two idols to get one jeweled chest. In order to prevent abuse, I would increase the idol count by one each time the machine is used, and decrease it by one for every continuous 48 hours it is not used to a minimum of two.

My third (and longest) thought is to make rubies more useful. Make it so they can do other things than just purchase chests.
-The first way you could do this is to use them to upgrade boosts. If you open a chest and it drops a common boost, you could use one ruby to upgrade it to an uncommon, if it drops an uncommon, you could use three rubies to upgrade to a rare, or five rubies to upgrade a dropped rare to an epic.
-A second idea is equipment redraw. If you open a chest, and you get a duplicate piece of equipment, the enchant button still appears; however, under it is a second button, it allows you to spend five rubies to redraw the card. It will always provide a different piece of equipment of the same rarity. It will allow us to concentrate slightly better on crusaders that we actually use.
-A third possibility would be “swap splitting.” While having the event characters swappable with normal characters is a mechanic I like, you could make an option where we could spend 25 rubies to separate one pair for the current run. That way, if we are going for, say, the level 2000 event, we could have both Kaine and The Monkey in our formation, allowing us to get gold slightly faster. As soon as we choose to reset, the split is repaired, and they go back to being swappable.

Now, if they do decide to go with this idea, rubies would need to be slightly more achievable; for example, after reaching level 150 on free play, bosses have a 25% chance of dropping 1 ruby the first time they are defeated in addition to the chests they drop. This would have the added benefit of encouraging deeper free plays, and help keep players interested longer. Furthermore, I would recommend not selling normal jeweled chests for cash, and instead selling rubies. Normal jeweled chests would then be purchased for rubies. Event chests would still be for cash/tickets. If they do decide to go with this, it would make the game easier to monetize, without much of a negative impact on the player base. People who want to spend cash can keep upgrading, redrawing, and splitting all day long, while those of us who want a free game can make small ruby transactions occasionally while saving up for jeweled chests.

Thank you for your time, and I would love to hear what everyone thinks of my ideas. If Codename Entertainment decides to use any of my ideas, they are free to do so with no claim by me.

24 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 27th 2015 at 12:11 PM
Anamatron
1st idea: It's not a bad idea, but if you hover over the Lvl Up or Recruit button next to the crusader's portrait, you already see the crusader's base DPS, and you can already see the special positional buffs they have in the formation itself. HP is already displayed, as well as formation DPS. Putting it all in one overview of sorts would be fine, but it's not absolutely needed since a lot of this information is accessible one way or another atm.

2nd idea: Chest Upgrade is also nice, but they still have yet to implement the ability to upgrade idols. If you click on the tab that has a bag on it and look at your idols, there's still a disabled button that says "Upgrade". It means they've been wanting to do it, but they just need more time before they can do it. There are some people who basically have all the epics they want, and only have the endgame left. They're trying to come up with more content for them so they can keep playing(at least i would imagine so by the new events they've made).

3rd idea: Basically the same reply as to the 2nd idea; it's a nice idea, but it'll take a long time for them to fully implement all of the things you stated. To use rubies as a currency in this way, they would have to change how they market their in-game items, among all the different mechanics like your equipment redraw, which would take quite a while.

Overall, 2nd idea and 3rd idea are good ideas(2nd one being the better of the two), I just think it'll take quite a long time before they do these.

83 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 27th 2015 at 1:30 PM
Luukkaah
Make rubies more useful is great but your suggestion are bad... need to find more way to earn rubies, its pretty long when you have completed all objectives...

All orthers ideas are bad... Sorry...

Swap splitting = 25 rubies (not permanent)
and
Upgrade rare into an epic (permanent) = 5 rubies

Please let me know WHAT is your logic dude??????

24 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 27th 2015 at 2:07 PM
Anamatron
The cost for those actions will obviously change, I think it's more of the general idea behind them that the OP wanted feedback on.

80 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 27th 2015 at 4:18 PM
KeySer87
If u looking at how often you get epic in jewled chest, and how often u get jewled chest by upgrade, and how much rubies u get a day, you problem looking at atleast over 5k-10k rubis for rare to epic.
Why?
The reason is down below:

Since 1/10 jeweled chest got epic trinekt or gear. And there is only really 4 you wanna aim for dubble solo dps on hermit or emo, and both gold items.
so it 4/64 possible outcoms, so 1/16.
With the epic chance it's 160 jewled chests. Or equal to 200 USD.
Post by KeySer87 deleted October 27th 2015 at 4:18 PM

134 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 28th 2015 at 1:19 AM
Last Edited October 28th 2015 at 1:33 AM
thedude
Luukkaah, saying something is bad is easy. I would love to hear any ideas you have.

To both you and KeySer, if you can go back and read my post, you will notice that the upgrade option is specifically stated as only affecting boosts, not equipment. Hence the reason it is not nearly as expensive as swap splitting. It is not permanent; it lasts an absolute maximum of 30 minutes.

Anamatron; I don't think the first two ruby uses I described would take that much time to implement, there is already a pause and a button when you get a duplicate item, all they would need to do is put in a second button that tells it to draw another item. The bosses at higher levels could be dropping rubies by tomorrow if the decided to go with that. The only really complicated part would be the swap splitting and the complete overhaul of the monetization system of the game, and they really don't need those just to test out the concept.

24 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 28th 2015 at 8:24 PM
Last Edited October 28th 2015 at 8:32 PM
Anamatron
When it comes to coding, not everything is as simple it as it seems. For example, when it comes to your equipment redrawing... Would just like to ask some q's about how you want it to work.
1. You say that the redraw button should be underneath the enchant button. Would they then have to extend the card size in order to fit that button inside, or should they simply reduce the Enchant size by half and then fit in a Redraw button?
2. If you do redraw, how should the animation look? Or would there even be an animation for it at all?(There could also be a potential bug here where you might not even see the card and it'll automatically be equipped/absorbed when you redraw)
I could go on, but I hope you see what I mean; even if the coding wouldn't take that long, they still would need to take the time to determine which option is the best one when it comes to layout and fix all the bugs that might come after it. They would need to figure out how much it would cost to redraw, since anything concerning rubies would need to be deeply considered in order for the quality of USD to Rubies to stay relatively the same. They would have to decide whether they should scale the costs based on the quality of that equipment or just have one high ruby price for it all.
If you can fully flesh out these kinds of ideas for them, then I think it would definitely be an idea they'll consider(with positive community feedback). For the time being, they'll just work on what they've already planned on doing for the game.

134 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 29th 2015 at 12:45 AM
thedude
1) Unless I am seriously misremembering, the enchant button is below the card already. no need to change any sizes, just put a new button below the old. (I am currently on free play, and am not wasting a chest just to check on that.)

2) If I was designing it; the card flips back to face down, then back to face up with the new equipment on it. At this point, it would only have one button under it, either equip if it is new, or enchant if it is a duplicate.

I would be interested in knowing how the cards are drawn now. It could be every card is selected from every single possible result, with some probability weights. Or it could be that the cards are first selected as type (trinket, boost, equipment, gold) then rarity, and then it selects from the table of that type. Or it could be some combination or order alteration. Of the two I listed, if it uses the second method, it would be relatively simple to get it to pick from the same table again. Simply doing that, however, could lead to the incredibly annoying chance of doing a redraw and winding up with what you just sent away.

I do fully expect anything that they do to take time, and don't expect to see any motion on any of these ideas to happen next month, or even the next six months. All I wanted to do was put the ideas in the back of the Devs' minds so that they could draw inspiration from it when they go forward with the game.

I really do feel that, even if everything else is ignored, the boost upgrade, the equipment redraw, and bosses that drop the occasional ruby would make the game a good deal more interesting.

24 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 29th 2015 at 2:49 AM
Last Edited October 29th 2015 at 2:51 AM
Anamatron
My bad; the button itself is not in the card itself. Thought it was, but yea I checked to make sure.

Maybe if the devs don't answer on here on how they are drawn, you could post a thread under general discussions to see if you can get an answer. They could adjust it so that you won't be able to redraw the same item again. Storing a boolean and integer(or string) variable within a loop would be required to ensure that you can get something different. I would imagine to some degree that would be the coding structure, but I have pretty limited knowledge in coding in general.

I was just making sure you understand that it takes time to create it, since in your previous post you said the following: "I don't think the first two ruby uses I described would take that much time to implement". Unless you know what goes on in the devs' lives and know what they know, you can't really determine how long it will take them to complete these tasks.

Like I said when I saw your original post initially, your 2nd and 3rd ideas are, in my opinion, good ideas. They'll help improve the overall quality of the game, but it will just take time for them to do it. Not even sure if they've already been working on it or not lol, but hopefully they'll be added into the game to some extent at least in the future.

41 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 30th 2015 at 11:45 AM
Karen Barello Swearingin
i'd pay rubies to swap split. heck that would make guys' night out and beauty and the beasts much easier than it is now. would give us a coupe more crusaders to work with ;)

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 30th 2015 at 2:34 PM
Last Edited October 30th 2015 at 2:36 PM
Raymond
sorry guys, butthe Developers consider the 20 crusaders x 3 equipment slots x 4 kinds (common, uncommon, rare and epic) to be the same as baseball cards. This is exactly the same as the random choice of the 17 daily repeatable quests in BW2, and other things they do.
When you buy a pack of baseball cards you are not guaranteed to get no cards that you already have.

one great simulator of the math/randomness and display of results for a small number n 25 or less is the following great site:
http://www.math.uah.edu/stat/apps/CouponCollectorExperiment.html

make n=k=some number you are interested in like 6, scroll down the table below the bell curve to see how long on average it would take someone to have all n of the things occur.

134 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 31st 2015 at 6:23 AM
thedude
I'm not exactly sure what you are getting at Raymond. I think you are saying something against the equipment redraw? There are 60 pieces of equipment at any given level. With the redraw, it would still be a (nearly) random selection from the remaining 59 pieces. You are still not guaranteed anything.