Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Not going to spend more money on this game...

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 26th 2015 at 10:51 AM
Aitch3
and might stop playing before long.

I spent some money on jeweled chests for both events. I like to support the game creators financially when I can, and the events are a good time to do that.

But this event I bought the 15 jeweled chest pack, opened all the chests, and got no epic gear. I think I got an epic Click Damage trinket, which is only slightly less useless than the cool down trinkets.

So, unless I manage to get lucky and get a bunch more jeweled chests from the ever slow free play grinding of the event, I won't have any epics on the new characters.

And currently, they will never get any more enchantment points. So they will just get worse and worse compared to the other crusaders.

So, basically I spent my money to get some time warps and trinkets. Totally not worth it.

Unless the devs implement some of the suggestions that people have been asking for, and some that they say they are going to do, such as the idol shop, and the CD trinket fix, I will not provide any more money to this game, and quite likely will stop playing it altogether.

I want all the characters to remain relevant and I want some way to buy or upgrade the gear that they get. I'm tired of getting only week old ham for the werewolf!

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 26th 2015 at 1:36 PM
Raymond
there's the door, goodbye.
but honestly, don't you understand randomness?
one does not pay to overcome the randomness.

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 26th 2015 at 1:47 PM
Aitch3
I truly do understand randomness. I understand that not getting an epic gear out of 15 chests can happen.

What really gets me is that there is no way to improve the crusaders you get from events when the event is over. So, if you spend money on those chests, you are more or less tossing it away.

If they implement ways to keep all crusaders relevant, then it wouldn't be an issue.

But hey, don't bother reading the entire rant before commenting on it.

80 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 26th 2015 at 3:34 PM
KeySer87
Aitch3: You seem to get about an epic trinket or gear in 1/10 normal jeweled, i think the rate should be same for event chest. So not that unlike to get a bit unlucky like you.

3 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 26th 2015 at 4:38 PM
Crihten
Really not sure why the need to bash him for posting his feelings. It's a legitimate concern and you bashing him isn't going to help him stay. He's right, he paid $20 or whatever currency and now feels like he wasted the money. In my opinion he's right, if you purchase a chest you should have a higher chance of getting an epic. Especially with the events that roll around once a year. I've spent money on the game on kongregate and now on steam. I had a lot better luck on steam with around 15 or 20%. On Steam I've had less than 8% and it's very disheartening to the point where I won't be making any more purchases. I've gotten 3 epic items and 3 epic trinkets out of 80 jeweled.

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 27th 2015 at 7:39 AM
Aitch3
Even in games like Hearthstone, a free to play online CCG from Blizzard, chances are you won't get the exact card you want from a pack. But it has a system that will allow you to get what you want.

A system like that is what is missing from this game. Unless they add in a system like that, it won't be worth putting in any more money.

That's the point I was trying to get at, I probably could have phrased it a bit better.