Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Allow Spawn Speed Buffs for time based objectives

273 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 21st 2015 at 10:21 AM
TsukasaWM
So, I've been saving said buffs up to attempt the "Get me out of here" objective only to start it and find out that they're not allowed. I get it, we don't want things to be too easy but the time limit is so tight. There's no real difference between using spawn speed buffs to make this easier and using Gold/DPS buffs to make the beat 'x' area objectives. At the very least let me spend some rubies to unlock the ability to use buffs.

114 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 21st 2015 at 12:10 PM
Matt Silva
I understand your reasoning but please don't make it too easy. the 80 minute run is doable in about 74 minutes with zero buffs. Did "X" as well with no buffs. can't remember how long it is definitely tougher. but achievable. if you can finish all objectives too soon, what will you do next? quit?

Just my 2 cents

273 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 21st 2015 at 12:48 PM
TsukasaWM
I'm not saying change the amount of time. Keep it at 80 mins, that way people that want the challenge still have it. But for some of us with crappy computers the lag makes it near impossible. Even without lag, for those that are busier it can be hard to find 80 straight minutes to focus on just doing 1 objective. It's also a bit frustrating in that when you check the list of objectives it doesn't say those buffs are not allowed. It's only until after you start it that you find out.

83 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 22nd 2015 at 5:07 AM
Luukkaah
LOL I've planned the same thing, to use spawn speed buff for this objective... But I understand that many people already completed it without the buff.. I think its more a question of egality than if it should or not ?!

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 22nd 2015 at 8:08 AM
Aitch3
It would also be nice if the pause for chests actually paused your timer, but it doesn't so you lose a few minutes because of that. My last attempt I was about 20 seconds shy of completing it...

80 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 23rd 2015 at 3:11 PM
KeySer87
It's ment that 80 min objective is supposed to be very hard.
The time is set after not having the spawn speed buffs. If they allowed the spawnspeed buffs, they would have to rebalance it first to somewhere between 50-70 min instead.

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 25th 2015 at 12:41 AM
Own
It's impossible at it is if your browser / flash player is laggy enough.

273 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 25th 2015 at 6:16 AM
TsukasaWM
" they would have to rebalance it first to somewhere between 50-70 min instead."

Except they wouldn't. They can leave it at 80 mins. Those that want the challenge can choose not to use buffs.

51 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 25th 2015 at 6:20 AM
xandryyte - Terri
Borrow a friend's laptop or something... I had to do that to make both speed runs - the Carnie being the other.

80 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 25th 2015 at 9:01 AM
KeySer87
TsukasaWM: But it supposed to be that hard, If u can't handle it... Well. that sad..
But if they would allow spawn buffs, the time on it would also change.
Since it balanced to be HARD.

273 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 25th 2015 at 10:30 AM
TsukasaWM
It's hard due to an arbitrary game mechanic. One that isn't really fair to people with less time to commit to the game, or with lessor computers. It's blowing my mind how many people are against a game change that literally has 0 affect on their own game, that they'd be 100% in complete control over and would only serve to help and make the objective more obtainable for more people. It's worth a whole 200 rubies, that's not providing any major advantage towards people that had an easier time getting it done. By your same argument I should should be upset about people having access to dps damage buffs now because that makes boss levels "too easy"

80 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 25th 2015 at 2:11 PM
KeySer87
TsukasaWM: No not at all, that's another case.
That objective was made before the spawnspeed buff was made, that wasn't the bosses or the dps buffs.

But that spawn speed buff change the rule of the objective, so they would either disable them, like they did. Or change the time you have to comeplete it. It's made superhard, since it supposed to be that, you have to pick up everysingel drop by hand, else you wont make it, you have to be 100% active, since thats the goal of the objective in a way.