Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Gear improvement and enchantment levels.

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2015 at 8:23 AM
Aitch3
This is a great game. I'm enjoying it immensely and I would like to see it keep growing.

I am suggesting a mechanic that will allow you to spend enchantment levels to improve your gear. When you get duplicate gear, it enchants your character. The amount of enchants is based on the rarity of the gear: White is 1, green is 2, blue is 3, and purple is 4. So, to me it would seem reasonable that you should be able to spend those enchantment levels on improving gear, but at a different rate, I would suggest 2 enchantment levels to buy a white, 4 for green, 6 for blue, and 8 for purple. But you would have to buy them in order, so to get a purple from nothing, you would have to spend 20 enchantment levels.

Now this could be paired with one or two other mechanics to keep it from getting out of hand.

First Option: In order to do the equipment improvement you need to get a special item from completing a quest, the higher the item upgrade, the harder the quest. I think this would be nice, as it would be another incentive to having and doing repeatable quests, a bit more interesting than free play.
Second Option: You have to spend Idols to do it. I'm not sure how they plan to have people spend idols, but I would guess that 0 for a white, 20 for a green, 50 for a blue, and 100 for a purple might be good.

So this way, you wouldn't have to rely on pure luck to get what you want, you can work towards a goal.

Also, having chests that slightly skew towards the characters with the least enchantment levels and gear might be nice, that way you won't be stuck with characters that never seem to get equipment.

114 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2015 at 9:47 AM
Bluji
"having chests that slightly skew towards the characters with the least enchantment levels and gear might be nice, that way you won't be stuck with characters that never seem to get equipment."

Well, err, this doesn't sound fun. For example, my Princess has only 4 enchantment points, but she doesn't need any more. I wouldn't want her to receive any more of them, because then those would kinda go to waste.

6 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2015 at 10:00 AM
SayItWithYoNips
I like the idea of spending enchantment points to "level up" gear. It seems reasonable to me.

83 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 17th 2015 at 9:33 AM
Luukkaah
I dont like the idea of spending enchant point for gear... if so I'll get all epic right now (if its cost 20). Its a bad idea, and I have 250 chest unopen...

The thing I like here its the amount of enchantment point you get based on rarity... Its frustrate when you get a rare and you already have...

common = 1 enchant
uncommon = 2 enchant
rare = 3 enchant
epic = 4 enchant

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2015 at 9:17 AM
Aitch3
Luukkaah, That is currently how enchants work. If you press p to open the play log after getting a piece of gear disenchanted, it will tell you how many enchantment levels it provided. I was guessing on Epic, I don't think I've had one of those disenchant before.

And yes, having it be spend just enchantment points, it would be very easy to max gear. That's why I put in the other two requirements. But ultimately it would only matter if they decide to try and implement some thing like this.

I just want to see a way I can improve my gear without hoping to be lucky and spending ridiculous amounts of $$$.