Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
This is how to fix the Gold Per Minute stat

12 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 11th 2015 at 1:05 AM
Last Edited October 11th 2015 at 1:05 AM
Regnes
Didn't know it was broken to begin with? Well it is. It's really great that you actually tried to implement tracking of this stat, but it's just really not useful for three reasons.

First, it's tracking gold you gained in the last minute regardless of whether you just switched areas. This makes it difficult to get an average since it's jumping all over the place.

Second, it requires you to wait for a minute or two while it begins to average out, and even then it fluctuates all over the place because of variables in monster spawn rate and the occasional chest coming to take a big giant dump all over everything.

Third, it's updated when you collect gold, and not when the gold becomes available on the field. This is bad because it forces you to sit there idle not touching anything, one slip up and you've ruined everything and have to wait another 1-2 minutes for it to average out again.

The solution, make gold per minute reset to 0 everytime you switch areas, and don't calculate gold when it's calculated, we don't need that, it's a silly way of doing things. Monster spawn rate is fixed, gold per monster is fixed, DPS is fixed, if these are static then there is no reason you can't project our earnings. Just calculate how many monsters we will kill in a minute and multiply that by the gold value, viola, an accurate gold per minute.

This would be really useful to players so we can project when we should be able to make our next advancement. This is an idling game, it only makes sense to give us the resources to make more efficient use of our idling.

15 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 12th 2015 at 10:36 AM
TomTom
Just a short question:
Where do you see a Gold Per Minute stat?

80 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 12th 2015 at 2:28 PM
KeySer87
At the stat page.

15 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 12th 2015 at 2:47 PM
TomTom
That´s no gold per minute, thats a "gold gained in last minute". Don´t get me wrong, i would totally support a GPM stat (maybe below/above the "Gold Bonus"), but i think the Name "Gold Gained In Last Minute" is pretty self-explanatory and most likely working as intended.

12 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 12th 2015 at 10:06 PM
Regnes
I can't fathom how that could possibly be working as intended. I know you said you're with me, but the whole thing about the wording is just making excuses. It's a gold per minute stat, no ifs ands or buts, it's meant to gauge your gold production, and it doesn't do it very well sadly.

15 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 13th 2015 at 6:06 AM
TomTom
I agree, that it doesn´t represent your gold production very well, but i can´t shake the feeling, that the wording was chosen intentionally.
Either way, if its not broken it does not need fixing, but instead it needs a change. As it is now, it is not as useful as it could be.

1 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2015 at 11:26 AM
dkfenger
First, you don't have to wait 1-2 minutes to stabilize the results if you pick up some gold. You only have to wait 5-6 seconds for auto-pickups to start again.

Second, the value you want is already displayed - mouse over the warp buffs and divide the deLorean tooltip amount by 30.

15 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2015 at 12:24 PM
TomTom
"... the value you want is already displayed - mouse over the warp buffs and divide the deLorean tooltip amount by 30."
That´s not your online GPM though, thats idle GPM afaik.