Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Weight gear you don't have yet more heavily in special event chest drops

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 6th 2015 at 10:47 PM
rahaeli
The last FIVE carnival chests I've opened have contained the same piece of gear for Mister the Monkey as their only gear. Given the rate at which carnival tickets are earned, it's now mathematically impossible for me to get both the "get gear in all three slots" achievements for the two carnival crusaders before the event ends without paying you money. I have zero objections to paying money to support the game -- and I have -- but I won't do it because you've made it impossible to complete something without paying.

I am, unsurprisingly, very frustrated.

If future events are going to have a "fill all gear slots" achievement, special event chests should HEAVILY prioritize gear for a slot you don't already have filled. I'd even go so far as to say that special event chests should weed out duplicate gear until you've filled all the gear slots.

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 7th 2015 at 7:43 AM
Aitch3
Yeah, this is pretty obnoxious. I bought some carnival chests, because I wanted to support the game, but if I can't get good equipment in every slot, and if there won't be a way to get better equipment for the 2 new characters in the future, they will most likely lose playability. And that would lead me to believe that it would behoove me to not spend any money on this game ever again, because it will just be a waste.

I agree that the event chests should be modified as rahaeli suggests.

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 8th 2015 at 4:39 PM
Last Edited October 8th 2015 at 4:46 PM
rahaeli
Oh my God, I just got the same piece of gear for the SIXTH time.

Seriously, the more I think about this, the more annoyed I get. I don't mind a bit of luck and randomness in things, but making an event impossible to complete if the random number generator doesn't smile upon you is really poor planning. I was enjoying the Carnival at first, but now I'm just irritated and disappointed by it. There isn't even any motivation for me to continue playing it as opposed to playing the regular objectives: there's literally no way for me to win it, so why should I bother?