Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Why are equipment and enchants so worthless most of the time?

12 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 4th 2015 at 5:05 PM
Last Edited October 5th 2015 at 2:13 PM
Regnes
Let's face it, most of the gear in this game is terrible and serves no purpose. It's really frustrating opening up a jeweled chest and finding yet another epic that contributes exactly nothing to anybody's arsenal.

Sasha has two pieces of epic gear increasing her damage by 200% a piece, why? She has zero DPS potential. Same goes for a lot of characters, nobody uses Kain, Panda, or Princess as their DPS, so why would they have damage increasing gear?

Most of the special ability gear is also worthless, anything that reduces cool downs is worthless because you're guaranteed to cap out at 50% with or without it via trinkets.

The only equipment anybody ever wants is +DPS to all and +Gold Bonus gear. The only time anybody is ever excited to see +Damage gear is if that crusader is actually meant for DPS, like the Hermit or Werewolf. Otherwise it's literally garbage.

Same goes for enchants, only DPS characters benefit from enchants. Every time I see the Panda get yet another enchant, I die a little inside.

The solution: We need more thought put into equipment and enchants, make stuff that is actually useful. Replace all that worthless gear and give us something that makes the crusader special in some way. Enchants would be better if they enhanced an attribute specific to each character, like some would see increased damage, maybe some would enhance special abilities, or others gold increase, something that makes it worthwhile in some way to somebody. Because right now there's zero justification for how bad this system is.

24 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 5th 2015 at 1:01 PM
joebalordo
I think it is like drawing a card: sometimes you get a lucky one, sometimes not. So, sometimes you get a new enchantment for Jim, and sometimes for Panda: the first is lucky the second is not: it's like the game goes

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 5th 2015 at 2:02 PM
Last Edited October 5th 2015 at 2:02 PM
Raymond
no his point is that some abilities for person x make no sense at all for that person

24 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 5th 2015 at 4:36 PM
joebalordo
Yes I got it, maybe the solution he has suggested is possible

"Replace all that worthless gear and give us something that makes the crusader special in some way"

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 7th 2015 at 7:51 AM
Aitch3
I have to say, I would like to see something more like this. There are certain characters that I will never use because they don't do anything useful. I think it would be great if there were more interactions or choices in formation, that is, in my opinion, one of the best parts of this game, playing with formations!