Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
[Suggestion] Advanced Start for high-idol playthroughs

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 17th 2015 at 11:42 AM
RS_Cyrel
Hello!

First, I just want to say that I greatly enjoy your game, it has slaughtered my productivity in favor of hours of grinding. Thank you!

My suggestion is to unlock starting stages based on the number of idols you have earned. This could be applied in a rather conservative fashion to begin with, say, 1 stage per 50 idols.

As an example: at 500 idols, when you start a new game, you would have the opportunity to immediately advance to stage 10. You still start at stage 1, you still start with nothing, but you have the *opportunity* to skip stages if you wish.

Even in extreme cases of say 5,000 idols, thus unlocking stage 100, the player will still have to stop multiple times along the way to earn the necessary gold to buy the champions needed to leapfrog up the next few stages. It encourages an active style of play for players that have already done a large amount of grinding.

Thank you for your consideration.

66 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 18th 2015 at 2:23 AM
Varie
I like your idea! But some players have too much idols, so, maybe, 1 stage per 100 idols?

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 18th 2015 at 3:09 AM
RS_Cyrel
Mmm, then it becomes next to useless for the mid-game.

If the concern is for people that have crazy numbers of idols, like 10,000+.... I see two solutions:
a) cap the unlocked stage at a certain value, say 100?
b) Have the cost to unlock each stage increase. Such as stage 1: 20 idols, stage 2: +21 (41) idols, stage 3: +22 (63) idols, etc etc.

Although... if you have 10,000 idols, and you unlock stage 200 under my original proposal... consider the work required to still GET there. As previously mentioned, it's still going to require a great deal of stopping along the way to grind the necessary gold to advance.

110 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 18th 2015 at 8:43 AM
Amoon
You could cap skillable stages at maximum reached stage minus 100, perhaps?

13 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 24th 2015 at 8:13 AM
Homomorphic
I hope something similar comes with idol shops. Being able to start at later floors will certainly make me (and some other people with high idols counts) happier - first 130 or so floors are pretty much meaningless waste of time during the run.

This also indirectly buffs Gold-o-rama (which is completely useless now, btw), since it has some potential uses when starting at higher zone.