Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Accessibility: please make chest cards stop wiggling out from under me!

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 9th 2015 at 9:41 AM
rahaeli
Like many people who type for a living, I have awful RSI problems, and I can't use a mouse and have to minimize my touchpad/touch-click use. I also don't have very good fine cursor movement ability. Yes, I know that this makes a clicking game an interesting choice, but fortunately on each reset I only have to click long enough to buy Jim and then I never click again. :)

Anyway, I've found the gameplay is pretty good at minimizing the need for pointer input (mouse/touchpad), and the long periods between necessary clicks is generally okay. But opening chests is an absolutely miserable experience. The way the cards wiggle while I'm chasing them with the mouse is incredibly frustrating, and I can't count how often they've wiggled right out from under me when I'm trying to click them. Could that animation be reduced? Or, at the very least, a keyboard shortcut.

The other thing that I'd suggest for us mouse-avoidant people is a way to scroll through the Crusader screen and buy Crusader upgrades with keyboard instead of mouse, although the time period between upgrades is generally long enough that I can take my time there. But opening chest cards is something you want to do as fast as you can to get back to the action, so every failure is horribly frustrating.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 9th 2015 at 9:53 AM
Last Edited September 9th 2015 at 10:19 AM
Erika/Alyniana
Hi raheli,

Thank you for the feedback. I will put it on our discussion list.

You don't actually have to click on the cards though.

You can just click anywhere on the chest opening screen (except around the close button) and it will put the chest on the opening podium (silver first, if you have both types) and activate the cards.

Erika

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 9th 2015 at 10:07 AM
rahaeli
I'm not talking about getting the chests onto the podium -- the problem I'm having is that once you have the cards activated, you need to click on them to flip them, while they're wiggling out from under your mouse! It usually takes me at least twice to actually manage to click on the card itself to flip it.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 9th 2015 at 10:20 AM
Last Edited September 9th 2015 at 12:34 PM
Erika/Alyniana
You don't have to click the cards, you can click anywhere.

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 10th 2015 at 9:56 PM
Last Edited September 10th 2015 at 9:57 PM
rahaeli
So, I realized why I didn't think "click anywhere" worked: clicking anywhere on the screen works as long as the place you click isn't on another card. (If it is, then the card you accidentally clicked moves into the foreground and you have to click it again to flip it, while it's wiggling. Then, if you mis-click and click different card, that card foregrounds itself and the cycle repeats.)

It's a lot less frustrating now that I know I should click anywhere BUT on the cards, but boy howdy is that counter-intuitive, given the affordances in question.