Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
equipment upgrades - another use for enchantmetns

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 20th 2015 at 2:17 AM
Tamir Buchshtav
I really like the gear and enchantments system in this game, but I feel that there are some improvements that can be made to it.

The main problems with the system, as far as I can see, are:
a. Randomness. You get random equipment from chests, and if you've got a bad case of RNG hatred on, you'll be getting nothing but low rarity equipment for the crusaders you actually want to be using.

b. Enchantments, while serve as a nice consolation prize for getting duped gear, have a very limited usefulness to none-DPS characters (honestly, what use is 20 enchants on the Panda?), and have a strong issue of diminishing returns.

My suggestion here is a system that lets you burn enchantments to upgrade your gear.
basically, one or both of the following:

1. Reforging. this lets you burn a certain amount of enchants to upgrade a piece of gear to a higher rarity. basically, spend X enchants to get an item from white to green, green to blue or blue to purple. this should have a fairly high cost. I'm thinking something like 4 enchants per level of the upgraded gear, so upgrading to green costs 8, blue costs 12 and purple costs 16.

2. Enhancing. This lets you burn enchantments to improve a piece of gear without changing rarity. so an uncommon giving +50% DPS (like Emo's More Moon Cape) will become a More Moon Cape +1 giving a 55% DPS.
This should be cheaper than Reforging, and stackable. probably with an incrementing cost, and should be either refunded or transferred to the new item if a higher rarity item is found for the same slot.

31 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 20th 2015 at 1:49 PM
Last Edited August 20th 2015 at 2:33 PM
Luner
As great as those ideas certainly do sound I would say that it would have to apply to a lesser extent if this were the case.

Epic equips are so hard to obtain but 16 enchants to upgrade your pandas clover to epic would be absurdly easy in comparison of getting it from a jeweled chest which is extremely hard. Especially since I have over 50 enchants on many of my crusaders now so that would spoil the rarity and would take value away from the awesomeness of getting a good epic equip, or any epic equip at all for that matter.

Perhaps a good idea would be cost of 10 enchants you have a 10% success rate of upgrading a rare and maybe a 5% rate of the possibility of upgrading to an epic. A little higher then the jeweled chest upgraded chance though since you can't spend 10 enchants too often. Just a thought

Finally, as for enchanting. Sounds cool too but to not make it overpowered it should cost more enchants and yeah; increasing amounts per enchants as well and should be capped at no more than +10 enchants or maybe +1 enchant max for common, +2 for uncommon, +4 for rare and +8 for epic. Finding a better rarity replacement should probably refund half of the value put into it.

Nonetheless. The ideas look great in perspective but would need some balancing to not have it too overpowered.

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 20th 2015 at 11:39 PM
Charliepersson
IT would have to be more expensive. Just my lion atm has over 90 EP, that would let me gather gear way 2 fast