Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Hard reset/erase all data?

1 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 14th 2015 at 2:16 AM
Faerei
Will there be an option to completely erase all save data?

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 14th 2015 at 10:12 AM
Erika/Alyniana
Hi Faerei,

Why do you want a hard reset?

Erika

66 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 23rd 2015 at 12:50 PM
Varie
Have you tried deleting cookies or something like that?

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 23rd 2015 at 1:27 PM
Raymond
one can't on any CNE game go to a fresh slate. once started your info is in their servers forever. even if you delete the game. and block the game. and then re add the game years later, you are where you left off.

4 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 29th 2015 at 1:59 AM
pktime
I would like a hard reset too:
Having opened most of my guaranteed jewelled chests I have basically gotten junk, so even with 700 idols I would be better off hard resetting until I get a decent epic from the guaranteed jewelled chest you get from your second boss.

110 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 29th 2015 at 11:55 AM
Amoon
Hah, "resetting account for super-rare drop" tactic sounds familiar from some other games.

4 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 2nd 2015 at 7:57 PM
pktime
To put it into numbers:

There are exactly 6 epics which have massive gameplay affecting effects: the dps on hermit/werewolf, and the +gold on panda/natalie.

Assuming you get an epic equip about once every 10 jewelled chests (which is probably a higher rate than most observe), and the epics are evenly distributed (i.e. the 60 diff epics are all equally likely to drop), you would expect to open 100 jewelled chests on average to get any of the 6 epics.

You get about 1 jewelled chest a week from daily quests, plus about 1 jewelled chest for every 100 jewelled chests = 400 bosses = 2000 zones. Assuming you are quite active you could clear about that much a week, so that makes 2 jewelled chests a week on average.

Thus you could expect to be idling for 50 weeks - that's a year - on average to get one of the 'god epics'.

If a hard reset was available, it would make complete sense for a lot of players to reset about 100 times on average to get a 'god epic' - with each reset taking maybe 10 mins to the guaranteed chest, I could get a 'god epic' from the start and make up the ground I lost by resetting with my increased efficiency.

1 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 11th 2015 at 3:21 PM
derpderp
I would also like to see this feature added!

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 11th 2015 at 4:24 PM
Raymond
um, by definition, a 'hard' reset would leave you with absolutely nothing at all. all things lost, restarting as if you were a completely new player. What's the good of that?

1 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 11th 2015 at 6:16 PM
Justin Viskoc
Starting with more knowledge... picking up the game after not playing a while... there are many reasons why hard reset is a common feature in most incrementals. I would love to have the feature and recently even posted to the CotL Facebook, but no dice.

6 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2015 at 6:57 PM
Draelokk
I'd like a hard reset function too though my reason is a little weird, in the statistics it tracks defeats, and i may have a slight ocd about having 0 defeats tracked in my statistics, and my current game has 2 defeats and it actually bugged me and stopped me playing...

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 29th 2015 at 6:25 AM
Raymond
defeats don't matter, I have 1,750 total split a third in boss levels and 2 thirds in regular levels

66 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 30th 2015 at 1:59 PM
Varie
Actually, you can make a hard reset by leaving ArmorGames for Kongregate or vice versa.

6 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 30th 2015 at 3:49 PM
Draelokk
it's an ocd regardless of if it matters or not it actually bugs the crap out of me to see it in my stastistics

6 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 5th 2015 at 4:35 PM
Draelokk
I figured out another reason for a hard reset, if you bought anything using money, you can't switch between armor games kong and facebook and retain the purchase, so if you added a hard reset you could retain the purchases between hard resets.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 5th 2015 at 4:43 PM
Raymond
no if you 'hard reset' you lose everything you bought. that is what a hard reset would be. complete reset to absolute zero

6 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 5th 2015 at 6:28 PM
Draelokk
there is many games that hard resets, any purchases made still persist, and that's the proper way to do things

66 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 6th 2015 at 1:52 AM
Varie
Guys! If you want hard resets THIS bad, create a new account! The game is not social, so it won't even be cheating.