Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Chest Drop Formula

4 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 12th 2015 at 3:02 AM
Schmock555
I am not quite sure what chances of chest drops are implemented into the game, but i found them to drop to unfrequently during my second run so I came up with an idea and hope you guys like it:

I was thinking to implemented something like a pseudorandom chance for chest drops, which means that the chance of getting a chest depends on how many you got so far and how much (maybe) bosses you killed. An example:

Lets say the basic chance of a chest drop on bosses is 0.015% on a regular basis, which increases for every time you kill a boss (chances depend also on level - so lvl 100 boss probably has an 0.08% chance). For every additional bosskill and NOT a chest drop the chance increases arithmetically (0.015%, 0.017%, etc.)
As song as you get a chest the chances reset to the basic value minus the amount of chest you found in that run. So it could be like:

Basisdropchance * bosskill (- Silver/Jeweledchest found in this run) * (times you reseted the game)= Chestdropchance

best regards,

schmock

23 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 12th 2015 at 3:45 AM
Elusion
Current chances are 20% drop rate. (Not confirmed by a Dev, but rather an educated guess based on the statistics of multiple players) So 1 out of every 5 bosses should drop a chest.

4 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 12th 2015 at 3:55 AM
Schmock555
I have read the forum posts, but i wonder if its only a firstkill statistic, which actually wouldn't be balanced. What do you think of my idea in general?

23 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 12th 2015 at 5:57 AM
Elusion
I think the drop rates are fine and people need to stop trying to improve it. 20% is generous.