Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3
Easter Event
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 27th 2015 at 12:38 PM
Last Edited March 27th 2015 at 2:01 PM
Erika/Alyniana

It's Easter time!

Read the blog for more info and the FAQ!

----
Post comments and questions here!
273 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 27th 2015 at 1:22 PM
TsukasaWM
blah
114 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 27th 2015 at 3:13 PM
Bluji
Worldwide Egg Hunt sounds like one of the more exciting things in a long while.
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 27th 2015 at 4:11 PM
Raymond
the blog is incomplete as if doesn't mention the 'Will the real Nate Dragon' that some of us have done, or collected the dynamite for, already.
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 27th 2015 at 4:57 PM
Last Edited March 27th 2015 at 6:04 PM
Erika/Alyniana
Raymond, the blog doesn't mention it because that quest wasn't supposed to go live at roll out today.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 27th 2015 at 7:28 PM
Raymond
so those blogs do not mention all the things about an event, so when you say:
"This year's event adds nearly a dozen new quests on top of the ones offered in previous years, so there's tons to do all throughout the event!" and
"There are a total of TWELVE possible achievements to earn in the Easter 2015 event."

that's a lie?
or is it like the quest during St Patrick's where there was no acknowledgement other then some reward, no indication it was going to happen, that happened after many people were actually all done and might have gone into hibernation till the next event?
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 27th 2015 at 8:56 PM
Lil
I know you mention it on the blog, but if would be nice if the mouseover at the Festival Grounds store mentions that the mini golf piece is not needed for the store based acheivement (Gone Egg Crazy). Newbies need all the help they can get in making festivals fun and simple. I know I found it helpful at my first Valentine's event, as I avoided a huge disappointment when the mousover informed me that it wasn't needed.
273 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 28th 2015 at 6:41 AM
TsukasaWM
It's almost like, a game that's intended to be played daily.....is doing things to encourage people to play daily.....shocking....
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 28th 2015 at 8:14 AM
Raymond
is that a complaint?
then do not complain when after April Fools there are ONLY 6 events all the way till Halloween.
the calendar is what it is.
273 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 28th 2015 at 8:30 AM
TsukasaWM
No it's meant to be addressing this line of utter dumbfoundedness you dropped earlier.

"or is it like the quest during St Patrick's where there was no acknowledgement other then some reward, no indication it was going to happen, that happened after many people were actually all done and might have gone into hibernation till the next event?"

And only 6 events until Halloween? That's nuts. It's almost....like for some strange reason....they just so happened to end up with....about 1 event for month.....no way that was planned or anything. My mind is blown right now.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 28th 2015 at 9:45 AM
Raymond
you must be unaware that many people top in the rankings actually stop playing when they finish an event or all content and fluxes and wait for the next event or area or building or whatever.
not me, I play every day, I log into the game 10 or more times a day.
many of those who don't do that don't even know that they missed anything at all. It was not on the event progress top left, it is not in the achievements, it was not mentioned in the blog or forums or game wall like this upcoming quest seems to also be.
sure, no reason to do it other then it's reward which I can't even remember.
One might even say this of the April Fools Bacon event that has no ribbon at all to place on your ranches wall, but that's different.
273 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 28th 2015 at 11:51 AM
TsukasaWM
It's a game based around daily play. If you choose not to play daily, that's fine, but then you can't complain that you're missing out on things. Further, top players =/= the majority or average player. I'm willing to be there's more people that take their time and play a little bit nearly every day then people who choose to blow though anything that comes out like it's a speed contest.
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 28th 2015 at 12:01 PM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Raymond: We have been listing all obtainable achievements in the blogs for a while, but we hardly ever list each individual quest in every quest line. We like some things to be a surprise.

There are a dozen new quests in the Easter event. And most players, if they know the rhythm of events, know that things unlock until a few days before the event ends. As well, not every quest in a holiday event gets an achievement associated with it. Plus, this time my FAQ includes the date of the last quest unlock.

It is the hibernators' choice to play or not, we're not responsible for them missing out on a quest if they don't check in daily or read our Facebook page or Twitter.

@ ComicsGal, thanks for the feedback.
336 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 28th 2015 at 7:10 PM
Jo Helmers
I never stop playing when i have completed all I can do.
Post by Jo Helmers deleted March 29th 2015 at 11:58 AM
Lvl 407 "Professional Monster Hunter"
23 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 30th 2015 at 2:52 PM
Corpsegoddess
Raymond, nearly every post of yours I've ever read has been a complaint of some kind about something. This is a GAME. They make this for our entertainment (and to make money, too. I know that). You really need to just chill out and click on the cute things and have a good time. That's ultimately what this is about.

As for myself, I like having quests and things revealed. Also, the sheer number of events they have in this game is amazing. I don't know what other games you play, but BW2 outdoes any others I've ever tried.
59 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 30th 2015 at 5:21 PM
Michael Inaba
Is anyone else not getting any "tufts of grass" for lambchop?? I've had the quest for close to 18 hours... not 1 of the 14 needed...?
273 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 30th 2015 at 5:47 PM
Last Edited March 30th 2015 at 5:48 PM
TsukasaWM
I haven't played it yet, but are you sure it's not an item you have to stop and whack as opposed to using quick whack?
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 30th 2015 at 6:27 PM
Raymond
Michale the grass is a spawned thing after using perhaps 4 quick whacks of energy, i bet there's a tuft right there in your area.
Lvl 407 "Professional Monster Hunter"
23 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 30th 2015 at 7:54 PM
Corpsegoddess
The tufts are really hard to see, especially if you're on a grassy zone. Took me a while to figure it out myself.